Christmas Songs Are Terrible

PastryOfApathy

As many of you know, I have a job. It's hard to imagine, but please at least try to think what that may look like since I know it's probably unfamiliar to everyone.

At said job I've been forced to listen to a nonstop parade of the same fucking christmas songs over and over because fuck life. But I started to notice something about the more modern ones (you can tell they're modern because they randomly talk about texting and selfies for no reason). They all either make Santa sound like some kind of sugar daddy, or they just wanna fuck Santa.

Like every single one is just "Oh Santa I've been a good girl~" or "Please fuck me Santa...". When the fuck did Santa become some kind of sex symbol for people other than old gay mean? Motherfucker's taken assholes. What about I dunno the Easter Bunny? I mean he's a rabbit which is weird, but at this point I don't think that's gonna stop anyone. I'd say cupid too but I think he's like 3 or something, which is a bit of a boner killer.

Fuck Christmas, I can't even gorge on eggnog because it's so fucking expensive now. $5.29 what the fuck is that seriously?

Oh yeah, not looking forward to being blasted with the same six chirpy-ass songs on endless repeat. Ugh.

'Tis the season to hear that song about Jesus killing that kid's mom so that a dude in a store will buy the kid some shoes for his dead mon and therefore learn the true reason for the season. Oh goody.

Am I the only one not feeling holiday vibes anymore? :C

Like...its fun when youre a kid with no sense of time and the world is just anticipating the eventual coming of Christmas and magical gift grandpas and deer, and then you wake up some day and its magically Christmas. Now its that countdown through the calender through banal day-to-day events getting past the workweek humps into the next breaks and holidays and corporations are constantly being ready in anticipation for it pushing music and merchendise three months ahead of said holiday.

Yeah man, the spirit is real

Edited by WolfNightV4X1
  • Like 1

At Subway we are allowed two stations. One used to never play christmas music but now it does at night. However, this station doesn't repeat songs (sometimes different versions but not the same song) and I was dancing and singing around while closing tonight. 

Is it just me or is the song Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" not just a cute song about the dad dressing up as Santa and the kid finding them? What if the guy dressed as Santa was a man the mom was having an affair with? I mean, the kid didn't recognise the man....

Is it just me or is the song Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" not just a cute song about the dad dressing up as Santa and the kid finding them? What if the guy dressed as Santa was a man the mom was having an affair with? I mean, the kid didn't recognise the man....

My entire life has been turned upside down.

Is it bad that I've never actually thought it was the former at all, and legit thought the mom was cheating on the dad with Santa?
So now I'm having your revelation.... IN REVERSE.

• Like 3

I only hate Christmas music because I hate Christmas. Before you jump on me, it is because of trauma. Before you ask, no, Santa didn't make a move on me. But based on this new music many want him to? He's a geriatric obese man with terrible fashion sense!

i am mildly stoked for xmas this year and ill tell you why. dads girl friend turned fiancee(ugh) is where were having it and ive noticed a few things. the first thing is its like none of these people have ever met a dynamic person on their life. theyre all just sad fat bored republicunt idiots. and they love the crap out of me because im DIFFERENT. the second is this poor woman desperately craves my approval, and ive made it pretty clear that i am only amenable to shiny things and stuff. give me your loot woman! thing three they are all loaded. call me shallow, call me a parasite, call me whatever. im gonna clean the fuck up. and then imma gtfo. fuck christmas

• Like 1

i am mildly stoked for xmas this year and ill tell you why. dads girl friend turned fiancee(ugh) is where were having it and ive noticed a few things. the first thing is its like none of these people have ever met a dynamic person on their life. theyre all just sad fat bored republicunt idiots. and they love the crap out of me because im DIFFERENT. the second is this poor woman desperately craves my approval, and ive made it pretty clear that i am only amenable to shiny things and stuff. give me your loot woman! thing three they are all loaded. call me shallow, call me a parasite, call me whatever. im gonna clean the fuck up. and then imma gtfo. fuck christmas

It is nice to see you excited for a thing, to hell with the reasons. Clean up and grab me a fancy watch or something.

• Like 1

i love me some christmas music.  but i mean like, "rockin' around the christmas tree", not "my christmas tree is delicious". *gag*

i can't really talk about people hitting on santa, though...

Yeah, you have no room whatsoever to talk you santasexual freak. 

I just want you to know that I shake my head at you and your deviant ways you pervert. 

It seems there are only three options for Xmas music"

1: The same old songs from decades ago. (LastChristmasIGaveYouMyHeartLastChristmasIGaveYouMyHeartLastChristmasIGaveYouMyHeartLastChristmasIGaveYouMyHeartLastChristmasIGaveYouMyHeartLastChristmasIGaveYouMyHeartLastChristmasIGaveYouMyHeartLastChristmasIGaveYouMyHeart)

2: Rehashes of the same old songs from decades ago.

3: Weird shit made by people trying to avoid the previous two options.