Rant: I don't care about Sonic

Sidewalk Surfboard

So, this chick in my 2nd period class is one of those Sonic fans. You know, the ones who obsess over Shadow the hedgehog and really bad fanfiction. I usually wouldn't mind this, but she keeps trying to talk to me about it. Over and over, every day, "Look at this fanfic!", "I love Silver the hedgehog!", "Read my fanfic!". It's super annoying, and it makes me feel bad about my obsessive love for the Rock Afire Explosion. I fear I'm as annoying as her.

*eyes narrow*  Sonic helps Genesis do what Nintendon't! D:

Also, you're wrong, being a huge fan of obsolete musical animatronics from Chuck-E-Cheese is not really as bad as being a huge fan of Sonic.  It's far, far, FAR more lame to be a fan of the dancing robots from a place known for having some of the worst pizza EVER.

Edited by AshleyAshes

They do, but they've also recruited a new generation of degenerate fucks to draw and write fanfic

See, this it the thing that's confused me.  There is a YOUNG Sonic fandom.  Like... Where in the heck did THEY come from?  I get those early 90's kids, Sonic was a pretty awesome game series for the Genesis and was a HUGE character back then.  But after the Dreamcast failed, well... Yeah.  Even Sonic Adventure had it's issues, the GameCube and PS2 ports were buggy.  The later PS2 games were nothing to write home about . Sonic '06?  Jesus Christ.  Sonic The Werehog???  Sonic Riders?  The terrible Sonic Boom games?  With the exception of Sonic Generations, Sonic Colors, and Sonic All Stars Racing, Sonic has been in the toilet since the Dreamcast.  Where on earth are the young fans coming from?

• Like 2

The new Sonic Boom TV show has its merits, the few times I've seen it I've had a chuckle or two

But yeah I gotta agree I've never much seen any merit in the series. I remember owning the first game, and only ever enjoying the very first zone because it was the only part of the game that seemed to serve the whole 'gotta go fast!' mentality of the series. Every other level forced you to slow down, or completely stop half the time.

See, this it the thing that's confused me.  There is a YOUNG Sonic fandom.  Like... Where in the heck did THEY come from?  I get those early 90's kids, Sonic was a pretty awesome game series for the Genesis and was a HUGE character back then.  But after the Dreamcast failed, well... Yeah.  Even Sonic Adventure had it's issues, the GameCube and PS2 ports were buggy.  The later PS2 games were nothing to write home about . Sonic '06?  Jesus Christ.  Sonic The Werehog???  Sonic Riders?  The terrible Sonic Boom games?  With the exception of Sonic Generations, Sonic Colors, and Sonic All Stars Racing, Sonic has been in the toilet since the Dreamcast.  Where on earth are the young fans coming from?

Young people are more forgiving, I'd say they probably do enjoy the Sonic Boom games, or at the very least the 3DS games, which I hear aren't near as terrible. Plus, the fairly decent TV series I mentioned above might help.

I'd kind of like to know that too, are they all coming from that shitty TV show that was on Saturdays? A few years back before they got rid of Saturday morning cartoons

The original sonic games were fantastic.

That...and sonic heroes. Espio was the best and that was my favorite PS2 game.

dont talk shit about Sonic Du Hodgehedge

Generations and Colors were pretty rad, bro. And Unleashed if you didn't play the Wii version and get the fuck over Werehog like you haven't seen dumber shit before. lol

Don't care what anyone says. Shadow the Hedgehog was the worst Sonic game (before Boom) not 06.

Excerpt from my fanfic. R&R and don't be mean plz"

Mario led Sonic under a giant mushroom, looking at him with lustful eyes. An acapella version of the Marble Zone them plays in the in the background. Mario removed his overalls and the rest of his clothing, taking off his hat to reveal his wistful hair.

Sonic wuz already nakey, so he just unsheathed his fleshy sword.

Then they had sex and it was like that scene in Team America.

"Gotta...go...fast" Sonic moaned as he finished inside Mario. Little did he know, he got Mario preggers...

To be continued...

Look! I even got someone to commission what their baby will look like

143813_v1.jpg

• Like 2

Excerpt from my fanfic. R&R and don't be mean plz"

Mario led Sonic under a giant mushroom, looking at him with lustful eyes. An acapella version of the Marble Zone them plays in the in the background. Mario removed his overalls and the rest of his clothing, taking off his hat to reveal his wistful hair.

Sonic wuz already nakey, so he just unsheathed his fleshy sword.

Then they had sex and it was like that scene in Team America.

"Gotta...go...fast" Sonic moaned as he finished inside Mario. Little did he know, he got Mario preggers...

To be continued...

Look! I even got someone to commission what their baby will look like

143813_v1.jpg

It hurts... Lol

SonicMario.png

• Like 1

From that anime they showed on television ad nauseam. What was it called? Sonic X?

So, this chick in my 2nd period class is one of those Sonic fans. You know, the ones who obsess over Shadow the hedgehog and really bad fanfiction. I usually wouldn't mind this, but she keeps trying to talk to me about it. Over and over, every day, "Look at this fanfic!", "I love Silver the hedgehog!", "Read my fanfic!". It's super annoying, and it makes me feel bad about my obsessive love for the Rock Afire Explosion. I fear I'm as annoying as her.

Sorry buddy, I hate to break it to you but lots of things in life will be super annoying so figure out how to deal with it.    However,  the Rock-afire Explosion post was awesome.  I'm more a Chuck-E-Cheese fan but I'll give you credit.  At the end of the day Showbiz was the Hyundai of the 80's,  a cheap knockoff.  As they are today.  

next time she bothers you take a seat next to her in the lecture hall, once she has written down a good deal of the class down take an ink cartridge and make a big blob in the middle of her sheet, take a red pen and write down "Originall Karacturr do not stel pls". Alternatively you can just make a big blobby thing by just writing with your bic pen, or make a tipp-ex blob, and if you feel like it you can even spit on it.

She should get your point ^^

I said that I had better games to play. Like Superfrog. Then, later, after I switched from Amiga platform to the PC, there were plenty of other, more interesting games than some platformer... things. Like C&C series or Star Craft.  And Pokemon suck balls as well. No story with mechanics dumb as hell, being repetetive to the bone. Sorry, but at that time I prefered Planescape:Torment. 

And Sonic and Pokemon were never a thing here.

Edited by Ayattar
  • Like 1