General Chat/Time-Waster Thread

Sar

6 minutes ago, DrDingo said:

There was a poster up in my student accommodation for a doughnut delivery service. I thought it looked great

Until I realised that they only give you doughnuts if you ask them a question about God

Same thing going on here.

Ask them if he's a kind God, or a mean God.

Ask them if he prefers jam doughnuts or ring doughnuts.

Ask them if he spells it doughnut or donut.

Ask them if he also likes bagels.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Saxon said:

involved engaging with people who think climate change is a leftist conspiracy, who think that vaccinations cause autism, and dismiss anybody who tried to convince them otherwise as a Marxist

See, it seems most of the anti-vaxxers are leftists though. Same people who hate GMOs. Then again, maybe anti-science people on both the right and the left are mingling... having babies.

My god, we are fucked.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Crazy Lee said:

See, it seems most of the anti-vaxxers are leftists though. Same people who hate GMOs. Then again, maybe anti-science people on both the right and the left are mingling... having babies.

My god, we are fucked.

I don't think the antivaccination conspiracy has ever been exclusive to one side of the culture war. Donald Trump believes vaccines cause autism and so do a considerable number of his followers. Even before that I have frequently come across right wing creationists who were anti-vax and who believed GMO was an interference with God's perfect creation.

And I thought anti-GMO's is something the Right supports. Upon checking the cons of GMO's I'd say it's something that will fit the leftist's narrative.

People all over the political spectrum oppose genetic modification. From left-leaning people who think it is a corruption of unspoilt nature, to right wing conservatives who believe it is an affront to god. You'll even find a lot of people who have no political sympathies one way or the other who oppose GMOs.

Few of them appreciate that staying ahead of the game in the science of food production is vital, and that 20th century developments saved over a billion lives: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_Borlaug

1 hour ago, Saxon said:

Few of them appreciate that staying ahead of the game in the science of food production is vital, and that 20th century developments saved over a billion lives: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_Borlaug

This is weird given how the US wastes 40% of their food. 1.3 Tons of world food production are wasted or lost. I'd never imagine we have problem with food shortages. sounds like a corporate dingbing for making a huge buck. If both sides dont agree with this they should try vertical farming.

56 minutes ago, Mikazuki Marazhu said:

This is weird given how the US wastes 40% of their food. 1.3 Tons of world food production are wasted or lost. I'd never imagine we have problem with food shortages. sounds like a corporate dingbing for making a huge buck. If both sides dont agree with this they should try vertical farming.

So food shortages are a real problem in a lot of countries because even though overall our planet produces enough food to feed everybody, it's difficult to get the food to the right places before it goes bad or is blighted by pests, and the problem is made worse because some countries produce too much food, and then dump it in developing nations and undermine their ability to produce food themselves, or because wealthy countries import too much food because they waste too much of it.

I am skeptical about indoor vertical farms because using indoor lighting to grow plants in a shaded environment uses a lot of electricity, so it has a large carbon footprint. Conventional farming is entirely solar powered, by contrast.

9 minutes ago, Saxon said:

I am skeptical about indoor vertical farms because using indoor lighting to grow plants in a shaded environment uses a lot of electricity, so it has a large carbon footprint. Conventional farming is entirely solar powered, by contrast.

I havent dig deep into the cons of indoor farming. I've heard that we could save tons of water in the process and conventional outdoor farming requires alot of water and prossible ground water contamination from fertilizers.

I need citations though

1 hour ago, DrGravitas said:

My jaw pain is worse again. Enough that I decided to go for some softer food and got a chicken salad sandwich instead of my usual.

Huh. Does this happen often, Doc? One thought was that maybe its triggered by clenching your teeth/jaw muscles at night (TMJ/TMD), and it flares up with the introduction of an agent like caffeine, which can ramp up tension, even as it makes one more awake.

Hope it passes soon. Have you been under an increased amount of stress lately?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrGravitas said:

Good question, wish I knew. It started back when I got that cold from the office and hasn't let up.

Do you still have remnants of your cold and is it your upper jaw? If so it could be sinus pressure radiating to your jaw. Otherwise I have no idea.

• Like 1

My coworkers in my immediate domain group have (for whatever reason) decided they want to coordinate shirt colors. Since I'm already fairly consistent in my dress, and they didn't think they could convince me to go along with it, they've decided to simply adopt my patterns. The one who proposed we model after me seems to already know my pattern somewhat and is adopting it.

The rest have started a chart on the whiteboard...

8 minutes ago, Fossa-Boy said:

Huh. Does this happen often, Doc? One thought was that maybe its triggered by clenching your teeth/jaw muscles at night (TMJ/TMD), and it flares up with the introduction of an agent like caffeine, which can ramp up tension, even as it makes one more awake.

Hope it passes soon. Have you been under an increased amount of stress lately?

I kinda suspect that it is clenching, and especially at night, given it is sorest when I wake up. But I don't feel like I'm under any more stress than usual. However, I do think it could be caused by medication. Not long before it, I started on meds that were a different generic brand than usual. Clenching and grinding can be a side-effect. It's not usually much of a problem, but I know there is some variations between the different generics.

3 minutes ago, Zop said:

Do you still have remnants of your cold and is it your upper jaw? If so it could be sinus pressure radiating to your jaw. Otherwise I have no idea.

That was also a thought, and it did get colder out today (which generally messes with my sinuses). But usually it doesn't cause me jaw pain.

I'm kind of frustrated about the furries who want everybody to boycott under armour because their boss said he likes Trump.

I think that the people who are boycotting cornflakes because they won't advertise on Breitbart are friggin' morons. I like to laugh at how ridiculous and petty those people are.

Please don't behave like them, furries. :\

19 minutes ago, Saxon said:

I'm kind of frustrated about the furries who want everybody to boycott under armour because their boss said he likes Trump.

I think that the people who are boycotting cornflakes because they won't advertise on Breitbart are friggin' morons. I like to laugh at how ridiculous and petty those people are.

Please don't behave like them, furries. :\

If normies do stupid stuff, then why wouldn't degenerates also do stupid stuff?

You place too much hope in a fandom chock full of weirdos, myself included.

I also doubt many furries wear under armour lol. Furries aren't exactly athletic people.

3 minutes ago, Hux said:

If normies do stupid stuff, then why wouldn't degenerates also do stupid stuff?

You place too much hope in a fandom chock full of weirdos, myself included.

I also doubt many furries wear under armour lol. Furries aren't exactly athletic people.

IMO people boycotting cornflakes for not advertising on Breitbart have attained a level of such twittery that they are no longer mere normies.

Under armour is actually a really popular think to wear under fursuits.

12 minutes ago, Saxon said:

IMO people boycotting cornflakes for not advertising on Breitbart have attained a level of such twittery that they are no longer mere normies.

Under armour is actually a really popular think to wear under fursuits.

Maybe normies are getting stupider? Everyone lives in a hugbox so now everyone is kinda dull. 

We'd all be smarter if we argued more.

Too much masturbate, too little debate.

3 minutes ago, Socketosis said:

Before doing a Google search, I thought "under armour" was referring to a groin protector. This made me wonder why fursuiters would need to worry about being hit in the nuts.

When you can barely see you walk into a lot of things. :V

Maybe normies are getting stupider? Everyone lives in a hugbox so now everyone is kinda dull. 

We'd all be smarter if we argued more.

Too much masturbate, too little debate.

Fewer arguments. More furry love piles.

• Like 1

This is true.

Even better, when the light first came on it reminded me of the oil leak I had seemingly taken care of and forgot about half a year ago. I checked the dipstick and it came back dry o.0

I got oil back into it pronto and everything turned out just fine. \o/

4 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Well hey...no news is good news after all

• Like 1

Well, it looks like I'm going to spend all day watching Shimoneta: A Boring World. I love crude humor. I'll probably watch more casual anime like Attack on Titan or One Punch Man and then move on to the more obscure animaymays. 

My soul has been damned to weeb Hell. I don't think there's any coming back. Eventually I'll wind up staying up late and watching more obscure animes. I knew watching anime would lead me down this path. I knew I would get sucked in and become addicted.

This is just the beginning. I'll probably be a full blown weeb in a month. God help me. Soon enough I'll be playing video games like Catherine and stuff.

3 hours ago, Battlechili said:

DO IT

FALL PREY TO YOUR INNER WEEB

Also if you do watch anime but aren't sure what, give this a try. I need someone to talk with about its 2nd season when it comes out.

Is this a good animaymay? I'll probably get around to watching it.

2 hours ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

DO IT

WATCH THEM. 

THE TENTACLES ARE DRAWING YOU IN WITH ITS SLIMY, SINISTER GRIP

ohhaythatsmyfetish

A black graduate at my university complained that he went back to visit his college and they circulated an email warning of a 'potentially criminal intruder'.

I can really sympathise with him that that experience must have been awful.

...then he uses his article to complain that the University didn't give him good enough grades because the mark scheme is racist. :c Stop it you're going to distract people from the real problem you identified with your personal drama.

7 minutes ago, Saxon said:

A black graduate at my university complained that he went back to visit his college and they circulated an email warning of a 'potentially criminal intruder'.

I can really sympathise with him that that experience must have been awful.

...then he uses his article to complain that the University didn't give him good enough grades because the mark scheme is racist. :c Stop it you're going to distract people from the real problem you identified with your personal drama.

Do they conduct panty raids at British unis?

'Cause I could steal your underwear bruh

Almost banned from fur affinity forums for telling a man who says that Dylan Roof's racially aggravated murder of 9 people is no worse than Richard Spencer being punched that he has more fingers than braincells.

FAF has been ruined by a segment of users who hold amazingly prejudiced views about black people, muslims and trans people. They go around calling people 'cunts' if you don't agree with them, but if you quip that they're thick, then you're the one who's going to get banned? ._.

What is happening to the website?

• Like 1

• Vae pinned this topic