General Chat/Time-Waster Thread

Sar

2 hours ago, Chrysocyon said:

Stay safe! Seems like tornados are spreading through the midwest, there was a watch in my area last night too.

Well I'm not dead, just dead tired. So that's something.

I had to ford a small river on the way to work. I made it fine but the rest of the family drowned in 3 inches of water ('cept Petey, that was dysentery.)

Also several ceiling tiles have collapsed and the end of the hall is soaked again. Guess they got another leak.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Sergalus said:

Hooray you are alive.

Heh, thankye

___

I tried putting my computer into sleep mode during the big storm, just in case my computer lost power. When I tried to get it started the next day it seemed unable to boot. I wasted nearly the entire evening booting to safemode and trying all this crap, before finally cajoling it into functioning by some fiddly crap involving unplugging and plugging back in the display cable.

By the end of it I was sick of messing with crap and decided to just play some Tyranny instead:

tmp_5748-TyrannyScreenshot2015513457.png

There was a test that had a section at the end where I had to write down my answers. The problem was that I had to mark my answers on a different thing that was only ment for multiple choice questions. When I asked about this, I was told that I didn't have to do that part. Today I found out that I actually did have to somehow answer them. I was screwed out of a better grade because of the format. I got an ok grade, but still.

...so HL1 lets you define custom effect patterns for lights, using an alphabetical string ("higher" letters equating to brighter light, with A being total darkness and Z being full intensity) up to 64 characters in length...

I used it to put stupid messages in my latest map; one light's flicker pattern reads "if you read this then you're dumb" (...which will only be seen if the map gets decompiled...)

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Sergalus said:

No way! It must be fake. But why? Do you believe him? BTW that thing is cute. @Snagged Cub are you really fennec fox as fursona? I dont see these things very often.

Nah, not really. I don't have a proper picture of my sona so a cute picture of fennec will have to do. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrGravitas said:

Line chatter turned to discussing how the Wii U could have been marketed better. It was suggested to call it something different. Managed to suggest "Hyper Wii" with a straight face. "Yeah, that would be good!"

What they need to do is just use the damn codenames instead of this kiddie bullshit.

The Wii's codename was Revolution. Switch's codename was NX. They sound much better than the end result.

5 hours ago, Sergalus said:

We need to take coffee away from mods. No caffeine for old grandpappy. We dont need too awake mods.

Please dont kill me

I'm pretty sure my blood is like 80% pure coffee at this point.

So I mean
good luck with that extraction.

But I'm still perpetually exhausted, so I guess this is a self-solving problem.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Vae said:

I'm pretty sure my blood is like 80% pure coffee at this point.

So I mean
good luck with that extraction.

But I'm still perpetually exhausted, so I guess this is a self-solving problem.

Nah you are exhausted because of coffee. Coffee makes you sleepy (atleast this is how it works for me). I can try to extract coffee from you but will take some time and you probably will die.

Just now, Sergalus said:

Nah you are exhausted because of coffee. Coffee makes you sleepy (atleast this is how it works for me). I can try to extract coffee from you but will take some time and you probably you will die.

As long as I can re-drink it, idgaf.
We've established that I'm immortal anyway.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vae said:

As long as I can re-drink it, idgaf.
We've established that I'm immortal anyway.

Immortal! That is huge problem. We need to fix you and lift curse until its too late and you suffered too much. I feel sorry that you stuck in hell forever.

5 hours ago, DrGravitas said:

Line chatter turned to discussing how the Wii U could have been marketed better. It was suggested to call it something different. Managed to suggest "Hyper Wii" with a straight face. "Yeah, that would be good!"

I suggest Wii Pee or Mega wii. (Straight face)

1 minute ago, Sergalus said:

My goodness who is she? That art is amazing I love that style <3

I'm not sure; I only came across her yesterday. I didn't think she was well appreciated enough, so that's why I posted a link to her gallery here.

1 hour ago, Sergalus said:

Immortal! That is huge problem. We need to fix you and lift curse until its too late and you suffered too much. I feel sorry that you stuck in hell forever.

I dunno.
If suffering bothered me, I probably wouldn't have agreed to mod this place.

• Like 7

• Vae pinned this topic