Last movie you've heard of or seen with yer eyes

yell0wf0x

Avengers: Age of Ultron.

I missed the Deus Ex Pond with Thor because I had to go relieve myself of the 675-ounce BladderBuster I'd drank during the first act, but otherwise I was there for the entirety of the film. Didn't fall in love with it but surely didn't hate it. I mostly enjoyed it with the occasional grunt of "ugh." Will buy on BRD to keep my collection rounded.

Me and my roommate watch awful horror movies regularly. Our last one was something called Playback.

Fucking hell was the movie bad, I couldn't follow a damned thing. It was just weird, uncomfortable, and not even remotely scary or creepy.

0/10

So the last movie I saw was American Mary.

I saw it reviewed briefly on "Horrible Reviews" Most Disturbing Movies video series and since it's about a med student aspiring surgeon, I had to give it a watch. Great movie I thought! The ending was so sad, I won't talk about it though, the only thing I would say is that it could've been longer, some of the things going on near the end could've been expanded upon - namely her nan's passing (why was that mentioned at all if it was only one tiny scene and never mentioned or brought up again or affected Mary's story at all?), and her boss' feelings for her could've been expanded upon more perhaps.

I think this movie could've been its own series instead of one movie, I'd have liked to have seen more of the goings on in Mary's world and how her business grew and stuff. I feel though that you couldn't have what she had in her portfolio without at least ONE person going to the police though.

7/10.

Hot tub time machine 1 and 2. The firs was stupid, too many swearing and 2 is R because of nudity, and its worst that the first.

The first 4 guys are in the hot tub outside a kinda hotel and the hot tub is a time machine, they find them self in the 80's but in their bodies of the 80's. Some stuff are fun, but other are just frankly stupid. Lack of vocabulary with the "shit" and "fuck" so many time in the movie. Its so not funny when it seem the only word that some of them seem to be able to say. read a dictionary so you will learn new word that are not swearing.

The giver. Its a good movie about a isolated peoples who are controlled so they have no feeling, no emotion, no compassion. But by doing so they can't advance. The beginning is in Black and White, but later its in color. Its kinda sci-fi, drama and its a good movie.

I also re watch Guardians of the galaxy and I love it. I just like Rocket attitude and animation. So well done.

• 2 weeks later...

The Creature with the Atom Brain (1955)

Creature_with_the_atom_brain_1955_poster

Public domain on YT. Only 57 minutes long. Should actually be called "Creatures Who are Actually a Bunch of Unconvincing Dead Guys Animated by Electricity Originating from Atoms, And They Do Things, I Guess". Dumb enough to be enjoyable.

I haven't seen a movie in theaters since "Riddick" came out, and that had most of the storyline in common with "Pitch Black". Still a decent way to kill an evening, though.

Currently on a disaster movie kick. "Dante's Peak", "Volcano", "San Andreas"... Tried to watch "2012" again but apparently my disk drive does not like that DVD anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not much of a movie person at all. Most of the time, I treat them as TV shows I'd idly watch to pass the time. I'd watch them, get a little immersed, but as soon as I stepped out of the theater, I was done with the film. This is usually because I tend to get dragged to them, so it's rarely ever my own choice to see a film.

Straight Outta Compton, when I initially saw the reveal trailer last year, I knew I had to see it. It was different in the sense that it was extremely relevant to my interests like no other recent films had been, so I was ecstatic to see it, and after almost a year of waiting, it was absolutely worth it.

Hands down, the best film I've ever seen in theaters. I'd give it a clean 9/10.The atmosphere and the experience was just phenomenal; the crowd in the theater were so into it, cheering and singing along with certain tracks. It was an experience like no other, and I've been dragged to plenty of movies in my life.

My only complaint would be that things started to feel a little rushed near the end, supposedly due to time constraints. But I heard that there's going to be a director's cut released on Blu-Ray with that extra content added back in, so I'm definitely hyped for that.

Even if it may not be the best film of all time, it'll always be really special to me given that entire experience.

• 2 weeks later...