The gender diagram!

Vallium

Here's an activity fun for all xirselves

blank_graph.jpg.0c2988edf358c7d286db9d89afccbf77.jpg

It's a very simple diagram, you see. Are you a boy or a girl, some kind of weird thing in between, or dont go by either. Are you into dudes or gals, or both...or neither? Are you a manly man or hella flamboyant? Or a butch chick or girly girl? Or just whatever.

Example of how to fill one out:

20170421_222243.thumb.png.0f3591d5c43f61d1a4cd3627db3eac47.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Ha, see I didnt know that about you, except mainly inferring, I didnt have to ask you a bunch of weird invasive questions out of curiosity :v

It'd be hard to find a question that actually makes me uncomfortable.

The diagram is a bit of a wish/goal and a bit of reality, though.

Wait a second, shouldn't the colours in the 'attracted to' circle be flipped horizontally? I'm pretty sure it's considered more masculine in the eyes of the general public to be attracted to women rather than men.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Faust said:

Wait a second, shouldn't the colours in the 'attracted to' circle be flipped horizontally? I'm pretty sure it's considered more masculine in the eyes of the general public to be attracted to women rather than men.

I dont get what you mean? The graph is made for men and women (etc) who like women or men, it's not a gauge of masculinity/femininity until you get to the presentation spectrum graph on the bottom there

11 hours ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

I dont get what you mean? The graph is made for men and women (etc) who like women or men, it's not a gauge of masculinity/femininity until you get to the presentation spectrum graph on the bottom there

Well the three graphics share the same colour scheme. Since they are displayed together it makes logical sense to the viewer that the colours mean the same thing on all three graphs - pink for feminine and blue for masculine. However, under this assumption, if 'Attracted to Men' is blue, then having a mark in that region paradoxically moves you towards the PINK end of the gender expression bar at the bottom. The logical assumption would be that it would trend you towards blue. In other words your position on the gender expression bar could be obtained mathematically by adding the blue-to-pink ratio of your identity with the blue-to-pink ratio of your gender preference.

3 hours ago, Fossa-Boy said:

Is there a link that creates these? Confused, here!

It's fairly simple if you already use software programs like word. MS paint is a popular default one on most computers, and things like gimp are free to download. All you do is save the image to your computer, go on the upper tabs on the program, probably File<Open<Select picture image from saved spot in computer, mark where applicable using the brush tools with a mouse, and save it to your computer with the new edit to submit it on the site.

It's probably less work than writing it out or printing, but by all means Ive seen people write out memes by hand so whatever makes you feel comfortable in participating!

6 hours ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

OH OH OH.
So I learned something today!

Originally it was supposed to be pink for boys and blue for girls.

Because blue was a "more dainty colour".

But there's also literally no reason for the colours being ascribed to the gender.

Yeah, actually I heard it was more light blue was associated with the virgin mary, while pink was associated with the color red and therefore a strong color :P

It actually doesnt matter much when ascribing color to objects to label it for a gender, but for symbolism sake its easy to attach a meaning to something that doesnt overall have that meaning (i.e evil for snake). 

Marketing in the modern world likes to overdo the color thing, though