unpopular opinions

Joel

16 hours ago, NerdyMunk said:

None of the candidates in the presidential race are any good. Bernie Sanders panders to SJWs. Hillary Clinton panders to big business. Donald Trump panders to bigots. Ted Cruz panders to overly religious bigots.

Also, stupid mobile glitch.

• Like 1

I think a lot of people who complain about "Political Correctness" are just upset that they're being told to stop being assholes.

I think that a lot of what "SJW" types talk about is true, at the core/central idea. The presentation is idiotic.

I have zero problem with Clinton being my next President. I support Sanders to get ideas talked and discussed and for the Bully Pulpit effect, but feel that Clinton would be better at the 'nuts and bolts' of the office.  

I think Southpark has been a bad influence on discourse and culture.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Summercat said:

The show is highly political. If it were just the creators discussing all of the points the characters and settings make, its audience would be rather small. Few people actually agree with its main messages. In the current format, however, some conservatives love it as a blasting of 'PC culture' and some liberals love the way it blasts the 'idiocy of conservatism.'

There are cartoons that I will admit were good for society in their day. At this point, I do not include this as one of them.

I admit that I could be convinced otherwise, though. The show is still going strong for what it is.

Just now, MalletFace said:

The show is highly political. If it were just the creators discussing all of the points the characters and settings make, its audience would be rather small. Few people actually agree with its main messages. In the current format, however, some conservatives love it as a blasting of 'PC culture' and some liberals love the way it blasts the 'idiocy of conservatism.'

There are cartoons that I will admit were good for society in their day. At this point, I do not include this as one of them.

I admit that I could be convinced otherwise, though. The show is still going strong for what it is.

Indeed. It's also made everything think "ALL POLITICS IS A CHOICE BETWEEN A DOUCHE AND A TURD SANDWICH", I've seen people use the arguments against affirmative action or hate crimes from it seriously (they were dead wrong), amongst other things.

It has a few moments. It has a few things. Setting aside anything like if its good or enjoyable, I find that it is terrible for society. :|

3 hours ago, Summercat said:

I think a lot of people who complain about "Political Correctness" are just upset that they're being told to stop being assholes.

I think that a lot of what "SJW" types talk about is true, at the core/central idea. The presentation is idiotic.

I have zero problem with Clinton being my next President. I support Sanders to get ideas talked and discussed and for the Bully Pulpit effect, but feel that Clinton would be better at the 'nuts and bolts' of the office.  

Leaked emails demonstrated that she schemed about destabilising Libya and Syria in order to lend leverage to western interests in the middle east. That's arch-villain levels of evil.

I would also add that I don't think people complaining about political correctness feel like their right to be assholes has been removed. I'll provide an example from my own University, where students petitioned for the removal of statues of nineteenth century imperialists, because they failed to live up to modern moral standards. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-35435805

I, and many other students, thought that removing artwork and making sanitised revisions of our history, to avoid confronting the fact that historical figures often held view we would now find deplorable, was disturbingly similar to the destruction of art that was propounded in the iconoclasm, or which is currently undertaken by the Islamic state, which is busy destroying all references to historical cultures that don't conform to their own values. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Summercat said:

Indeed. It's also made everything think "ALL POLITICS IS A CHOICE BETWEEN A DOUCHE AND A TURD SANDWICH", I've seen people use the arguments against affirmative action or hate crimes from it seriously (they were dead wrong), amongst other things.

It has a few moments. It has a few things. Setting aside anything like if its good or enjoyable, I find that it is terrible for society. :|

The only good thing South Park ever had was this:

Burn Down Hot Topic.gif

8 hours ago, Kosha said:

What I'm trying to say is that all of those are popular opinions.

And what I'm trying to say is, if you're a fanboy they're not as I'm favoring one over the other.

Edited by Mr. Fox

16 minutes ago, Summercat said:

Nevermind, not in the mood to deal with you. 

...Okay? 

I'm sure some people do just want to complain about political correctness because they feel their right to be assholes is being rescinded...hell, I would defend their right to have opinions which I think are asshole opinions. 

I'm just pointing out that political correctness irks a lot of other people for much better reasons too. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Luka said:

Sometimes I choose eating those instant noodle things over better food simply because I genuinely like them

I think almost everyone here does that from time to time....

4 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

If it tasted funny and had odd effects it probably had a roofie in it. 

Well I still have all my clothes on, my organs are still around, and I amn't walking funny, so I think that myths been busted.

Oh and here's an unpopular opinion among my friends:

I think Family Guy, American Dad, and especially South Park, are terrible, overrated, and boring.

(If this appears as a separate post, blame the fact that I can't edit posts on mobile. I blame the quote system, naturally.)

6 hours ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

I think Family Guy, American Dad, and especially South Park, are terrible, overrated, and boring.

I agree. I enjoy South Park and American Dad, and even old Family Guy had its genuinely funny moments, but some people adore the shit out of those shows and cannot for the life of me understand why

People who don't wash their hands after going to the bathroom (especially after taking a crap) need to be infected with e. coli bacteria to show how disgusting they are.

19 hours ago, Summercat said:

I have zero problem with Clinton being my next President.

You should take a look at what she has done to Libya and Syria over the past couple of years.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BlitzCo said:

People who don't wash their hands after going to the bathroom (especially after taking a crap) need to be infected with e. coli bacteria to show how disgusting they are.

You should take a look at what she has done to Libya and Syria over the past couple of years.

I knew someone who did this. :c

When it was his turn to clean the bathroom, he said he was 'done' and I went in to have a shower...okay, the toilet seat is in the fucking shower, perhaps I'll have a bath...okay, the plunger used to declog the toilet is currently soaking in the bath. 

On 20 April 2016 at 3:52 PM, Monty Grizzle said:

I don't care what people say, Bounty/Mounds bars are delicious!

They're great yo! But when it comes to chocolate I love pretty much anything.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2016 at 10:42 PM, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

I'm bothered by SJW types because of personal experiences, so it's a bit upsetting when people say that they're not a real issue.

I used to think SJWs were compassionate types who raised legitimate concerns. Nowadays, I'm convinced that most are delusional and suffer from untreated mental illness.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Xaende said:

I used to think SJWs were compassionate types who raised legitimate concerns. Nowadays, I'm convinced that most are delusional and suffer from untreated mental illness.

I always thought they were delusional. They have also made things worse for transgenders, as their special snowflake "genders" undermine people who experience gender dysphoria. Not to mention the whole "cis white males are all evil" shit. Also, people begin associating leftism as a whole with SJWs, therefore seeing conservatism as the option for smart people. And you know what? They may be right. Maybe leftists are a bunch of idiot cucks, and maybe Trump will make America great again. Maybe what we need is a strengthening of good old-fashioned morale. Maybe we need to cast out all degenerates from our glorious society. #trump2016

26 minutes ago, LazerMaster5 said:

I always thought they were delusional. They have also made things worse for transgenders, as their special snowflake "genders" undermine people who experience gender dysphoria. Not to mention the whole "cis white males are all evil" shit. Also, people begin associating leftism as a whole with SJWs, therefore seeing conservatism as the option for smart people. And you know what? They may be right. Maybe leftists are a bunch of idiot cucks, and maybe Trump will make America great again. Maybe what we need is a strengthening of good old-fashioned morale. Maybe we need to cast out all degenerates from our glorious society. #trump2016

Daddy will fix everything. 

2 hours ago, LazerMaster5 said:

There's a little checklist you can use on tumblr blogs to tell if they're an SJW. It's not set in stone, but it should be a good indicator:

1. Telling you their pronouns in their bio

2. Listing their privileges in their bio

3. Having a 'read before you follow' page which lists triggers

4. Having an FAQ in which they respond to questions they often get calling them out on toxic things they say

5. Using words such as 'feminist', 'misogyny', 'misandry', 'patriarchy' etc. in their URL

these are from my experience, but are a pretty good guide.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wax said:

1. Telling you their pronouns in their bio

2. Listing their privileges in their bio

3. Having a 'read before you follow' page which lists triggers

4. Having an FAQ in which they respond to questions they often get calling them out on toxic things they say

5. Using words such as 'feminist', 'misogyny', 'misandry', 'patriarchy' etc. in their URL

tumblr_lognpmebcE1qjmniro1_400.gif

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Endless/Nameless said:

Proms r dumb. 

Wonder how many kids wil be conceived in this hotel tonight. 

over 9000

Tbh the only reason I actually had a date to prom was because my friend wanted to come with so I was like, yeah whatever, but you're buying dinner

• Like 1

Even though it's CollegeHumor, this video gives actually a pretty good message about weird furries. I too would be very uncomfortable seeing some lion man's speedo-clad bollocks all in my face.

• Like 1