Things that you hate! v2

Sar

I've been really trying to lose weight for the last 2 weeks. Really, really making a big effort. Exercising, walking every day, and keeping my calorie intake under 1000. But I'm not seeing any god damn difference >.<

I've noticed I don't tend to lose weight if I go below 1500 calories a day, and that's during sedentary periods. I've also been recommended by dieticians and doctors to not go below 1300, because apparently the body doesn't like that at all. 

I've noticed I don't tend to lose weight if I go below 1500 calories a day, and that's during sedentary periods. I've also been recommended by dieticians and doctors to not go below 1300, because apparently the body doesn't like that at all. 

I don't know what to do then, because my BMR is somewhere around 1400 and dipping just below that would be too slow for me. And too pointless. If I was eating 1300 a day, I'd feel like I wasn't making any progress. It's the thought that I've eaten 600-800 in a day that makes me push to do it again the next day because I CAN do this.

I've been really trying to lose weight for the last 2 weeks. Really, really making a big effort. Exercising, walking every day, and keeping my calorie intake under 1000. But I'm not seeing any god damn difference >.<

How are you measuring calories and how are you measuring weight? If you make a change in diet or activity pattern your weight may fluctuate due to changes in fluid intake and retention. Even if a downward trend is present, you might not see it until it overcomes those changes plus the ordinary shifts throughout a given day.

I don't know what to do then, because my BMR is somewhere around 1400 and dipping just below that would be too slow for me. And too pointless. If I was eating 1300 a day, I'd feel like I wasn't making any progress. It's the thought that I've eaten 600-800 in a day that makes me push to do it again the next day because I CAN do this.

I understand. I'm there myself. My weightloss swings between "losing way too much way too quickly" and "not losing any weight at all" It's a real pain, and sometimes you hit those plateaus. They're bothersome to climb across, but you can do it. For the time being, just try to focus on making yourself feel better. Upping the energy you have, making sure you're not fatigued or starving. If you still don't lose weight in another two weeks, then you might have to ask a doctor for advice? Or a dietician.

How are you measuring calories and how are you measuring weight? If you make a change in diet or activity pattern your weight may fluctuate due to changes in fluid intake and retention. Even if a downward trend is present, you might not see it until it overcomes those changes plus the ordinary shifts throughout a given day.

I measure calories by roughly keeping a running total in my head of all the calories that are on the food boxes I get, and tea is 20, and the diner I made myself today is... Oh, fuck knows... I hate making food because I can't know exactly how calorific it is, just a wild guess. I mean, how much calories were in that dash of sugar I put on my noodles? And that mayonnaise I had with it all? At least it's better than someone else making me food, I have more control this way.

I just prefer to eat ready-made because I know exactly how much is in it. Come to think of it, I have a good few ready meals in the freezer.

The people upstairs from us loudly fight a handful of times every month. Stomping, yelling, slamming doors, etc.
Either stop fucking seeing each other like reasonable adults, or keep your shit to yourselves.
At least when I'm in an argument with my boyfriend, I have enough courtesy for the people around me to keep volume levels low, and not to make it the rest of the building's goddamned problem, too.

• Like 1

I hate this weird trend on FA where people will say they're ~*~Engaged~*~ to someone they've only been dating for like, 3 months. That's borderline crazy. Do you even know this person in real life?

What's so bad about being open about a relationship? It doesn't have to be some dangerous secret. Besides, it shows commitment, a desire to get closer. Not necessarily a bad thing to love someone, you know.

I hate this weird trend on FA where people will say they're ~*~Engaged~*~ to someone they've only been dating for like, 3 months. That's borderline crazy. Do you even know this person in real life?

People handle relationships differently. Some live fast and prefer to take a leap of faith, others will spend two decades together without ever progressing past the first "stage". As long as both parties are happy with it, there's nothing wrong with it.

w/e not like getting divorced is a big deal anymore

People handle relationships differently. Some live fast and prefer to take a leap of faith, others will spend two decades together without ever progressing past the first "stage". As long as both parties are happy with it, there's nothing wrong with it.

I would agree with that if I hadn't seen first hand how many relationships collapse because people move way too quickly, get 'too intimate' and then find out they're not compatible. I've given up with helping my friends with this shit, because I've reached the point where all I can say is "Well, what the fuck did you expect?"

I have no issues with people going straight to a fully intimate relationship or whatever... But going that serious within a few months? No. It generally takes much longer than that to truly know someone well enough to know if you want to be with them for the rest of your life (which is kinda what marriage is SUPPOSED to mean)

Edited by ChaosCalix

I would agree with that if I hadn't seen first hand how many relationships collapse because people move way too quickly, get 'too intimate' and then find out they're not compatible. I've given up with helping my friends with this shit, because I've reached the point where all I can say is "Well, what the fuck did you expect?"

I have no issues with people going straight to a fully intimate relationship or whatever... But going that serious within a few months? No. It generally takes much longer than that to truly know someone well enough to know if you want to be with them for the rest of your life (which is kinda what marriage is SUPPOSED to mean)

Well, the way I see it, if it's going to fall apart, it'll fall apart regardless of how quickly they move. But my thoughts on relationships are a bit eccentric anyway.

Edited by Kaedal

People who think modern tech is completely terrible annoy the hell out of me. The completely computer illiterate people who complain if their PC/phone/tablet/etc does ONE minor operation incorrectly. Our technology is only as perfect as the people who make them which is to say not at all. They don't even fuck up as often as they make it seem. Oh man, a computer doing hundreds of different processes at once might occasionally mess up. Better curse all tech and the sheeple who use it since I don't know how to use any of it myself. Restart the device and get over it. If it's actually constantly fucking up, you bought something terrible and need to find a replacement.

Also people who say "You have a smart phone? YOU DON'T NEED ALL OF THAT". No. I don't. Is this news? And is it any of your fucking business what I do with my money? I don't need it. I WANT it. And I had the spare money to BUY it. Is that anyone's concern but my own? :l

• Like 4

So if the TPP passes, it will become illegal to modify your electronic devices. What the fuck? If I paid for the device, it is mine and I should be allowed to do what I want with it. Never mind the fact that the warranty would already be voided by such modifications, both in hardware and software.

So if the TPP passes, it will become illegal to modify your electronic devices. What the fuck? If I paid for the device, it is mine and I should be allowed to do what I want with it. Never mind the fact that the warranty would already be voided by such modifications, both in hardware and software.

The TPP in general. I don't know what to say about it, honestly. I'm just fucking done with this shit if it passes. Anyone up for a riot?

I just don't understand drunk driving. I know they don't want to kill people or ruin lives, but why the hell do they do it? Is not driving that much of an inconvenience? Is it because they're depressed and don't care if they die and just don't think of the possibility of killing other people?

Edited by Phausk

To quote Futurama:

Professor: Oh God, I clicked without reading!
Cubert: And I slightly modified a thing that I own.
Both: We're monsters!

I just don't understand drunk driving. I know they don't want to kill people or ruin lives, but why the hell do they do it? Is not driving that much of an inconvenience? Is it because they're depressed and don't care if they die and just don't think of the possibility of killing other people?

A lot of alcoholics think they're invincible or simply lack the inhibition to realize something is a bad idea.

Me, myself, and I. 

Just based on your posts on this newer forum, I strongly urge you to seek out a mental health counselor. They would be able to actually take the time to understand how you feel and what you wish to change, and hopefully an actual counselor would then be able to help you better get what you want out of life. Random strangers on a forum are unlikely to offer much significant support; it's not that (most of them) don't care, but that they are really in no position to address anything beyond the surface.

Okay so I'm trying to stimulate an intelligent discussion as my coworkers are on the topic of religion.

I'm asking them why they choose to believe what they do, and why they make the choice to believe in their specific religion. You know, to just stimulate intelligent discussion.

Why they choose something that is held to them to be nearly life and death. I expected some good answers, maybe some philosophical debate maybe atleast get them to examine their choices to gain a better understanding of various things.

The repeat answer I got is because they believe it, and when I said the point of the exercise is to think of why they believe it, the answer I got is "I don't think".

I couldn't have said it better myself.

• Like 2