Let's list cheap ways to have fun!

AshleyAshes

Because having fun doesn't have to require spending a lot of money and maybe you or some of your friends can't afford as much as others.  Also cause it's fun to see what creative cheap ideas people come up with.  I'll go first:

Have your own movie night.  This is what I do every five weeks or so with friends.  I go all out, I don't just show a movie at my place, I queue up a few movie trailers, maybe an epic commercial, 'Feature Presentation' bumper and Dolby/DTS bumpers into a whole playlist.  This way when the lights dim, it's not just 'Netflix and chill' but it feels a lot more like the cinema experience. The only requirement to get into my movie nights is you have to bring a snack; 2L soda, bag of chips, family size bag of M&Ms, or something.  For easily no more than $5 per person you have a TONNE of snacks with variety, that cinema experience and you get to pick the movie.  Show an anime film, a recent blockbuster, nostalgic 80's film, a cult classic 'bad movie' what ever you want, it's your movie night so you can tailor your screening to the taste of you and your friends!   We live in an amazing era where chump change buys TVs that are larger than 'big screen TVs' in the 90's, so take advantage of it!

Edited by AshleyAshes
  • Like 3

Good free to play games. not the ones littered with microtransactions and pay-to win items. But rather ones that use cash shop as more of a thing for fashion or speeding things up but not providing things that you couldn't get normally. These types of games you can play for tons of hours and have tons of fun. 

Hearthstone is a good example where you can play for free if you are good in arena since you will be able to keep gaining gold to buy more packs and get more cards that way.I have spent more than likley over 1000 hours on hearthstone and i only payed 20 bucks to the game and it wasn't out of neccesity of p2w things but rather to show support to a game i like.

1 hour ago, AshleyAshes said:

Because having fun doesn't have to require spending a lot of money and maybe you or some of your friends can't afford as much as others.  Also cause it's fun to see what creative cheap ideas people come up with.  I'll go first:

Have your own movie night.  This is what I do every five weeks or so with friends.  I go all out, I don't just show a movie at my place, I queue up a few movie trailers, maybe an epic commercial, 'Feature Presentation' bumper and Dolby/DTS bumpers into a whole playlist.  This way when the lights dim, it's not just 'Netflix and chill' but it feels a lot more like the cinema experience. The only requirement to get into my movie nights is you have to bring a snack; 2L soda, bag of chips, family size bag of M&Ms, or something.  For easily no more than $5 per person you have a TONNE of snacks with variety, that cinema experience and you get to pick the movie.  Show an anime film, a recent blockbuster, nostalgic 80's film, a cult classic 'bad movie' what ever you want, it's your movie night so you can tailor your screening to the taste of you and your friends!   We live in an amazing era where chump change buys TVs that are larger than 'big screen TVs' in the 90's, so take advantage of it!

Is this is true why have I not been invited over for movie night? 

Masturbate furiously

Go window shopping the mall

Go to an arcade (Dave and Busters or something) and watch others play

Go for a walk exploring your area, especially places people don't travel, like hills, woods, swamps. Maybe you'll get lucky and find a dead body to poke with a stick

Collect random junk on the street and try to make stuff out of it. Art, toys, etc.

Build a fort out of sticks and tree parts in the woods. Use it to camp (pretend you're trying to survive a zombie apocalypse?), or buy cheap airsoft guns (like $10 a gun) and use it to play airsoft with your friends.

Get stuck in a never ending link of Wikipedia articles

Watch some videos on KhanAcademy to learn some new skills, or figure out something you never understood before

Read manga at your local library

Hang out with homeless people and listen to their stories. The crazy looking ones have the best ones. Just be polite and don't interrupt.

I can probably come up with more.... Did I mention masturbate?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ZorroValdez said:

Build a pillow fort. Nothing says "fuck you" to a roommate coming home than to find a pillow fort blocking the way to the bathroom.

"To gain entrance, you must first provide- the password!"

"It's password. You always use password..."

"INCORRECT! Try again!"

Should've gone with "Your person's name or password is wrong, try again."

On topic, if the weather's nice go for a walk around the local nature reserve and come home to current games I own or go on the 100% discount game shop online to get new games

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ZorroValdez said:

Build a pillow fort. Nothing says "fuck you" to a roommate coming home than to find a pillow fort blocking the way to the bathroom.

"To gain entrance, you must first provide- the password!"

"It's password. You always use password..."

"INCORRECT! Try again!"

I couldn't help but think of this.

tumblr_mg96g4P8fO1s2f9i9o1_500.jpg

• Like 6

If you live near the coast, go drive to a clifftop car park that overlooks the coast and watch the moon reflecting on the water. Requires: the moon, a car park high up enough to get the best view. I guess the driving is optional if you live in walking distance. Could also have a small picnic up there if it wasn't a cold night.

Does it have to be with friends? If alone, well, I have two bookshelves filled with books I'm constantly wanting to reread. Already bought em so cheap :D

With friends, I find that the best couch coop games are fairly old or older and can be found at a discount. EDF2025 is probably only like twenty bucks now. I've put 70 or so hours into the coop with my bro. Nonstop fun forever. Easily one of my favorite games now.

Getting a group of people together and all throwing ten bucks at a UFC fight is pretty cool. Total cost amounts to twenty bucks a head when you factor in food and booze.

I go for a lot of walks around town. It's fun trying to find roads you've never been down before. This requires not living in a shitty, scary place though >_>

Get one set of friends. Preferably the ones you like more.

Get another set of "friends" (putting this in quotes cuz you only really need viable subjects). Tell one person something terrible and possibly false about another person, rinse and repeat as often as necessary. Encourage conflict until tensions are at an all time high.

Place bets on who will last the longest.

Best served with sociopaths.

Edited by evan

57 minutes ago, 6tails said:

$10 folding shovel, backpack, $10 rock hammer, $5 short thick chisel, $5 gold pan, a decent source of water, go gem and gold hunting. $30 for months and months of entertainment if you know where to look, plus it can make you very good money.

I'm sitting on a couple thousand bucks of tourmaline and I'm going to get more next weekend!

EDIT: Scratch that! I just got permission from the owner of Oro del Diablo claim/mine to go do whatever the fuck I please on the claim. Fox is going to be digging holes for zircons and gold instead!

Make a spinning necklace. 

27 minutes ago, willow said:

are we talking a 2-Liter bottle? Because those are about $2-4 depending on the brand and that's pretty cheap :/

For soda even the 12 packs are like really cheap as well. Either way alcohol is pretty much always overpriced and how places that sell it make money. Alcohol and cheap aren't really two things that go together. Even at it's cheapest there are other drinks that are much cheaper.

Also i'm not sure what would give more drinks for more poeple, a 2 liter bottle or a 6-pack. I feel like the 2 liter gives more or at least to more people.

Edited by AlastairSnowpaw

1 minute ago, AlastairSnowpaw said:

For soda even the 12 packs are like really cheap as well. Either way alcohol is pretty much always overpriced and how places that sell it make money. Alcohol and cheap aren't really two things that go together. Even at it's cheapest there are other drinks that are much cheaper.

Also i'm not sure what would give more drinks for more poeple, a 2 liter bottle or a 6-pack. I feel like the 2 liter gives more or at least to more people.

maybe it's just where I live because I've found bottles of vodka for ~$5-8. and that's pretty cheap compared to how much bottles can be

a 2 liter gives less to more people but a 6 pack gives slightly more to less people. or something along those lines 

Just now, willow said:

maybe it's just where I live because I've found bottles of vodka for ~$5-8. and that's pretty cheap compared to how much bottles can be

a 2 liter gives less to more people but a 6 pack gives slightly more to less people. or something along those lines 

Yea that' still a lot for a drink. Are bottles of vodka even 2 Liters? You can get like 3 2-liters bottles of sodas of most any kind for the same price range.

4 minutes ago, AlastairSnowpaw said:

Yea that' still a lot for a drink. Are bottles of vodka even 2 Liters? You can get like 3 2-liters bottles of sodas of most any kind for the same price range.

I'm not sure but then again you don't use a lot of vodka per drink so I think it all evens out.

to be fair though I don't normally buy my own alcohol anyways. I just mooch off of everyone else :P 

1 minute ago, willow said:

I'm not sure but then again you don't use a lot of vodka per drink so I think it all evens out.

to be fair though I don't normally buy my own alcohol anyways. I just mooch off of everyone else :P 

The best alcohol is free alcohol.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rassah said:

Learn how to make your own alcohol. It's actually fairly easy and cheap. Dad used to brew wine from various fruits in a plain glass jar on top of the fridge. And if prison inmates can do it in the toilet, how much cheaper can you get?

Sounds like its moonshine -- which is terrible for your liver.

Edited by Terminal7
"it's" isn't a word

8 hours ago, Terminal7 said:

Sounds like its moonshine -- which is terrible for your liver.

Nah, it's wine. It's just a glass jar where the wine brews, a vinyl hose coming out of the top and into a glass of water, to vent gasses without letting any air back in, and that's it. No distilling like with moonshine.

@Brass Baking bread is fun, but breaking bad is fun AND gets you money to afford more expensive fun.