Things that you hate! v2

Sar

13 hours ago, Lopaw said:

How upon getting the new  moderately hard assignment many of the people in the class were able to breeze through all the questions on angular motion in the time it took me to finish checking and calculting the answer to just one question.

I was low on caffeine though. 

I have a same problem and I like to think about that fast people are like computers; They're fast in calculation but may have flaws in their thought process whereas real humans are slow to calculate but their thought is more accurate and makes better sense

Just because someone is fast at finishing an assignment does not only mean they may not be getting A+ grade but that they may be (also) lacking accuracy, or be slow,  in some other assignments

Take it easy and go slow and steady if it suits you :)

So, I want to try Zombie paintball this year. It's a haunted attraction where you shoot live monsters (actors) with a paintball gun. Most are shooting gallery type, but some are hayride type.

The nearest haunt with paintball, though, you have to pay for the full, VIP deluxe package JUST to do the paintball, because the people who run the haunt are greedy assholes. Here's the price list:

SINGLE ATTRACTION - Choose ONE: The Asylum, The Barn, MindShaft : $18.00  Hayride of the Lost : $19.00
THE BIG FOUR - 4 ATTRACTIONS : The Asylum, The Barn, MindShaft & Hayride of the Lost : $44.00 ($34.00 on Sundays)
THE BIG FOUR PLUS - 6 ATTRACTIONS : Includes The Big Four, as well as Splattertown & Alien Caged Clowns : $54.00 ($44.00 Sundays)

So literally I have to buy the entire package for around $50 JUST to get the paintball event (splattertown). And I could care less about the rest of it because haunted houses bore me... I know they're actors so I'm rarely scared much. Unless they change this I guess they're not getting my money! =D

20 hours ago, Vae said:

Things that I hate: Expression sheets that list "happy / sad / angry" as generic filler.
There is a world of difference between... say... being happy that you won the lottery, versus being happy because you're simply contented, versus being happy because you're accomplished, and so on.
Emotions and expressions are situational.
So this bothers the piss out of me, because I'm always like "Happy because of what? There's like 50 different ways I could draw this!"

If you're talking about ref sheets I assume that the more expression faces you put on a ref sheet the more it will cost. And furries are poor ass people.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crazy Lee said:

If you're talking about ref sheets I assume that the more expression faces you put on a ref sheet the more it will cost. And furries are poor ass people.

No, it's like one of those art memes that you fill in.

People who can't accept any criticism of their favorite things without taking it as a personal attack against either themselves, or the creator of said thing.

You do not have to unconditionally love or hate something. The stuff you like can have shitty aspects, and the stuff you hate can have good aspects.
Criticizing the aspects of something does not mean you are pissing in the mouth of its creator.

Get up, leave your computer, take a walk, and sit back down when you've learned not to take your emotional baggage out on other members of a discussion.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Alexxx-Returns said:

I had my first experience of being choked during sleep paralysis last night. It didn't last long but it felt so REAL. When I put my own hands up to my throat to get the attacker off, I could feel their hands there. As soon as I properly woke up it all vanished in an instant.

Wow that's unnerving. I hope your sleeps are more restful from now on. 

Overly pessimistic people. It sucks getting happy and excited about something cool only to have perpetually miserable people shit all over your hopes and dreams.

What's worse is that our culture ironically views being an angry, miserable edgelord as a sign of intelligence.

Why does everyone always have to shit on Hux? Is it because he talks about himself from a third person perspective? 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, LadyRadarEars said:

Trying to make a mod but I ended up misplacing an end bracket for the culture and event coding so now I have to doublecheck absolutely everything and count the brackets aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

What sort of text editor are you using? You might try something like Notepad++, which supports all sorts of code format syntax highlight. You can place the cursor next to a bracket and it will color/highlight the corresponding end-bracket, so you can see whic is missing its end. Much easier and quicker than counting them out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrGravitas said:

What sort of text editor are you using? You might try something like Notepad++, which supports all sorts of code format syntax highlight. You can place the cursor next to a bracket and it will color/highlight the corresponding end-bracket, so you can see whic is missing its end. Much easier and quicker than counting them out.

huh. I have notepad++ installed. I should probably use it more.

• Like 1

Well it turns out that I found out about a zombie paintball arena an hour north of here... near Flint. I'll be near there Friday.

Now, this is an actual Call of Duty style thing, where you run around a fake building and shoot monsters (actors) with paintballs.... sweet heyzeus that sounds fun! And it's only $10 or so per person!

1 hour ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

this depresses me

Your private info is there... I'd take care of it...

• Like 1

So, one of the main things I do for my company is local deliveries, and the items are often left outdoors in the elements. Thus, if it's going to rain in the next day or so I have to know about the weather.

So, I'm checking the weather on one of the company's computers. And for the umpteeth time, one of our supervisors, that asshole graying-goateed-former-truck-driver-old-babyboomer-white-uneducated-blue-collar-male, the same guy who said I threatened a coworker when I called him a name during an argument, said "maybe I should mess with your stuff as well, since you mess with stuff that's not yours." (referring to the computer).

First off, touch my shit and I'll cut you mother fucking hands off you graying fuck. We'll do it middle eastern style bitch. Second, stop acting like me using company computers is "touching stuff that's not mine." It's the company's computers, not yours, not mine, but as an employee I have a right to DO MY JOB and check the weather to properly protect bundles from the elements.

If I do not protect them from possible rain, the deliveries will get wet, and then who will get blamed? ME. So I'm not allowed to check the weather, and I'm blamed if shit gets wet, and now you know why I hate this stupid ass job. Because stupid ass poor blue collar non-college-educated retards work it, and they're fucking retarded. And I called him out on his shit. Told him off. Don't care anymore. Fuck these people.

If i can't check for rain and rain damages a delivery, then if they blame me and deduct from my pay I'm going to go the official route and fill out complaint contest paperwork for every complaint until there's a stack of them on their desks and see if they like my passive aggressive shit. Actually fuck the passive, I'll just be actively aggressive. Fun shit.

FML

14 minutes ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

my name?

It's not a secret lol

My YouTube that I link to a lot uses it so

You obviously don't know how the internet works. Do you know how easy it is to dox people?

• Like 1

One of the stray cats out back that I've been feeding. I don't hate him specifically, though, just what's happening to him.

He's always been really shy and skittish so it was hard to get a good look at him. Well, a couple weeks ago I noticed he had this huge lump around his neck (and I mean huge, it was noticeable from the far end of the back yard 50 feet away)... Tried to catch him and check it out but he fucked me up good and disappeared for a few days. He's been coming around again lately and now the lump has been ripped open from him scratching it, and there's a huge mass of bare scarring and bloodstained (I presume) fur all over his neck and chest.

He's still pretty active and has a decent appetite, at least.

This is so frustrating me.

A con is 1.5 weeks away. Been trying to get a white suit of some kind for a cosplay. Cheapest online that's not a cheap-ass costume type made of shitty material is $65-70. I don't exactly want to pay that amount as I also need a long wig, and accessories, most of which I've found. And I need money for the con. Oh, there are actually cheaper options, they're just shipped from China and take a month to get over.

"But, why did you wait until right before the con?" You ask.
I didn't. I have spent the last two weeks looking at over 20 different thrift shops in the area for said white suit and pants. Nothing. I even checked women's clothing, and all I found were old ladies blazers that are too small for me anyway (and have giant gaudy buttons). Well, except for that one jacket that was stained and tattered. I should expect that thrift shops don't usually have everything I'm looking for because they're stocked only with what is donated and a lot of that is clothing from dead grandparents.

This is the first time in a while I will be able to go to this con all three days because I will have all three days off from work, and I wanted it to be special. So, do I just break down, buy the suit online on credit? Do I just say screw it? I still need to figure out the wig as well. Take into account shipping time.

Things like this never seem to work the way I want to and always fail in the end.

1 minute ago, Vae said:

Why don't they sell plush bones?

I don't mean like
dog-style bones.
I mean correct-looking bone parts.

I just want a detailed plush spinal cord, damnit.

this just gave me the mental image of a fully dissectable anatomically correct plush... open it up and it's full of plush organs and bones. good fucking luck getting them back in there in the correct order though.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Victor-933 said:

this just gave me the mental image of a fully dissectable anatomically correct plush... open it up and it's full of plush organs and bones. good fucking luck getting them back in there in the correct order though.

That would be a great educational toy.

• Like 3

Okay I think I'm just going to go with this one white suit jacket. It's a bit more than I'd want to spend on a suit jacket. But if I don't like it I can send it back. Plus the seller communicated and answered my questions well enough.

They talked in very broken English and the email address was in Chinese though. Amazon promises 2-3 day shipping.... but why are there so many Chinese sellers on Amazon dammit. I don't even know I can trust it will arrive in a timely manner or it will be good condition. Go back to alibaba dammit. :(

Absolutely fucking great.

I just got a traffic ticket for not stopping properly at a stop sign. Apparently, stopping for a split second isn't good enough. I thought the rule was that as long as you stop completely it's good, but maybe I didn't stop completely. In any case, it was at a railroad crossing that is barely used and the trains only do 5mph IF the rails are used. I know this because I've gone over that crossing a million times and know the train schedules and how they work from watching them.

I can't believe the millions of stop signs I've slowly rolled through while doing deliveries for work, for the past 5-6 years, and only now I get a ticket for a place I thought I stopped well enough.

And it wasn't that the police officer was parked and waiting for a call. No. He was HIDDEN in an access driveway behind trees, with his lights completely off. He was LOOKING to ticket people, like the damn fucking predator he is. And since it's the end of the month I know that fucker was trying to fill ticket quotas. Why the fuck do they even have those fucking ticket quotas? Why the fuck do police officers write so many more tickets and do radar checks and wait to ticket people at the end of the month?? Why? Because some fascist says "Well, we need to write X amount of tickets by the end of the month." That shit NEEDS to be unconstitutional. Maybe we can get daddy trump to make it illegal. And fuck that fascist cop. I don't need this shit while I'm trying to get ready for a con. I'll just put this ticket off by fighting it. But I'm going to loose. His power-hungry ass is going to be there at the court when I fight it.