What are you GIVING for Christmas?

AshleyAshes

Yes, giving, this isn't a loot thread, this is a, er, spending thread?  I guess, yes, spending thread!

So what are you giving other people for Christmas?

My girlfriend is getting a Nvidia Shield Android TV, because she wants an android box to replace her current OpenELEC setup and if I don't buy her this, she'll get some terrible Chinese shit with poor development and app support and then drive herself insane tinkering with it. She once bought a TPLink router that's firmware was Chinese ONLY, cause it was a 'great deal' and basically went up the wall because of it.  So we will NOT be going down that road, the Shield is if anything, disgustingly overspec'ed and will last her easily 5+ years.

My dad is getting an N Scale TTX Autorack from Micro Trains.  I get him model train stuff every year, he's retired and he's out of excuses to not build the layout in the basement that he's wanted since before he had kids and had to give up his Camaro for a Volkswagon.  Next year, I'll just have an order of lumber shipped to his house instead.

My mom is getting a $50 iTunes gift card because she had no interests or hobbies other than her iPad Mini so how the fuck am I supposed to work with that?  I'm not half assing it, she half asses her interests!

This is my first Christmas in which I actually can buy things~

For my boyfriend: two plushies, a Minecraft Torch Light, and two Japan import Amiibos (cause screw scalpers). (I am omitting names cause he is a sneaky sneak but I did already give him the torch)

For my sister: the book Eating Animals, even had Amazon gift wrap it cause she lives up in Washington.

For my brother: Fallout 4 for Xbox One, his PC can't handle the game. However I got a used copy cause I needed to slash my spending.

For my mom: a snowflake candleholder set cause she loves candles.

For my mom's husband: Barefoot Wine and a prett scarf (that won't arrive until after Christmas...)

A joint gift for my mom and her bo: two new candles I found packed away.

For my friend: new PJs

For my cousins: Christmas socks

For my secret santa at work: a Harry Potter Cookbook and a Deathly Hollows necklace. However, my giftee bailed so I gave them to the coworker she flaked on and he enjoyed the book (plus he has a daughter if necklaces aren't his thing).

For my secret santa here: a gift that arrived safely. I was worried cause trcking was being dumb and not telling me where the heck it was. :K

For two aspiring pokemon trainers: a Christmas Pikachu and a Christmas Eevee plush (both of their favorite pokemon, one is ~2 while the other is ~5).

For my boyfriend's little sister: a new Shadow plushie because she looooooooooves Sonic and her current one is on its last legs.

For my boyfriend's brother's son: my old RoboRaptor. I literally used it twice so it is in flawless condition. Hoping I make enough in tips to buy new batteries tomorrow because I'm waaay broke. I do have a hefty sum in change though. I can probably swap it at work for cash so I don't make the store hate me. 

For my boyfriend's mom: a dolphin necklace.

For my brother's dog: two old plushies of mine (a sheep and a cat).

For a toddler: four of my old plushies, ten childhood books, and a dog toy. Yes, a dog toy. His favorite toy ever was this pig that made funny sounds but it was destroyed.

I did step a bit into the red but I wanted to get everyone gifts (plus these purchases were drawn out over three paychecks so it wasn't too bad. Property taxes and propane ate a lot of my mone though).

Edited by Misomie
  • Like 1

Nothing, because that is what my family agreed on this year. We agreed that we are too old for that shit.

My dad's birthday is on the 26th though so I got him a birthday present. Can't post what it is though, my family is stalking me on the internet (that's right, mom! I know!)

I can't quite afford to buy everyone in my family gifts, and since I can't buy everyone gifts I'm just gonna skip it and maybe sneak one to my mum after the holidays cuz she's the only one I actually like. Yet here it is, Christmas Eve, and still no idea what to get her. My first reaction is to get her yummy things, but her tastes have change dramatically since she's been sick, so I can't get her obvious shit like chocolate or sweets. It's probably too late to do some sort of large gift basket for everyone to nom on, but I can see what the stores have since I have to stop anyhow for normal food.

Oh, and I am participating in the fuzzy's secret santa thing, so I got my person something(s).

6 hours ago, Recel said:

I'll give a Santa hat for grumpy @Kaizy.

ar0yvya.png

And a suspicious box for @Mentova.

k8wnjCG.png

For others. COAL! :V

That is adorable D: Thank you <3

I'm broke as fuck and have no artistic talent, so I just got some cheap stuff for my close family. :C I got an amiibo for my sister, a reusable rifle target thing for her husband, and a candle for my mom. Still need to get my dad something >_>

Only for my youngest sister, a pikachu plushie, and my secret Santa. Everyone else gets a merry Christmas from me. I'll probably let go of the R2D2 beanie hat I bought myself that I love so much and give it to my brother. Cuz giving.

I'd spend more but I'm greatly in need of my money.

Got my best friend a boyfriend pillow as a joke and an Emoji pillow (they were sold out of the one she uses the most so I had to settle for the next most iconic one). Got her daughter a clay pot kit and a practical joke set.

Mum is getting the DVD of a comedy she's taken a liking to, and Dad is getting a steam trains calendar and a set of lavender oils for sleeping.

Brother is getting a season of South Park on DVD because that's what he asked for.

Nan is getting a scarf necklace, and my uncle is getting a Shite Shirt.

We're sending my cousin money again since he's living overseas, and I still need to get something for my other cousin and her boyfriend.

My great uncle I think we are gonna just donate the money to a charity again, we've been doing that back and forth for a few years now since he suggested it. Instead of getting presents for each other the money goes to a good cause.

If I had known we were doing a secret Santa I would have gotten one of you guys something nice :V

I got my younger brother a nice sweater, a pair of Bose headphones, and the collectors edition of the art of Fallout 4 

Older brother I got him a quadcopter drone and a bottle of wild turkey 101 for us to share on Christmas 

Dad got a weed whacker mom a record/CD/Radio player 

So much booze. It's my default gift choice just because I'm fairly familiar with beer, wine, and whiskey and there's products at every conceivable price point. 

The main ones I'm gifting this year are:

• Revelation 24 yr Rum
  • Dark Lord 2015
  • Juebel 2015
  • Hawk Knob Barrel-Aged Hard Cider
  • GVBC Weizenbock
  • Eighth Wonder 2012 Silver Tree Reserve Meritage

I guess the big thing for my immediate family is I'm treating everyone to a Nightwish concert coming up in February. I also sprung for Royal Bliss concert tickets too for a February date, but that's a small show and pretty cheap.

I got my dad Revival by Stephen King because he likes to read but didn't want to dump money on the bigger paperback

I got my mom Good Omens because she loves to read and hasn't yet read a Neil Gaiman book

I got my bro a SSB controller adapter so he can use a GC controller. He opened that early so we could both use it :P

Got my best friend a handle of Jonnie Walker Red

Got his wife a nice bottle of Mascato

Got an online friend of mine Shovel Knight

And that was my XMAS this year!

Edited by Conker

frand: coffee mug, chocolate covered coffee beans, jar of chocolate chip cookie mix (this part meant to be shared with his family), expertly decorated image of bill murray

so: coffee mug, [REDACTED]

sister: journal, beanboozled jellybeans (can be shared with family), couple of hats i don't wear any more

everybody else: i made gingerbread cookies to put in tins, going to make chocolate covered strawberries in a minute

i was gonna add gingerbread cookies to my so's gift, but i think my grandma either ate the ones i had set aside or put them in one of the gift tins already >:I 

Edited by Gator

In no particular order, with no valuations attached:

• A donation to the animal rescue I volunteer with
  • Sterling silver jewelry
  • The complete collection of Pee-Wee's Playhouse on Blu-Ray
  • A "World's Best Cat Mom" t-shirt
  • A picture book about otters
  • 4 catnip bananas
  • Amazon gift certificate (to many people)
  • A horse-print scarf
  • Ice Road Truckers season 4 DVD set
  • 4 catnip fish
  • a Forever Home for two kitties that were from the shelter
  • Tickets to see Carol Burnett perform
  • RUSH 40 hockey jersey
  • Perfume

and a bunch of other stuff I'm not able to remember at this point.

On 12/24/2015 at 11:46 PM, Recel said:

For others. COAL! :V

Hooray, this forum now controls the electrical grid for about 45% of the United States!

Wait, that will end... badly.

For one of my brothers I gave a fluffy blanket with a wolf design, for my other brother who's moving to a new place I gave a microwave.  Then I'm doing secret Santa on a couple different websites and I got a bunch of PC games for one, and the other is getting some surprise art.  I also randomly did some... "art" for Mentova and surprised him with it.

What am I giving? I'm blessing everyone with my magnificent presence, obviously

Seriously though, I didn't give anything. The only gifts I made in a long time were 20 or 50 euros to my sister and a 100 euros Svarovski ring for my ma, since her actual gold and silver rings misteriously disappeared from our home. I didn't give these gifts on Christmas however, so yeah

I'm not big on Christmas, and like New Years more. Back in my country (and generally not very religious places) New Year's is where it's at, and when gifts are exchanged.

That said, this year was kinda pittiful. Hubby and I agreed on no presents obligations, since we buy each other stuff all the time anyway, so I just got him a wallet. My parents got a new toaster. My friend got a $50 Amazon gift card. And my best friend is getting a bottle of Aruban rum, and another bottle of Aruban Ponche Crema, which went through the customs thanks to TSA's 95% failure rate. I guess I'll be spending New Years with my grandma for lunch, which I guess it's sort of a gift? But yeah, nothing extravagant for anyone this year. Spent way too much already even before the holidays :P

11 minutes ago, Rassah said:

I'm not big on Christmas, and like New Years more. Back in my country (and generally not very religious places) New Year's is where it's at, and when gifts are exchanged.

That said, this year was kinda pittiful. Hubby and I agreed on no presents obligations, since we buy each other stuff all the time anyway, so I just got him a wallet. My parents got a new toaster. My friend got a $50 Amazon gift card. And my best friend is getting a bottle of Aruban rum, and another bottle of Aruban Ponche Crema, which went through the customs thanks to TSA's 95% failure rate. I guess I'll be spending New Years with my grandma for lunch, which I guess it's sort of a gift? But yeah, nothing extravagant for anyone this year. Spent way too much already even before the holidays :P

I'm giving Versace for X-mas and the so called "wealthy" person is giving $50 Amazon gift cards?

3 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

I'm giving Versace for X-mas and the so called "wealthy" person is giving $50 Amazon gift cards?

Yep. My sweetie was happy with the $3,000 trip to Aruba, and the $650 trip to Niagara/Toronto before that, and the $900 weekend in Las Vegas for Halloween before that, and the trip to Busch Gardens a while before that, and the $9,000 romp through Switzerland and Italy this past Summer, and a new unlocked $650 Samsung S6 phone to take good travel photos with before that, and all the other nice gadgets I buy him throughout the year. We generally don't need special occasions to give each other nice things. But the Christmas gift wallet was a $40 Puma brand, if it helps?

Just now, Rassah said:

Yep. My sweetie was happy with the $3,000 trip to Aruba, and the $650 trip to Niagara/Toronto before that, and the $900 weekend in Las Vegas for Halloween before that, and the trip to Busch Gardens a while before that, and the $9,000 romp through Switzerland and Italy this past Summer, and a new unlocked $650 Samsung S6 phone to take good travel photos with before that, and all the other nice gadgets I buy him throughout the year. We generally don't need special occasions to give each other nice things. But the Christmas gift wallet was a $40 Puma brand, if it helps?

That's a lot of time sleeping in cars.