• 0 - 12
    • 13 - 19
    • 20 - 24
    • 25 - 29
    • 30 - 39
    • 40 - 49
    • 50 - 59
    • 60 +

Makes you wonder if people stop being a furry after they turn 25?

Replying seriously to Buck is almost a wasted effort, but I cannot resist.

This is a good lesson in cognitive bias. If you set up a poll about age using a medium where the majority of users are 15-30, most users are going to answer the poll as being 15-30.

• 10 months later...
2 minutes ago, Saxon said:

It's okay Cingal. ;^;

It's not. ;-;

1 minute ago, #00Buck said:

Don't worry it isn't until after 30 that most people mysteriously disappear from the graph...

I still don't know why there are so few older furries? 

Do people just give up on the fandom? 

Who knows? 

I guess there's a lot of communities that attract mostly youngerish furries. I imagine it feels pretty weird to be a lot older than the people around you.

Phoenix is honestly kinda unique in that there is so many people 20+.

4 hours ago, Cingal said:

I guess there's a lot of communities that attract mostly youngerish furries. I imagine it feels pretty weird to be a lot older than the people around you.

Phoenix is honestly kinda unique in that there is so many people 20+.

Until I originally posted the age thread I had no idea how old everyone was here but I suspected people would be younger. 

It was only after this thread got posted that it became apparent how few older people there are here. 

Common interests make up for a lot. Furry conventions and anime conventions skew younger. At a mainstream comic con there are plenty of older people around and they're slightly out numbered by the teenage and early twenties crowd. Then again comic books have been around longer than most other fandoms. They're the only cons where I see senior citizens. 

If you're able to relate age isn't a problem. If you're vastly out of touch then yeah it gets really weird. I honestly can't keep up with anime or video games anymore there's just too much to absorb and I work for a living. You need a lot of spare time to absorb that much content and know about it all. 

Just turned 25 last month, no sign of any grey hair yet! So far so good. :P

5 hours ago, Fossa-Boy said:

Older than Buck and Gravitas...but a Fossa never reveals his true age, as we remain beautiful forever.

You can still be beautiful well into your late years, ye' silly. Let me have at least one guess at your age! 35?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, #00Buck said:

Don't worry it isn't until after 30 that most people mysteriously disappear from the graph...

Who knows? 

Loss of interest or higher obligations are one reason, tired of the drama is another.

Who knows? 

I can tell you from experience that it's easy to be a furry in your early 20s.  Then life happens and you need to start a career and family and all that stuff and you have very little time for fandoms.  I probably wouldn't even have considered myself a furry from 25-32.  Then luckily (or unluckily) my life situation changed and I instantly had more free time on my hands again in my mid 30s and I was able to get back into it.  Had I not become single and unsupervised during that time I probably woudn't have come back.  You guys don't even know how lucky you are to have me! :V

• Like 1

Who knows? 

Because of Carrousel obviously V;

When the gems in our hands flash red it is the time of our renewal. Those that refuse Carrousel are the "Runners." Pariahs to be hunted down by the Sandmen and cleansed from our furry society.

Incidentally... I'm 28. It won't be long for me now.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, GarthTheWereWolf said:

Because of Carrousel obviously V;

When the gems in our hands flash red it is the time of our renewal. Those that refuse Carrousel are the "Runners." Pariahs to be hunted down by the Sandmen and cleansed from our furry society.

Incidentally... I'm 28. It won't be long for me now.

Show us your crystal Garth 5.