DrGravitas

One day you hear a booming voice loudly proclaim "Oops!"

You soon discover you are the last person on Earth. Even stranger, things seem to stay the same when you're not interacting with them. Food and gas stay fresh, the power stays on, and even television seems intent on repeating episodes of random shows and occasionally an hour of empty newsroom shots.

So, what do you do with the rest of your life?

7 minutes ago, Cingal said:

I've always wanted to learn how to work metal.

Old timey stuff, like armour and tools.

So, I guess I'd do that for a bit.

I have a coworker whose in a blacksmithing club. I had no idea those existed, but apparently so. I even went to one of their open shop meet thingies; got a T-shirt and created decorative leaf!

Honestly, I think I'd freak out and be pushed to the brink emotionally grieving for all of the people that I love that are just gone and likely dwell on it for the rest of my life just going about each day mindlessly. Also:

2B0E788000000578-0-image-a-33_1438580703

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, DrGravitas said:

I have a coworker whose in a blacksmithing club. I had no idea those existed, but apparently so. I even went to one of their open shop meet thingies; got a T-shirt and created decorative leaf!

Oh yeah, it's saw a bit of a resurgence lately. I guess there's always been a thing for it with renaissance fairs and so on. But, there seems a growing community for it.

It's pretty interesting!

Anyway, I guess after I'd done with that, I'd go browse FA for a bit,and realise there's never going to be any new art. So, that's going to suck a bit.

• Like 2

Do the pets locked indoors and in cages live? :C

...that said, I'd just walk down highways, travel the modern desolate landscape, raid shops and stuff when I get hungry...and just become a nomadic wanderer in a world that is only my own...and bring like one or a few friends because it'd be cool to mess around in it

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Do the pets locked indoors and in cages live? :C

Yeah, they'll live. Even years later you can come upon houses with pets inside that are (usually) ecstatic to see you, but otherwise no worse for the wear. No real understanding of how, but hey maybe it's compensation for having nobody else anymore. Or maybe it's a side-effect of some strange accident that caused all this. One could easily spend the rest of their lives trying to work out the rules, or try to figure out what happened, or even try to contact whatever was behind the booming voice if they still exists!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, DrGravitas said:

Yeah, they'll live. Even years later you can come upon houses with pets inside that are (usually) ecstatic to see you, but otherwise no worse for the wear. No real understanding of how, but hey maybe it's compensation for having nobody else anymore. Or maybe it's a side-effect of some strange accident that caused all this. One could easily spend the rest of their lives trying to work out the rules, or try to figure out what happened, or even try to contact whatever was behind the booming voice if they still exists!

I would free all the pets and be commander of a pet army, and travel the world with my pets

I will be the pet king

• Like 1

i can't really play along and imagine doing fun things i never got to do because realistically i'd be freaking the fuck out and begging god to either bring everybody back or take me too.  life's not worth living alone :^)

• Like 1

This thread is far more depressing than I imagined it would be :|

Y'all need some materialism refresher courses :V

Ok, so the loss of companionship would be a bummer, but maybe you could break into a fertility clinic and try jumpstarting humanity! It'd get a bit messy and it'd be a real challenge, but doesn't that sound like fun?! Or you could sail to Europe, find the Vatican, and then go around wearing the Pope's big hat! Everybody loves hats, Valve taught me so!

1 hour ago, DrGravitas said:

This thread is far more depressing than I imagined it would be :|

Y'all need some materialism refresher courses :V

Ok, so the loss of companionship would be a bummer, but maybe you could break into a fertility clinic and try jumpstarting humanity! It'd get a bit messy and it'd be a real challenge, but doesn't that sound like fun?! Or you could sail to Europe, find the Vatican, and then go around wearing the Pope's big hat! Everybody loves hats, Valve taught me so!

That only works if youre biologically female, man. Even then...yay inbreeding!

That said....there's something wrong with me. because the idea of loneliness doesnt bother me :l Especially if there are animals around, I'd be a lone wolf in a world with just my pack.

I'd be sad and miss some people dearly, maybe hope to find them or bring them along, but I'd take the opportunity for an adventure at once

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

That only works if youre biologically female, man.

That said....there's something wrong with me. because the idea of loneliness doesnt bother me :l Especially if there are animals around, I'd be a lone wolf in a world with just my pack.

I'd be sad and miss some people dearly, maybe hope to find them or bring them along, but I'd take the opportunity for an adventure at once

Artificial wombs; perhaps with enough time and effort, chimpanzee surrogate mothers? There's plenty enough strange happening to think maybe some miraculous help might be had.

My mad science silliness aside, what sort of adventures would you embark upon?

Just now, DrGravitas said:

Artificial wombs; perhaps with enough time and effort, chimpanzee surrogate mothers? There's plenty enough strange happening to think maybe some miraculous help might be had.

My mad science silliness aside, what sort of adventures would you embark upon?

My fursona itself is nomadic, so I've imagined the idea of traveling a nearly unpopulated world through them.

Probably a lot, the journey could take forever since I might just go about it by foot most of the time, walking down long stretches of highways probably meant for four lanes of cars. Occassionally maybe raid a car or bus.

I'd still free all the animals and let them become feral or follow me, my mission would be to pet aaaaall the animals (almost).

I would have a backpack with me to carry food or miscellaneous items. I'd travel woods and abandoned buildings doing natural and urban exploring, climb lots of heights like tall buildings or trees to have a vantage point of my world. Any time I got hungry I would just stop at the next suburban neighborhood, city market, or restaurant and just raid kitchens and pantries and feed my pets. I'd never go hungry. I might bring weapons and extra food on long stretches past post-civilization. Just in case I need to protect myself or my animals from the other feral ones. Id probably practice swordsmanship and use that instead of a firearm if I can help it.

At night I would lay out under the stars on the grassy fields, or on the cemented roof of a skyscraper or building. I would blast radios so loud that the entire city could hear its roar, a concert for myself that I can hear in any location within its radius. 

I might travel to libraries, read more books in my spare time, draw more sketches, have unlimited access to paints, spraypaints and canvas,  and leave my mark every which way.

All the while I might travel in some hope or effort to find maybe some other person, make it a quest of mine to see if there's somebody else out there in the same situation as mine, and maybe this would be part of my quest until I die.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

My fursona itself is nomadic, so I've imagined the idea of traveling a nearly unpopulated world through them.

Probably a lot, the journey could take forever since I might just go about it by foot most of the time, walking down long stretches of highways probably meant for four lanes of cars. Occassionally maybe raid a car or bus.

I'd still free all the animals and let them become feral or follow me, my mission would be to pet aaaaall the animals (almost).

I would have a backpack with me to carry food or miscellaneous items. I'd travel woods and abandoned buildings doing natural and urban exploring, climb lots of heights like tall buildings or trees to have a vantage point of my world. Any time I got hungry I would just stop at the next suburban neighborhood, city market, or restaurant and just raid kitchens and pantries and feed my pets. I'd never go hungry. I might bring weapons and extra food on long stretches past post-civilization. Just in case I need to protect myself or my animals from the other feral ones. Id probably practice swordsmanship and use that instead of a firearm if I can help it.

At night I would lay out under the stars on the grassy fields, or on the cemented roof of a skyscraper or building. I would blast radios so loud that the entire city could hear its roar, a concert for myself that I can hear in any location within its radius. 

I might travel to libraries, read more books in my spare time, draw more sketches, have unlimited access to paints, spraypaints and canvas,  and leave my mark every which way.

All the while I might travel in some hope or effort to find maybe some other person, make it a quest of mine to see if there's somebody else out there in the same situation as mine, and maybe this would be part of my quest until I die.

Now, THAT'S an answer! 8D

What a beautiful vision of urban exploration and adventure!

If I already haven't committed suicide due to the depressing fact that I am and will be literally forever alone, then I guess I'd just wonder around the world, do all the stuff I've always wanted to and I guess finally have enough time to do it all, like, reading, becoming actually good at drawing, finishing video games and doing exercise while with a hopeful mind,  waiting for that one sentient contact, like a man on a stranded island

To be honest, no matter how much I think I am better off alone, in reality, I am not. We humans are simply not made for that. We need to be social and I'd become an emotional wreck in less than a week. The whole situation reminds me of an analogue of living in a golden cage, and if it was up to me, I wouldn't voluntarily live the rest of my life in one

Also, I am fairly positive that wild animals, illnesses and natural disasters will still be an issue. Who keeps me from being eaten by a pack of wolves that will be immigrating into cities too after all humans but me are gone? Who has the medical expertise and a second pair of hands to treat me when I fall ill or get a severe wound? What if there's a fire in the house while I sleep and none to warn me about it? Overall, I'd think I'd meet my end too very soon after everyone else just.. disappeared

And if I'm immortal for whatever reason, yeah, no, that'd a curse because the moment I got stuck under rubble or something would mean the days of eternal suffering

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...