Things that you hate! v2

Sar

3 hours ago, Red Lion said:

I feel the need to wash all of my bedding...

Wait, furries wash their bedding? :V

Fossa does not know how he's gonna wash his Fossa branch, unless it rains.

Me, I hate doing laundry. I like having fresh socks and stuff, but even though it's just a few floors down, and not all that arduous, it drains me like a vampire.

20 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Christ, that sounds like me a few years ago. 

Don't become the thing you hate, you'll regret it...

Yeah, I know what you mean.

Sometimes, coming here is hard, because the degree of negativity can be so much greater...I 'hate' the way the things you love thread gets so much less action than the 'things' you hate one.

What site has that motto, 'The Furry Creativity Site'? I think it was SoFurry. I'm starting to think this could be: Pheonixed Forums: "The Furry Negativity Site."

I have met some friendly, funloving furs here, but, geez, Louise, the acrimony. It can be hard to avoid getting sucked in by it all, so I've been trying just to ignore it, best I can, and be nice, and try and make others happy, when I can.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fossa-Boy said:

Yeah, I know what you mean.

Sometimes, coming here is hard, because the degree of negativity can be so much greater...I 'hate' the way the things you love thread gets so much less action than the 'things' you hate one.

What site has that motto, 'The Furry Creativity Site'? I think it was SoFurry. I'm starting to think this could be: Pheonixed Forums: "The Furry Negativity Site."

I have met some friendly, funloving furs here, but, geez, Louise, the acrimony. It can be hard to avoid getting sucked in by it all, so I've been trying just to ignore it, best I can, and be nice, and try and make others happy, when I can.

I'm not just referring to the fandom but life in general. It's just sad to see that the furry fandom out off all of them has a way of tainting some, given its initial carefree and accepting nature. In regards to the online community, it's difficult to say that with a straight face anymore... I need to attend more cons, such good vibes...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fossa-Boy said:

Wait, furries wash their bedding? :V

Fossa does not know how he's gonna wash his Fossa branch, unless it rains.

Me, I hate doing laundry. I like having fresh socks and stuff, but even though it's just a few floors down, and not all that arduous, it drains me like a vampire.

I went to a mini-fur con on the weekend. 

Ugh people please bathe!

Some of these people looked literally unclean.

Also please also clean your fur. At the very least drag a brush though it. Their fur was dirty and matted it was really gross. 

When you see fur that was white and is now grey from dirt build up it's like eww.

The majority of people were fine but a few people needed to clean up their act. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DrGravitas said:

Coworkers who decide to clip their nails at work >:(

*hides his Fossa-Claw-clipper*

(I am guilty of this! I also tend to bite my nails, and they get sharp edges, so sometimes, I also file them, so I don;t cut myself, if I have an itch, and scratch it...used to do this in my sleep a lot, and wake up with long, red claw-marks, that I had no idea I'd done.)

8 hours ago, Hux said:

I wish this site was more active. I yearn for a constant stream of furfaggotry.

Same here. I've noted a near total lack of active new members. There's been a few that joined and post pretty regularly, but hardly any, all in all, and the attrition rate seems higher than the joining rate...that's from my observations first as a lurker, and then, when I finally decided to start posting. Odd I was gonna make a separate thread about this, mulling over why this is, will have to do this soon.

17 hours ago, Fossa-Boy said:

Same here. I've noted a near total lack of active new members. There's been a few that joined and post pretty regularly, but hardly any, all in all, and the attrition rate seems higher than the joining rate...that's from my observations first as a lurker, and then, when I finally decided to start posting. Odd I was gonna make a separate thread about this, mulling over why this is, will have to do this soon.

I think it'd be a great idea to start a thread on the subject so we could all discuss how to draw in new members, why we can't keep new people and how to rectify that if we must.

I imagine the site's culture could intimidate more faint hearted newcomers.

• Like 1

I just started SSRIs and let me tell you life is suffering

I've been too nauseas constantly to eat anything at all and I can feel my stomach devouring itself from the inside

also I somehow can't sleep even tho I'm constantly tired to the point of passing out and my body feels hella weak

someone come shake this poison out of me pls

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hux said:

That's been the case since the oldFAF days though, and kind of the appeal. It's like a filter to keep the community small, but somewhat tolerable (compared to relatively more easygoing spaces).

OT: Waking up over the same shit, for several days in a row.
No, it's fine. I didn't need to sleep more than 3 hours anyway. It's fine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hux said:

I think it'd be a great idea to start a thread on the subject so we could all discuss how to draw in new members, why we can't keep new people and how to rectify that if we must.

It also drives off some old members. I don't think I have seen Kaept'n or Derin for a long time.
I think the biggest problem is that some users think that deterring new people from joining is a good thing. 
I remember one new user  (paroapockinroo) registering here and then finding out that a resident member had already made a discussion about how pathetic they were. :\

Paroapockinroo took it very well, but they didn't stick around for more than a week.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Vae said:

That's been the case since the oldFAF days though, and kind of the appeal. It's like a filter to keep the community small, but somewhat tolerable (compared to relatively more easygoing spaces).

I can definitely see the appeal. I'd rather have a smaller community with better content than a larger one that becomes a sort of murry purry hug box. On the other hand, I'd hate to see the site wane and turn into a clannish circle jerk as established members leave the site over time.

I just wish we could get some more quality members, but I guess Phoenix'd is a bit of an outlier in the furry community seeing as how our members tend to be older and more mature than most furries.

/end_gripe

Also, I think the time of year is going to affect member influx as well.

It's October. People have been heading back to school since August and September. People are busy. They're going to have less time, relatively, to be looking for and joining random furry sites than they would be in... say... the summer months we just left.

Things like this ebb and flow.

2 hours ago, Another Ampers& said:

I just started SSRIs and let me tell you life is suffering

I've been too nauseas constantly to eat anything at all and I can feel my stomach devouring itself from the inside

also I somehow can't sleep even tho I'm constantly tired to the point of passing out and my body feels hella weak

someone come shake this poison out of me pls

BE STRONK

The initial side effects will pass in a week or so, they'll really start doing their job in about a month. Try eating soups n toast (or anything light really) to keep your strength up.

29 minutes ago, Socketosis said:

Maybe. You'll probably still feel tired all of the time and they might do something for you depending on how lucky you are.

Then call me a lucky duck, I suppose. I'm getting ready to come off them, so we'll see how 'well-adjusted' they've made me. Ooh boy how exciting.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sourdough said:

Then call me a lucky duck, I suppose. I'm getting ready to come off them, so we'll see how 'well-adjusted' they've made me. Ooh boy how exciting.

Yeah I've heard them work wonders for some people. For me, I guess they make me a little calmer, but only to a small degree.

2 hours ago, Saxon said:

I remember one new user  (paroapockinroo) registering here and then finding out that a resident member had already made a discussion about how pathetic they were. :\

Paroapockinroo took it very well, but they didn't stick around for more than a week.

That's absolutely deplorable. Unless "Paroapockinroo" had some prior history that member knew about, I fail to see how the slander was justified. I mean, I can be fairly abrasive at times but I'd never resort to that, that's low.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

That's absolutely deplorable. Unless "Paroapockinroo" had some prior history that member knew about, I fail to see how the slander was justified. I mean, I can be fairly abrasive at times but I'd never resort to that, that's low.

I failed to find that member. @Saxon could you link us to this fiasco?

3 hours ago, Sourdough said:

BE STRONK

The initial side effects will pass in a week or so, they'll really start doing their job in about a month. Try eating soups n toast (or anything light really) to keep your strength up.

I honestly don't know if I can make it that long, I collapsed this morning in the bathroom and was too weak to get up so I was sort of laying limply on the bathmat until I finally could

I'm going to wait until it gets so bad I self harm tho, if I quit before then I'll downplay how bad it was in my head

6 minutes ago, Another Ampers& said:

I honestly don't know if I can make it that long, I collapsed this morning in the bathroom and was too weak to get up so I was sort of laying limply on the bathmat until I finally could

I'm going to wait until it gets so bad I self harm tho, if I quit before then I'll downplay how bad it was in my head

What's the SSRI and starting dose?

2 hours ago, Hux said:

I failed to find that member. @Saxon could you link us to this fiasco?

https://www.furaffinity.net/user/paroapockinroo/

I don't think their fur affinity account is the same as their forum account username, but the avatar might jog people's memory?

Essentially some users on Phoenix were talking about why our community is better than the old fur affinity forums. Someone specifically posted paroapockinroo as an example of somebody they were glad we didn't have here.

Paroapockinroo happened to register a couple of days later and was a nice enough person. They didn't react when they found the discussion other users had been having about them. They lost interest in the forums though and left some time later.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Another Ampers& said:

Citalopram, 10 mg

Although that's definitely not a high dose, everyone responds differently. If you're only just starting it, and don't want to fully abandon Citalopram, consider contacting your doctor and halving the dose to 5 mg.

2 minutes ago, Onnes said:

Although that's definitely not a high dose, everyone responds differently. If you're only just starting it, and don't want to fully abandon Citalopram, consider contacting your doctor and halving the dose to 5 mg.

my doctor isn't going to be in his office again until mid november :'D

11 minutes ago, Vae said:

Oh boy, I sure do love it when my bra starts letting the underwire poke through when I've only had it for like 5 months.

I have no idea what this situation is like, but that's never stopped me from making suggestions before! Maybe you could use a soldering iron to at least smooth it out or maybe make it less of a point? (Or, you know, catch the whole thing on fire in the process.)

8 hours ago, Saxon said:

I think a lot of other furries dislike us because they perceive us as people who think we're better than everybody else.

We're not going to get many new members until we relax that notion.

Eh, there's a reason why other furry forums aren't that appealing to most of the people here. Different breed of furries.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Socketosis said:

Eh, there's a reason why other furry forums aren't that appealing to most of the people here. Different breed of furries.

Most forums I've been on have been pretty similar actually. This is the only one with an 18+ section though and it is more active.

5 minutes ago, Socketosis said:

Fuck what they think anyway. No one's gonna shoo you away from this place unless you're acting like a jackass. And in the rare case we actually do have members being smug pricks to newbies, they get spanked by other people. I swear those instances are just...conveniently forgotten. lol

But I barely see any talk of "oh we're way better than SoFurry" or whoever. That used to be super common back in the FAF days.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Saxon said:

Most forums I've been on have been pretty similar actually. This is the only one with an 18+ section though and it is more active.

That reminds how much I miss Furry 2 Furry, even though there were some real jerks there, I also met some amazing friends, and it had the best 18 and over section. In fact, the whole forum was 18 and older to join, but with a specific section for NSFW threads. Seems like ages ago.

56 minutes ago, DrGravitas said:

I have no idea what this situation is like, but that's never stopped me from making suggestions before! Maybe you could use a soldering iron to at least smooth it out or maybe make it less of a point? (Or, you know, catch the whole thing on fire in the process.)

I don't have a soldering iron. Lol.
But I just sewed the opening shut that the wire was coming through.
Hopefully that works for now.

54 minutes ago, Sourdough said:

One step closer to being the Ludwig you were born to be~

Damn straight.

• Like 1