Strip clubs suck

TrishaCat

I somehow got dragged to a strip club over new years while spending a few nights with some highschool and college friends at a get together, and I don't see the appeal.

They smell like cigarettes, and after you leave one your clothes and/or you yourself will likely smell like cigarettes for a good while unless you take a shower after you get home and wash your clothes or something. The stench seems to coat your clothes. It also costs a decent chunk of change to get in one, and that money could be better spent on something more permanent. And then its all for loud bad music that constantly plays and drowns out any possibility of talking with friends that are even sitting as close as next to you and PG-13 levels of nudity. I don't get it. There are far lewder more inappropriate more accessible and cheaper things available online. Seeing naked chicks IRL isn't much different from seeing it on a screen. Its dumb. It wasn't attractive at all. Plus sometimes the girls working there or also just other people there will come and try talking to you or sitting next to you invading your personal space. Its awkward enough being at a strip club, why do people or even those working there want to speak personally with you? Its uncomfortable. And the whole concept of the thing feels sleezy, especially the idea of paying more money up next to the girls working there for more personal dancing and/or a bit of physical contact. And yet people did it like it was nothing, and the girls there just smile and talk about it like its just people having fun. Like, HOW? And WHY? Everything feels icky and touching anything, let alone other people there makes me want to wash my hands. I feel like I wasted my money and might have had more fun staying alone at the cabin all my friends were staying at instead of going out with them to this place. They all had fun, but I couldn't.

Strip clubs suck.

Edited by Battlechili
  • Like 11

Yup, reached this same conclusion after being dragged repeatedly by my insane former boss to a strip club as a "make the vendor entertain us" business outing. Overpriced, low-quality booze, cigarette smoke clouding up the joint, and people who pay attention to you solely in the hope to get more money out of you for dances/tips.

I thought the $20 withdrawal fee on the ATM was a classy touch, too. Not $2, not $5, but $20 for each transaction. Apparently there are horny, desperate men who will eat that sort of crass greed in order to "keep the babes coming back." A fool, their money, etc. and yadda.

• Like 1

Never been to one, but I had suspected as much about these clubs.

1 hour ago, Ginpanther said:

Yup, reached this same conclusion after being dragged repeatedly by my insane former boss to a strip club as a "make the vendor entertain us" business outing.

I have heard of this sort of thing, from time to time. I cannot understand how anyone would consider such a trip appropriate professional behavior. It is virtually always a private, small business and it just confounds me. Especially when I read about them dragging employees in and people who don't go or speak out being branded as 'not a team player'.

But, having a vendor take you out to a strip club? That's an entirely new level of sleaze to me.

Edited by DrGravitas
Spacing
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DrGravitas said:

I have heard of this sort of thing, from time to time. I cannot understand how anyone would consider such a trip appropriate professional behavior. It is virtually always a private, small business and it just confounds me. Especially when I read about them dragging employees in and people who don't go or speak out being branded as 'not a team player'.

But, having a vendor take you out to a strip club? That's an entirely new level of sleaze to me.

This gent was a special level of crazy. Eventually he was dismissed from our employer for harassing employees and unethical conduct. I discovered that some years later he was charged with, and plead No Contest to, gross vehicular manslaughter while intoxicated after his idiocy killed a woman and injured one of her two passengers. Prior to his termination from his job as my boss he'd had a "whoopsie daisy" moment with his sports car (while I was in it) after one of these strip club trips, so I guess I was lucky.

3 hours ago, Battlechili said:

Seeing naked chicks IRL isn't much different from seeing it on a screen.

Yeah, I'm calling bullshit on that part. Try putting a note in your teeth and see what happens. Physical interaction is a lot more different than seeing pictures online. I agree with everything else though. Been to a few and that's pretty much my sentiment exactly, or it could mean that you're Gay or Asexual or something.  

• Like 2

My girlfriend has been working at a strip club for about a year now. I wasn't sure about it at first, but I thought about it a bit, and I decided it was kind of hot that men would literally hurl cash at a girl to see her boobs and get a lap dance from her, only for her to come home and fuck me for free :P

She seems to like working there overall. Its done wonders for her confidence and she makes a boatload of cash, and for the most part the staff are very nice to her and do a good job making her feel safe. The only thing she really complains about is the insane amount of gross creeps that come in through the door. Mostly people trying to solicit sex, ask her to come home with them, try and whip their dicks out or touch her bits, etc.

Theres also plenty of good customers too. She mostly likes the people who will actually talk to her like a human being, or the really shy people that get dragged in by their sleezy friends.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Battlechili said:

Seeing naked chicks IRL isn't much different from seeing it on a screen. Its dumb. It wasn't attractive at all.

You sound like a virgin.

You also sound gay. 

Try a strip joint with naked men. I'm sure your opinion will change. 

Seeing other humans in person. Yeah... Totally the same as the internet.

You need to get out of the basement more. 

11 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Yeah, I'm calling bullshit on that part. Try putting a note in your teeth and see what happens. Physical interaction is a lot more different than seeing pictures online. I agree with everything else though. Been to a few and that's pretty much my sentiment exactly, or it could mean that you're Gay or Asexual or something.  

Mr. Fox diagnoses the gay.

11 hours ago, Newt said:

Y'all are gay. Tits are rad.

Indeed! Tits are rad. 

Third diagnosis here. Things are looking pretty gay.

6 hours ago, MuttButt said:

My girlfriend has been working at a strip club for about a year now. I wasn't sure about it at first, but I thought about it a bit, and I decided it was kind of hot that men would literally hurl cash at a girl to see her boobs and get a lap dance from her, only for her to come home and fuck me for free :P

She seems to like working there overall. Its done wonders for her confidence and she makes a boatload of cash, and for the most part the staff are very nice to her and do a good job making her feel safe. The only thing she really complains about is the insane amount of gross creeps that come in through the door. Mostly people trying to solicit sex, ask her to come home with them, try and whip their dicks out or touch her bits, etc.

Theres also plenty of good customers too. She mostly likes the people who will actually talk to her like a human being, or the really shy people that get dragged in by their sleezy friends.

Where does she work? I want a lap dance from here while I yell "yiff yiff murrrr murrr!"

12 hours ago, Vae said:

But I've always found something kind of sad about paying to see boobs you can't even touch.

At the place I went to, if you walked up and paid money they'd actually let you touch them. I wouldn't but...That's a thing.

12 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

35 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

You sound like a virgin.

You also sound gay. 

Try a strip joint with naked men. I'm sure your opinion will change. 

Seeing other humans in person. Yeah... Totally the same as the internet.

You need to get out of the basement more. 

I dunno. I know I'm not gay but I've considered myself bi for some time. I find girls attractive, I assure you. To me though, it just didn't feel like much different. Like I've seen this all before elsewhere, and better. I thought it would be more personal going there but I just felt repulsed by everything. Maybe I'd feel different if strip clubs weren't so...impersonal. How everything is for everyone to see and everything going on around me is something I don't like. The music, the people, the cigarette smoke...If that were all gone maybe I'd think differently.

8 minutes ago, Battlechili said:

At the place I went to, if you walked up and paid money they'd actually let you touch them. I wouldn't but...That's a thing.

I dunno. I know I'm not gay but I've considered myself bi for some time. I find girls attractive, I assure you. To me though, it just didn't feel like much different. Like I've seen this all before elsewhere, and better. I thought it would be more personal going there but I just felt repulsed by everything. Maybe I'd feel different if strip clubs weren't so...impersonal. How everything is for everyone to see and everything going on around me is something I don't like. The music, the people, the cigarette smoke...If that were all gone maybe I'd think differently.

There are people this way that call themselves demisexual, as in feeling attraction...but only if its on a personal level.

Not to say thats a real sexuality, though. It just seems more and fairly common that people just arent interested in being attracted to people intentionally attractive/provacative than what other people in society lead us to believe.

2 hours ago, Harbinger said:

Swap the bouncing tits for floppy dicks and i bet the geighsayers would change your minds :V

I cant ever imagine myself going to a strip club seeing as any friends i have are online, a cheaper way to see free tits would be going to the beach round Greece or Spain :B

Go to strip club alone, pay stripper to be your friend for the duration of your stay.

Neve leave.

I've never been to a strip club and if I ever do go to one, it'd probably be more for the experience than for the enjoyment, but other than that I'm kind of content with not going to one. especially not around here because most of them are in the middle of nowhere and look either run down or sleazy as hell.

On 1/5/2016 at 7:39 PM, Battlechili said:

I somehow got dragged to a strip club over new years while spending a few nights with some highschool and college friends at a get together, and I don't see the appeal.

They smell like cigarettes, and after you leave one your clothes and/or you yourself will likely smell like cigarettes for a good while unless you take a shower after you get home and wash your clothes or something. The stench seems to coat your clothes. It also costs a decent chunk of change to get in one, and that money could be better spent on something more permanent. And then its all for loud bad music that constantly plays and drowns out any possibility of talking with friends that are even sitting as close as next to you and PG-13 levels of nudity. I don't get it. There are far lewder more inappropriate more accessible and cheaper things available online. Seeing naked chicks IRL isn't much different from seeing it on a screen. Its dumb. It wasn't attractive at all. Plus sometimes the girls working there or also just other people there will come and try talking to you or sitting next to you invading your personal space. Its awkward enough being at a strip club, why do people or even those working there want to speak personally with you? Its uncomfortable. And the whole concept of the thing feels sleezy, especially the idea of paying more money up next to the girls working there for more personal dancing and/or a bit of physical contact. And yet people did it like it was nothing, and the girls there just smile and talk about it like its just people having fun. Like, HOW? And WHY? Everything feels icky and touching anything, let alone other people there makes me want to wash my hands. I feel like I wasted my money and might have had more fun staying alone at the cabin all my friends were staying at instead of going out with them to this place. They all had fun, but I couldn't.

Strip clubs suck.

New Title: Awkward virgin male nerd tries to go into strip club and fails because girls creep him out.

I don't blame you though. I feel okay being intimate with people I know well or feel comfortable with, complete strangers weird me out though.

Some thoughts, though. About the girls coming up and talking to you and "invading your personal space", THAT'S THEIR JOB YOU NUMBSKULL. Ahem. Haven't you ever heard of a lap dance? They're supposed to come up, hang out with you, tease you, wiggle their tits at you. If you give them money maybe they'll bounce on your crotch bulge a little, or let you fondle their nipples for a minute. Kinda the whole idea.

Also, I'm curious to what kind of strip club you went to if it smelled like cigarettes and it was pg-13? There are various levels of strip clubs. Although I've never been in one for pleasure, I've had to deliver things to them before so I know of a few. There's the backwater strip club, cheap, seedy, usually near a trailer park or in bumfuck nowhere. I've been in one of those before. Then there's higher-end gentlemen's clubs, usually cleaner, shinier, and the decor and women are better. For instance, the Hustler's club, which there's one here in the Detroit area. Plus, there's a difference in types of clubs. Topless clubs only show tits. Fully nude bars they're almost completely naked. In Michigan, the nude ones couldn't sell alcohol by law, so that meant a lot stuck to just being topless. I think this has changed because at least one of the nice strip clubs nearby is fully nude. But in any case, around Detroit there's the shitty poor ones, the middle range ones, and the high end ones like Flynt's Hustler, the Landing Strip, Deja Vu, ect...  mostly concentrated on 8 mile road. Those high end ones probably don't smell like smoke as much.

Still, you sound like a whiny virgin nerd. "it's all icky and why are these girls rubbing on me...."

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Crazy Lee said:

New Title: Awkward virgin male nerd tries to go into strip club and fails because girls creep him out.

I don't blame you though. I feel okay being intimate with people I know well or feel comfortable with, complete strangers weird me out though.

Some thoughts, though. About the girls coming up and talking to you and "invading your personal space", THAT'S THEIR JOB YOU NUMBSKULL. Ahem. Haven't you ever heard of a lap dance? They're supposed to come up, hang out with you, tease you, wiggle their tits at you. If you give them money maybe they'll bounce on your crotch bulge a little, or let you fondle their nipples for a minute. Kinda the whole idea.

Also, I'm curious to what kind of strip club you went to if it smelled like cigarettes and it was pg-13? There are various levels of strip clubs. Although I've never been in one for pleasure, I've had to deliver things to them before so I know of a few. There's the backwater strip club, cheap, seedy, usually near a trailer park or in bumfuck nowhere. I've been in one of those before. Then there's higher-end gentlemen's clubs, usually cleaner, shinier, and the decor and women are better. For instance, the Hustler's club, which there's one here in the Detroit area. Plus, there's a difference in types of clubs. Topless clubs only show tits. Fully nude bars they're almost completely naked. In Michigan, the nude ones couldn't sell alcohol by law, so that meant a lot stuck to just being topless. I think this has changed because at least one of the nice strip clubs nearby is fully nude. But in any case, around Detroit there's the shitty poor ones, the middle range ones, and the high end ones like Flynt's Hustler, the Landing Strip, Deja Vu, ect...  mostly concentrated on 8 mile road. Those high end ones probably don't smell like smoke as much.

Still, you sound like a whiny virgin nerd. "it's all icky and why are these girls rubbing on me...."

Cray Lee lays it down. Shy semi-gay virgin is confused by the strip joint. 

Get a lap dance when they play Motley Crue.

Edited by #00Buck

Some buddies and I went to a strip club for a friend's 18th birthday.  Not really my cup of tea for multiple reasons, but he was super into it.  He paid for a personal lap dance and the girl let him feel her up and everything.  Spent quite a bit of money, too.

Just knowing that the girls (at least those where I went) often did more than lap dances, that was an instant turn off.

Overall it just felt awkward, from start to finish. And yes, the girl coming at me acting like she was interested to hear about me and my life was the most insincere interaction I've ever had and totally felt like invasion of my personal space. My wallet was what she was interested in. And she asked like, $20 for a dance. That's it? -_-

12 hours ago, Jerry said:

Overall it just felt awkward, from start to finish. 

Thats because strip clubs are beta as fuck. You have to pay to go look at bodies you would fantasize over without going home to fuck it. Why not just go to a bar/club and use your game to have casual sex since its 2015 and long after the sexual revolution?

Oh yeah, because they got no game. There are two things evident in the air of every strip palace, desperation and cigarette smoke. 

• Like 1

On 7.1.2016 at 5:01 AM, Crazy Lee said:

I feel like this would apply to most of us

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Butters said:

Oh yeah, because they got no game. There are two things evident in the air of every strip palace, desperation and cigarette smoke. 

They can say the things a socially awkward nitwit would say and not worry about getting a foot in the ass...unless they get too fresh with the dancers. At that point, the only foot in your ass you'd have to worry about is the bouncer.