Last movie you've heard of or seen with yer eyes

yell0wf0x

Metro Manila, it is a really..... awesome movie about the family of a man who moves in from rural poverty to the big city and the challenges that they face.

It's a thriller, with action, but incredibly emotional and really well done.

You can find it on netflix, it's in what I assume is Tagalog but has english subs.

Mad Max: Fury Road

I wish the movie could've explored Gas Town and Bullet Farm, even if it was just half as much as the Citadel, instead of being far-away places only one of which got a background painting.

Also, the blind flame-throwing electric guitarist for a bugler is beyond awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from The Lobster with Colin Farrell.  I was... great?  Terrible?  I'm not really sure yet.  I sat in an uncomfortable theater seat in a permanent state of cringe for two hour not knowing if I should laugh or hide.  It's pretty intense.  Plus it has an underlying theme of turning people into animals of their choice, so that was a thing.  I'm going to need to sleep on this one.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally bit the bullet and watched the new Star Wars. I'd have done so sooner but my dad keeps his copy locked in the basement. 

My verdict? It IS a very good film. It grips your interest, it looks great, and it's a joy to watch. The hype is lived up to.

In some ways, it actually surpassed the quality of the original films. It hits the emotional high notes far higher than any before it. There's a far more organic, heart-felt feel to parts of the story. And the ship-chasey scenes were quite frankly better than sex.

BUT, I still had a bajillion nitpicks with it, goddamnit. Just as I suspected I would. Too many throwbacks, disappointing story direction, wonky details, etc etc. 

However, the pros outweigh the cons. And that's nice  

This is was not the Star Wars people like me, who appreciated the original story and continuity, wanted; but it's far better than it could have been. Infinitely better. 

On August 4, 2016 at 10:00 PM, LazerMaster5 said:

Same. Could have been worse but should have been better.

That seems to be the consensus on the movie.   It 'could' have been great but falls sort-of flat.  It has a few good moments but just doesn't deliver where it counts.  

Rewatched Patton tonight. Such a good classic.

I think I picked up on the insanity of the character more this time around. (hey, last time I watch it was on fucking VHS)

Also, I didn't know Francis Ford Coppola wrote the screenplay!! He has an awesome introduction before the movie on my DVD copy and OH MY GOD I WAS NERDING OUT SO HARD

On 8/4/2016 at 11:31 PM, PastryOfApathy said:

I watched Suicide Squad.

Umm...that was a movie I guess. I mean, it wasn't completely awful.

I enjoyed it enough. basically had some really good things and some really bad things, though the bad things were more so bad for not being much. the movie doesn't deserve all the hate it's getting.

Just saw Kubo and the Two Strings.  Screw you Kubo, how dare you make me feel things.  Walked out crying with a good friend who recently lost a parent while the two little girls we went with played happily.  See this movie but be prepared to feel it.  

Imperium is a cool movie about an FBI agent who goes undercover and infiltrates a neo Nazi organization to try and thwart a conspiracy. It is really intriguing and scary at the same time how people can so easily hate, and this movie explores the different ways this hate drives alt-right extremists. Our main protagonist almost seems to connect with these people, and at times he almost seems too attached. I don't want to spoil too much though.

• Like 1

I watched the old classic, the shining

Wasn't the most scary horror film I've seen but it definitely had its good moments. The inexplainable craziness is what made the film for me

Now I have ascended one step further in the art of memes now that I know a few more references I used to dismiss

xfmci2zrqho.jpg

Here's Johnny! 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...