Random pieces of philosophy

Cross

Post whatever you think about this bigass universe we live in.

I think the easiest way to be happy is to always do whatever you want. Fuck what other people thinks, fuck prejudices, fuck fears, if it feels right then fucking do it.

Also, you regret more the stuff you didn't do than the stuff you actually did.

I have a '''''philosophic''''' quote of sorts I farted right outta my brain. It's about pride: ''Keep your head tall but remember to also keep an eye on where you walk lest you step on dog shit''. Came up with that while walking down the street. You know how it is, some random bloke walks by you and looks at you and you have to stare back at him because if you don't make eye contact or if you look away you're a pusi. It would have been hilarious had he stepped on a pile of dog shit as intent as he was at looking at me, and that's when the idea sprang into my mind

Amiir. 10/10 philosopher. Socrates ain't got shit on me

1 hour ago, willow said:

"if your ball is too big for your mouth, it's not yours" -- Dog of Wisdom

At the risk of being laughed at by all my online friends on the internet (!!!), there's two simple quotes that help me through my day:

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."

"Pain is only weakness leaving the body."

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

The world would be better off without the meddling of mankind.  

Ouch! Be careful with that edge man, you just cut me!

6 hours ago, 6tails said:

You're all inherently gay. Go eat a taco or sausage.

Of course we are. We are furries, so...

We could do a lot more with the universe around us if we were more open-minded as a society, rather than teaching and constantly reaffirming closed-mindedness. Change in general is frowned upon, anything out of the ordinary is "too scary" or "against the rules". I strive to surround myself with people who like to explore the unknown and are open-minded as I try to be, but it does prove to be difficult.

Also, philosophy is fun. I often think about such things and how our perception could be so wrong because we only know or accept what is within our small scope of knowing.

• Like 1

"How are mirrors real if our eyes aren't real?" -Jaden Smith

How can the perception of ourselves be true if we purposely live a lie and are manipulated by the things around us? We've allowed our environment to be our eyes and have ignored what is really our own. It is impossible to have a clear, full understanding of ourselves when our lens were made for someone else.

4 hours ago, Terminal7 said:

"How are mirrors real if our eyes aren't real?" -Jaden Smith

How can the perception of ourselves be true if we purposely live a lie and are manipulated by the things around us? We've allowed our environment to be our eyes and have ignored what is really our own. It is impossible to have a clear, full understanding of ourselves when our lens were made for someone else.

Cyborgs seem to do alright and they usually use eyes different from their own ;3

16133-cyborg-skull-1920x1200-digital-art

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Endless/Nameless said:

"And even these apples look fake–but at least they've got stars on them" -@Mr. Fox, apparently. 

I love that simple line... I love the whole movie, for that matter. 

And the moral of the story: don't be picky about what you have, enjoy it for everything it's worth. Because one day, it may be gone.

~Mr. Fox.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

Life to you is bitcoin

Exactly. I'm having a ton of fun, jetsetting, meeting interesting people, going to private fancy parties, screwing with governments... All thanks to bitcoin. As I said, chase your dreams and have fun doing it.

Diplomacy could have been our greatest weapon ... but you cannot erase generations of institutionalised hatred.

Abridged quote from one of the mission briefings in the game Urban Assault. In context, it was lamenting the fact that even in the face of alien invasion and impending extinction, old wounds prevented humankind from forming a unified military resistance. Could be applied to a lot of modern problems though; people divide into groups and refuse to hold dialogues because "fuck those guys, someone associated with them 20 years ago was an asshole".

• 3 months later...

"This, too, shall pass."

Whatever I'm currently worrying about will be probably done and over with given a few days'/weeks'/months'/whatevers' time. Kind of obvious, but it is reassuring when I actually let it sink in.

• Like 1