Peeple

Tsuujou

And you know how easy it is to get cell phone numbers today to sign people up for this? You don't have to ask anyone anymore in most cases. When I got my new phone a month ago, I loaded up my SIM card and I had in my contacts, people on Skype and Facebook because they provided their cellphone numbers. We can debate if that was a smart choice, but that's not the point now. This is why I keep my personal info to myself as much as possible. Shit, Telegram, I believe -requires- your cell phone number.

I know some pseudo intellectual would LOVE to tell me how "teh guvermint alreddy haz ur info". Yeah, but it's not actively ruining my fucking life like this can. And if they didn't have it, putting it on this site is a very easy way to obtain it. I can't even begin to enumerate the reasons on how destructive this can potentially be for some people. If what a person did isn't a proven criminal offense, no one deserves to be recorded and rated on something like this.

Edited by XoPachi
  • Like 1

I wonder if you will be able to pay to have negative reviews taken down, just like Yelp.

"That guy in the creepy van keeps slowly driving by the school during recess. Do you think we should call the cops?"

"Nah it's cool, he has 4 star rating."

• Like 1

I wonder if you will be able to pay to have negative reviews taken down, just like Yelp.

"That guy in the creepy van keeps slowly driving by the school during recess. Do you think we should call the cops?"

"Nah it's cool, he has 4 star rating."

Apparently once it's up, you can't have it removed.

There's a short story I read about stuff like this. Everyone made it out to be TOTALLY AWESOME. I was all... No. Invasion of privacy, no chance for redemption, etc etc. Might have been in "Visions of Liberty", put out by Baen. 

And then there's stuff like the system in 'Earthweb', where you need IDs and it shows a post-government collapse. One of the rants had an old woman blame the FDA for her husbands death, because "They didn't allow [beta blockers?] into food, and that would have helped him!". Wat.

Libertarianism: Makes sense only on paper, and if you don't think too hard.

of course its made by women

who else would create something this awful

i envision itll just be a big pile of passive aggressive shit talking because most people are non confrontational cowards so they let the keyboard do all their bad mouthing for them, especially in social circles they actually run in

Reminds me of the reason why highschools hate Yik Yak since students often use it to talk shit about other students. Only now its something specifically for talking shit about other people. WHAT COULD GO WRONG?

Hell, this is directly hurtful to anyone and everyone and extremely intrusive into other people's privacy. Ick.