TRIGGERING

Taikugemu

The word master isn't being banned. They are changing the name of the house masters, the faculty that are in charge of overseeing the residence halls. This is in part because of actual race issues that happened between house masters and students, but that is not the whole reason. The university has a good reason to draw attention away from the history of the school; the school was founded by, allegedly, oppressive slave owners.

Princeton and Yale have done something similar, if I remember correctly.

• Like 4

if master is banned because it implies ownership, boss will be banned because it implies dominance, and excelled will be banned because it implies superiority

letters and numbers for grades will be banned also as it ranks people from superiority to inferiority which is triggering, and will instead be replaced by the seven colours of the rainbow and shades of each

• Like 1

Ya know, I get it... There is a point to what the SJWs are doing. A certain degree of correctness wouldn't help society.

But this is just silly! The word "master" comes from the latin word "magister", which means teacher. And that is not an offensive meaning at all!

What they are doing here is like banning the word "bread" because it is offensive for a small minority of people (I made that up). 99.99% of all people use that word because they are referring to a food item that humanity has been making for literally thousands of years but they want it gone because oh no! A handful of people might be offended by it because they are too stupid to realize that the word has multiple meanings!

That is what I hate about the SJW movement. They are always taking things too far and way out of context...

22 minutes ago, Käpt'n said:

That is what I hate about the SJW movement. They are always taking things too far and way out of context...

Well,  I mean the US has a terrible history of racism and prejudice - and I guess that is what they're trying to get as far as possible from that.

Baby steps first.

42 minutes ago, Terminal7 said:

Well,  I mean the US has a terrible history of racism and prejudice

I get that, and it's not just a problem the USA had in the past. There still are racial issues and I fully understand that they want to work against that.

It's just that the way they are doing it is way too extreme and borderline idiotic.

idk, if you read the article (and also what MalletFace wrote) it sounds like it has less to do with banning a word and more to do with getting rid of an archaic title which some people aren't comfortable with. not gonna lie though, I cringe whenever people criticize students' need for safe places and stuff like it's a bad thing and this article kind of reeks of that sort of criticism

"Although the noun means to ‘have people under one’s control’ and the verb means to ‘acquire complete knowledge in a skill’ these are sensitive 18+ year olds who require safe spaces and trigger warnings on everything so they can get through the day and must be coddled and guarded from hateful language."

yeah..

• Like 1

I swear to god, there was a point in my life when I heard that one HDD might be a master or a slave to another, I figured somebody was going to gripe over it. I AM ZE PERSON OF ALL KNOWLEDGE.

Now we have those/ze/zis/gofuckyourself/insertwhateverhere 'SJW'S defending WHAT? What the fuck are you defending?

I hope it still burns you that people are still crossing pins on jumpers to ensure that one drive is a FUCKING MASTER OVER THE OTHER.

It has fuck all to do with you or any other living human being, it's a mechanical component.

Where do I sign up to get my master's in go-fuck-yourself?

Edited by Wrecker

4 hours ago, Wrecker said:

I swear to god, there was a point in my life when I heard that one HDD might be a master or a slave to another, I figured somebody was going to gripe over it. I AM ZE PERSON OF ALL KNOWLEDGE.

Now we have those/ze/zis/gofuckyourself/insertwhateverhere 'SJW'S defending WHAT? What the fuck are you defending?

I hope it still burns you that people are still crossing pins on jumpers to ensure that one drive is a FUCKING MASTER OVER THE OTHER.

It has fuck all to do with you or any other living human being, it's a mechanical component.

Where do I sign up to get my master's in go-fuck-yourself?

Yeah in my college hardware class, the instructor mentioned that some people take issue with the master/slave terminology for hard drives. Do they also take issue with BDSM?

Edited by Phausk
  • Like 1

Well shit. I guess that means I can't go to Harvard for the single goal of making 18 year old freshmen my bondage slaves. However shall I practice my sexual fetishes if Harvard keeps oppressing me?

On 12/7/2015 at 6:09 PM, Sir Gibby said:

letters and numbers for grades will be banned also as it ranks people from superiority to inferiority which is triggering, and will instead be replaced by the seven colours of the rainbow and shades of each

Good. Term papers need to be gayed up a little. Fucking pride rainbows for everyone!

On 12/7/2015 at 6:19 PM, Sir Gibby said:

it's either that or senpai

Sensei.
Sempai = upperclassman. Sensei = teacher.

Fuck I feel like a weaboo.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2015 at 6:27 AM, Terminal7 said:

Well,  I mean the US has a terrible history of racism and prejudice - and I guess that is what they're trying to get as far as possible from that.

Baby steps first.

lel like the united states were the only slave owners ever.

i mean, every race and color have victims of slavery at one time or another, not to mention european powers created the slave market and trade long before we were a nation. and to top it all off BLACK PEOPLE FROM AFRICA SOLD THEIR OWN PEOPLE TO THE "WHITE MAN"!

so the real trigger word for all these dainty little faux triggerd negroes should be AFRICA

or maybe an entire 8 generations of butthurt morons who have never been slaves should quit wasting everyones time with their snowflake bullshit

also theres like 3 token black guys at harvard and theyre all on the basketball team anyway

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2015 at 8:07 AM, willow said:

idk, if you read the article (and also what MalletFace wrote) it sounds like it has less to do with banning a word and more to do with getting rid of an archaic title which some people aren't comfortable with. not gonna lie though, I cringe whenever people criticize students' need for safe places and stuff like it's a bad thing and this article kind of reeks of that sort of criticism

"Although the noun means to ‘have people under one’s control’ and the verb means to ‘acquire complete knowledge in a skill’ these are sensitive 18+ year olds who require safe spaces and trigger warnings on everything so they can get through the day and must be coddled and guarded from hateful language."

yeah..

students are adults and if they cant handle a few words then they should give the title back. words only have as much power as they are given and removing it only makes it stronger because of such acknowledgement

53 minutes ago, Azure said:

students are adults and if they cant handle a few words then they should give the title back. words only have as much power as they are given and removing it only makes it stronger because of such acknowledgement

We could argue about it, but a majority of the students and faculty are happy about the change; they are the ones who matter in this issue as it was conflict between these two groups that gave way to this change.

No individual gives a word power. It takes years, many people, and a culture to make a word mean something. Acknowledging the power in such a way does not make it stronger; it compensates for the power you know is there. Apparently the students and faculty are happy with this compensation.

Edited by MalletFace

1 hour ago, Azure said:

lel like the united states were the only slave owners ever.

i mean, every race and color have victims of slavery at one time or another, not to mention european powers created the slave market and trade long before we were a nation. and to top it all off BLACK PEOPLE FROM AFRICA SOLD THEIR OWN PEOPLE TO THE "WHITE MAN"!

so the real trigger word for all these dainty little faux triggerd negroes should be AFRICA

or maybe an entire 8 generations of butthurt morons who have never been slaves should quit wasting everyones time with their snowflake bullshit

also theres like 3 token black guys at harvard and theyre all on the basketball team anyway

I don't know what makes you think I'm going to excuse you of that. 

You're speaking as if slavery was only a business, the reason why it continued was only a business, and that it's their fault that everything that happened afterwords was their fault. You do realize that even after a slave was freed, they could be captured again and again with cases that were almost always against their favor.

Another thing,  short and simple, the reason why it matters more in the US was because it was moved beyond a business and got in the way of actual human rights. 

The current fight is not about that, its to combat against police brutality,  whose officers use some magical algorithm to find their suspects.

Watch your mouth,  honkey*

*think about why said that

7 minutes ago, Terminal7 said:

You're speaking as if slavery was only a business, the reason why it continued was only a business, and that it's their fault that everything that happened afterwords was their fault. You do realize that even after a slave was freed, they could be captured again and again with cases that were almost always against their favor.

Another thing,  short and simple, the reason why it matters more in the US was because it was moved beyond a business and got in the way of actual human rights.

I would have ventured to say it matters more in the US because it was only made illegal about 200 years ago and that black people have only had "true freedom" for less than 100.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Terminal7 said:

I don't know what makes you think I'm going to excuse you of that. 

The current fight is not about that, its to combat against police brutality,  whose officers use some magical algorithm to find their suspects.

Watch your mouth,  honkey*

*think about why said that

You do realize that my point was way over your head. Nowhere in the world was slavery not a business. It doesn't "matter more" either because of its location. Slavery wasnt "just a business" either, it is and has been a staple of both war and trade(and many cultural transformations)in every country ever since the beginning of the formation of society. And it doesnt just belong to BLACK PEOPLE. As far as when it was "made illegal", well surprise its still legal today in some countries, and barely veiled in many others. And the short amount of years it was phased out in other countries is belied by far in the amount of years it was practiced. In fact the people in the US had a far better time of it than many other slaves, and the toleration and assimilation of major cultural shit like that happened pretty fast here. So quit your bellyaching and get some real perspective. And honky yourself fool, my car does indeed have a horn.

Edited by Azure

1 hour ago, willow said:

I would have ventured to say it matters more in the US because it was only made illegal about 200 years ago and that black people have only had "true freedom" for less than 100.

About Sixty-one cents for "true freedom", but who's counting? :V

In comparison to a lot of European countries, Americans still have a lot to grow with a lot of it's social problems, especially when you still have a large number who've lived through a lot of the sick shit in the early 1900's passing it down to their kids. 

23 minutes ago, Azure said:

You do realize that my point was way over your head. 

"so the real trigger word for all these dainty little faux triggerd negroes should be AFRICA

or maybe an entire 8 generations of butthurt morons who have never been slaves should quit wasting everyones time with their snowflake bullshit"

Ya wish.

I always thought it was well established that universities were filled delusional, ignorant, hyper-liberal dipshits.

Only difference now is that they've somehow managed to find the right opportunity to form the violent, racist lynchmobs necessary to stomp out 'thought crimes' and successfully extort universities out of their money.

4 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

I always thought it was well established that universities were filled delusional, ignorant, hyper-liberal dipshits.

Only difference now is that they've somehow managed to find the right opportunity to form the violent, racist lynchmobs necessary to stomp out 'thought crimes' and successfully extort universities out of their money.

Depends. Christian campuses like Regent are filled with you Neo Con right wingers who will threaten to shoot you for being anything but a pure, white Christian who loves sucking jesus' holy cock...

Just now, Zeke said:

Depends. Christian campuses like Regent are filled with you no-Con right wingers who will threaten to shoot you for being anything but a pure, white Christian who loves sucking jesus' holy cock...

They also exist sure, but the vast majority of actual universities (even in traditionally conservative areas) are melting pots of retardation, "safe spaces" and TRIGGRZZ!11

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PastryOfApathy said:

They also exist sure, but the vast majority of actual universities (even in traditionally conservative areas) are melting pots of retardation, "safe spaces" and TRIGGRZZ!11

With the universities that I'm familiar with, you can easily just ignore those people, assuming you're not involved with any of the departments or groups that they frequent.