Let Us Like Our Own Posts

PastryOfApathy

59 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

I feel as though the ability to like our own posts is an ESSENTIAL part of the online discourse experience that this site has gone without for too long.

In a world of upboats, only the strong survive and this is how we do it.

I love you Pastry.

16 minutes ago, Another Ampers& said:

I motion to make it so that everything you post is automatically "liked" by you

since you shouldn't ever really post something you don't like anyway

make the ui more streamlined and user friendly

I love you Another Ampers&.

• Like 1

I propose we further streamline the UI by hiding the indicator that "[author] liked this post" and provide no visible indication that they've done so, since you shouldn't need to unlike your own post either.

Furthermore, we should separate the counts of total, global likes into those with likes of our own posts and those without. That way we can still easily see how many other people have given our posts likes. Lastly, we should further streamline the UI by hiding the count of with self-likes.

2 minutes ago, FlynnCoyote said:

Between Pastry and Buck, the forum would crash with the extra workload of each post.

I figure there might be code in this forum software for a dislike button but the feature hasn't been turned on. I recall the dislike button was mashed like mad on the forum I used to frequent when I found the place disliked how I didn't draw my paleoart (art of prehistoric things) to its standards.

1 minute ago, 6tails said:

No, this software is very, very, very basic-featured and everything else is an add-on you either need to code yourself or pay for.

It wouldn't surprise me if they are making this sort of software all bare bones to get people to buy more things. And really want people to do that software as a service whatnot. Something like $55 for a box at the bottom corner to say every code and similes are on and but HTML tags are off.

33 minutes ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

I agree. As a historically unfunny, unpopular and unliked person, the ability to like my own posts would both allow me to pretend and feel self-value, and allow others to see how desperate and pathetic I am. It's a win-win situation.

i'd like you to meet someone who i think would suit your fancy

oh, here he is now:

10 hours ago, Endless/Nameless said:

omg so witty, lol

• Like 5

7 hours ago, evan said:

i'd like you to meet someone who i think would suit your fancy

oh, here he is now:

2 hours ago, Endless/Nameless said:

Hahaha yeah that guy what a card

Oh yea he's crazy, always doing his own thing. What a fun guy right?

• Like 1

What we really need is the ability to like our own posts using other names, to show how truly popular we are and how many cool friends we totally have.

Once all my posts are liked by Randy Savage or Joseph Stalin, people will know how popular and cool I am, and that I have friends, cause I totally have lots of friends, let me tell you!

• Like 3