unpopular opinions

Joel

15 minutes ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

It's basically the latest version of Word/Powerpoint/Excel online.

It's only the devil if you have shitty wifi.

Wait until your internet connection goes down when you have a paper due, then see how much of a devil it is. But, I'm not here to judge (even though I'm judging this software entirely based on one word :P )

1 hour ago, DrGravitas said:

Wait until your internet connection goes down when you have a paper due, then see how much of a devil it is. But, I'm not here to judge (even though I'm judging this software entirely based on one word :P )

That happens to me all the time because my uni's wifi is so bad.

For word documents and stuff I don't care, but it's easier for me to work Excel spreadsheets in there.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Windows Phone is actually a good OS.

I had a Windows Phone for a while and it was surprisingly really damn good!! I very much enjoyed using it. And that's saying a lot, cuz I'm an Apple fanturd. But it's Achilles heel was the lack of 3rd party support; it'd take ages for even major developers to port their app over, and most of the time they'd just make a half-baked dung pile that had 1/4 of the functionality of its iOS/Android counterparts. And then there's the deal with Google refusing to port any of their good apps, including YouTube, because Google is run by fucking dickheads. All that, combined with the OS always being about 10 steps behind the competition, kinda ruined something that, unbelievably enough, seemed to have real potential. 

I haven't used WP since 8.1, so I don't know if anything has changed for the better.... But I doubt it. 

Windows Phone OS is a lot like IOS in many ways, except for the lackluster APP support, yeah. I think what I liked most about it is how streamlined and well optimised it is even on lower end devices. Even the lowest end Windows Phones ran really well as far as optimizations go, it shits all over Android. Shame it never took off.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

I think what I liked most about it is how streamlined and well optimised it is even on lower end devices. Even the lowest end Windows Phones ran really well as far as optimizations go, it shits all over Android. 

Oh yeah, definitely!! Mine was pretty low-end (Nokia 520) but it still looked slick and ran snappy. It was a joy to use. Unlike some of these low-budget androids out there; my young sibs like to get those to play games on but most of them can barely run the stock apps.  

I noticed that my Nokia didn't handle the upgrade from WP8 to WP8.1 very well tho; it got really laggy after that... 

5 hours ago, BlitzCo said:

fight me.png

Ok, on a serious note:

I totally get people not liking the Beatles; their music is DEFINITELY not for everybody. 
But I don't think they should be called overrated either, because their legacy is not quite so much their songs as is the huge impact they had on the industry itself. Not the best band ever, but one of the most influential bands ever.

56e0a75acde89_ScreenShot2016-03-09at4.44

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, willow said:

the Godwin fallacy is one of the most misused fallacies ever

Honestly I think the "fallacy fallacy" is getting up there at this point, assuming it hasn't surpassed it already.

The "fallacy fallacy" being people randomly pointing out supposed (and usually wrong) fallacies instead of having an actual argument, oblivious to the fact that it just makes them look like a fucking idiot.

Just now, PastryOfApathy said:

Honestly I think the "fallacy fallacy" is getting up there at this point, assuming it hasn't surpassed it already.

The "fallacy fallacy" being people randomly pointing out supposed (and usually wrong) fallacies instead of having an actual argument, oblivious to the fact that it just makes them look like a fucking idiot.

I'd say they're pretty much at the same level at this point

19 hours ago, PastryOfApathy said:

I do love my fallacy fallacies... But you're right.
I only ever point out fallacies in an argument if the argument is so batshit retarded that I can't be bothered with it.

Interracial dating just seems kinda wrong to me. Not for the same reasons that people of the past thought it was for, though.

1. If someone white specifically goes after other races, it seems like they're trying to fetishize and/or take advantage of them, or gain liberal points... or piss off their parents.

2. If someone "of color" goes after specificall whites, it makes them seem brainwashed to believe whites are better or like they're trying to gain status or something... or piss off their parents.

It only seems all right to me if it wasn't done on purpose and both people involved didn't factor race into dating at all.

7 hours ago, deconstructed furry said:

Interracial dating just seems kinda wrong to me. Not for the same reasons that people of the past thought it was for, though.

1. If someone white specifically goes after other races, it seems like they're trying to fetishize and/or take advantage of them, or gain liberal points... or piss off their parents.

2. If someone "of color" goes after specificall whites, it makes them seem brainwashed to believe whites are better or like they're trying to gain status or something... or piss off their parents.

It only seems all right to me if it wasn't done on purpose and both people involved didn't factor race into dating at all.

There really is a fine line that can get crossed in those situations.... But then again, it's not really our place to judge people's intentions either. 

I've always been more concerned about the kids in such a situation. Say you have a caucasian father, and a black mother, will the kids end up being black or white? Will that make things awkward for the family? Will the kids get bullied, or confused about themselves? 

I don't have anything against interracial marriage; It just seems like there's a lot of potential for unpleasantness...

3 minutes ago, BlitzCo said:

If little kids are misbehaving in a public place and the parents are doing nothing to stop it, you should be allowed to duct-tape their mouths and handcuff them 

The parents? Then you can take the children and raise them with a proper furry education :V

Edited by pothocket
  • Like 5

22 hours ago, Endless/Nameless said:

There really is a fine line that can get crossed in those situations.... But then again, it's not really our place to judge people's intentions either. 

I've always been more concerned about the kids in such a situation. Say you have a caucasian father, and a black mother, will the kids end up being black or white? Will that make things awkward for the family? Will the kids get bullied, or confused about themselves? 

I don't have anything against interracial marriage; It just seems like there's a lot of potential for unpleasantness...

It's just a lot of IR YouTube couples and bloggers try to glorify it... when it often seems problematic to me.

Also, the kids are whatever the non-white parents is, due to the one-drop rule... unless they look 100% white and nobody believes them when they say they aren't.

9 hours ago, Flake said:

I just don't get the appeal of video Let's Plays. Friend's roommate streamed Game Grumps nonstop and I was taken aback at how... low brow it was.

I don't really like "silly" LP'ers like them, if that makes a lot of sense.

Most of the ones I like are really kinda low on the low brow humour and more just naturally funny side of themselves.

Some of them have hypnotising voices too <3

• 3 weeks later...

I don't consider college students peers till they've lived 100% on their own after a while. No, girl who has daddy pay all of her food and bills, you are not living the adult life by choosing organic $8 salad over ramen.