What Do You Collect?

Sidewalk Surfboard

Just now, Señor Sal said:

You have also thrown ramen seasoning packets all over the damned place.

You had a bucket of hundreds of the things. Who the fuck eats ramen plain and KEEPS the seasoning for later? 

don't get me started on the book shelf that housed nothing but mountain dew bottles

Here is my Neopets collection. It is still small enough to be captured in one pic. For awhile I was buying a few plushies per paycheck and I'm going to start doing that again so I can have the entire collection. My first target is the KeyQuest series as it is my favorite~

CAM00883.thumb.jpg.9f7766bc18c39d4488d5c

Aaaand my Pokemon collection~ I have more shirts but I couldn't find them and my dogs were getting antsy about not being able to step in this section of the room. 

CAM00887.thumb.jpg.cc10275ba9a9a5dd88f45

CAM00888.thumb.jpg.ada6528ce26d2f6f20d76

CAM00890.thumb.jpg.1774abe6fd2df838f252a

CAM00891.thumb.jpg.db355fcdeaddaa8038d06CAM00894.thumb.jpg.e0120f8821ddb46828925

CAM00895.thumb.jpg.e5f1a0beccd55ff2880eb

I also have a Warrior Cats collection (almost all the books) and a small manga and anime collection but they aren't too impressive. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Caledonian said:

pfff. I'll check the box when I get home.

here i a picture of me laying in my "flag pit" aka my bed when the flags are out of the box.

SheepataUnpeacetalk.jpg

I'd might have to keep an eye out for a Eureka & Australian flag to add to your collection then.

2 hours ago, Misomie said:

Here is my Neopets collection. It is still small enough to be captured in one pic. For awhile I was buying a few plushies per paycheck and I'm going to start doing that again so I can have the entire collection. My first target is the KeyQuest series as it is my favorite~

Aaaand my Pokemon collection~ I have more shirts but I couldn't find them and my dogs were getting antsy about not being able to step in this section of the room. 

CAM00887.thumb.jpg.cc10275ba9a9a5dd88f45

CAM00888.thumb.jpg.ada6528ce26d2f6f20d76

CAM00891.thumb.jpg.db355fcdeaddaa8038d06CAM00894.thumb.jpg.e0120f8821ddb46828925

CAM00895.thumb.jpg.e5f1a0beccd55ff2880eb

I also have a Warrior Cats collection (almost all the books) and a small manga and anime collection but they aren't too impressive. 

I'm jelly beans

11 hours ago, Aouzy said:

I used to collect hockey cards when I was 10 and before that was Yu-Gi-Oh cards. I don't have the money to collect things right now, but I really want to collect something.

I've got a pretty big folder of Doom wads so I guess that means I'm collecting those now.

doom.PNG.c0366ce7c08d7118e3e0b772d0ffbab

The entirety of DOOM is only 11MB, isn't it? How many bloody .wads do you have?! :P 

7 minutes ago, Kaedal said:

The entirety of DOOM is only 11MB, isn't it? How many bloody .wads do you have?! :P 

Well there's also Doom 2, TNT and Evilution to take into accounts, but Aouzy wins the title as .wad collector though, I only have 1.37 GB of Doom related files.

1408752778429.gif.64375a37120c85dcd40bac

Only now that I'm looking at this thread I'm realizing that I've had a lot of collections growing up. I'll see if I can get good pictures of what I have later so I can post those too.

The first thing I've ever collected were postcards; I remember I was in kindergarten and I already had this huge hoard of more than an hundred, but I lost interest in it eventually. Later in the years I found out that my best friend kept collecting them while growing up and ended up with more than a thousand. I decided to give my postcards to her since she's still interested.

Then when the Pokèmon craze started out I began collecting the trading cards, and I mostly bought the pre-made decks because I actually wanted to play with them, but no one in my school knew or understood the rules >_> I stopped buying the decks after the Neo expansion came in, and then I remember seldomly buying some booster packs until the third generation Pokèmon were announced. I gave away most of the duplicates, but I still have all my rare cards (which aren't a lot unfortunately) along with others in a tin box.

When I got into a rockband I started collecting guitar picks: at the beginning it was mostly like "oh I've played at this gig with this pick so I'll get another one and I'll keep this as a memory" but then I just bought them because they were cute. xP Years later the band split up and with that I stopped getting new picks, but I like the idea of collecting them so I might restart one day. I think I still have more than 30 of them. I'd like to get one of those concert picks the bands usually flick out from the stage, but I've never been lucky enough to catch one!

In the same period I was somewhat obsessed with this idea of collecting guitars and I managed to get two electric guitars, two electric bass (basses? Is that the plural?) and one classical guitar, but for economical problems and the ever-present matter of "where the fuck am I going to put all these things?" I had to sell away the two electric guitars and one of the bass(es).

5 hours ago, Bloodshot_Eyes said:

I have an acoustic guitar, an electric/acoustic with a cutaway, a classical acoustic guitar, two electric guitars, a bass, and a ukulele. 

I need to get the wiring redone for the bass and one of the electrics, but they still play acoustically. 

And this is why I'm envying you so much right now. *W* I'd love to see pictures of those.

My most recent collection and the one that is still going on is Game Boy/Game Boy Color games and accessories. I started out wanting to collect more systems, but then I realized the Game Boy has always been my alltime favourite childhood videogame and the one I'm most familiar with, so I stuck with it. I currently have 40 cartridges, more or less, but I keep getting new stuff pretty regurarly, especially when it's cheap.
I got some first gen Pokèmon memorabilia that kinda goes along with the games collection, but I don't want to get too much into that because I know I would end up with huge amounts of stuff, and at the moment I really don't have the room for that. At one point I wanted to get a side-collection of the coins used in the Pokèmon trading card game, but then I saw the prices of some and... I'm just glad I didn't start with it. xD

On 13/1/2016 at 11:53 AM, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

IMG_20160113_023510.jpg.b438b701a1a531e3

That. is. so. cool. *O*

Too much effort to grab all of my collection to take a new picture, but this was taken on Christmas. I collect Studio Ghibli movies and related items, but this features Miyazaki creations only (which really covers most of my collection). Not pictured is a blue Totoro plush, Totoro windchime, Howl's Moving Castle picture book, The Art of Kiki's Delivery Service, Jiji keychain, Kiki skater-style dress, and probably other things I can't think of off the top of my head. I use to have a Totoro glass cup a long time ago, but it broke. And yes, I do have 3 variants of Princess Mononoke.

SAM_6741.thumb.JPG.e621c230c91ba30c71298

other things I actively collect include TsumTsums, phone charms, and alpaca plush. will probably snap pics of these things another time.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Kaedal said:

Wads these days take up a lot of space with all the stuff they're putting in them. Things like Project Brutality and DoomRPG are over 200 MB : V My Zandronum folder is bigger.

• Like 1

i don't have any space or money at the moment, so none of my collections are very big. 

Pictured: things I currently collect (coins, dead things, glass bottles/jugs... and discarded hoop earrings, of which there are currently 3 draped over one of the bottles)

Not pictured: things I no longer actively collect (rocks, dolls, cross jewelry, bottle caps) and things I would like to collect but don't currently have enough to consider a collection (Halloween decorations, Santa-related things)

Also not pictured: things I used to collect but don't have any more (drink tabs, hats, ceramic figures, ticket stubs, beanie babies, pokemon cards)

i'm about to just add "collections" to my list of things i collect, tbh

001.JPG

002.JPG

005.JPG

007.JPG

Edited by Gator

17 hours ago, Gamedog said:

No, I need pics of these baby ears don't ruin this for me

You sick fuck.

16 hours ago, Khaki said:

Probably about as dull of an edge as are the blades in his knife collection.

Actually they're all sharp. Most of them are utility or hunting knives and so completely functional.

On 1/14/2016 at 3:46 AM, Brass said:

You had a bucket of hundreds of the things. Who the fuck eats ramen plain and KEEPS the seasoning for later? 

don't get me started on the book shelf that housed nothing but mountain dew bottles

You kids are like an old, bickering couple. Why not make out for me, just a little bit. That would please me.

On 1/14/2016 at 4:39 AM, Misomie said:

My eight-year-old niece would be all over that, you two should hang out.

I sorta grew tired of collecting stuff. Makes for more shit to move around. But hey, I wasn't into the smallest things out there. Commercial/industrial lighting equipment is usually pretty large-sized X3

Among the larger things I have there are mercury vapour barn lights that I found in the scrap metal heap during my trips to the local recycle centre. Even though I want to simply stop the madness, I couldn't resist taking this one home, plus another one.

normal_SYL_S5-400C_PWRBRCKT.jpg

Or this industrial high bay that I got when I was in my electricity program in tech school

normal_20121206_122426.jpg

Or simply a crapload of lighting fixtures

normal_20130607_140239.jpg

And more fixtures

normal_Peerless1XF40Fixtures.jpg

Oh and did I mention more fixtures?

normal_20121027_131608.jpg

The top one in this picture is actually quite old and lit my workbench before my parents sold the house

normal_100_1188.JPG

Here, I had some time to take pics of my useless plastic crap. :V (After waiting for nothing short of an eternity to upload on Imgur, somehow.)

So these are the guitar/bass picks...
7OLuog2.jpg

And this is the Game Boy/GBC collection. There's some GBA stuff thrown in there as well, and the picture doesn't include the warranties and other paper stuff that came with the boxed consoles/games and the wooden box I use to keep my unboxed cartridges. The Green cartridge at the bottom is a Pokèmon Green custom cart, made last year; it actually plays the original Green game. The "Marvel VS Capcom" game manual has nothing to do with the rest of the stuff, but I got it from my boyfriend who used to have a Sega collection, so it just sits with the rest of the manuals. Aaand that's it I suppose! Time to put everything back in order x.x
HOckDCR.jpg

On 14/1/2016 at 10:39 AM, Misomie said:

That "Morphological diversity of Pokèmon species" booklet looks very interesting, and I've never seen it before. Is it fan-made or official?

19 hours ago, Valery91Thunder said:

That "Morphological diversity of Pokèmon species" booklet looks very interesting, and I've.  never seen it before. Is it fan-made or official?

It's a fan made booklet that I bought at Fanime's Artist Alley last year. It has different evolutionary paths/morphs for pokemon such as different forms for Espeon and Umbreon depending on time of day or night.

• Like 1

I collect old postcards that have writing on them and have been postmarked and stamped. I love the idea of getting a small glimpse into a moment of someone's life, and the cards themselves are just so unique and gorgeous. The oldest one I have is from 1896 I believe, just a simple card letting someone know their check was mailed. I also have a card from the World Fair in St. Louis that's worth $45. You can hold it up to the light and the light will shine through the windows of the building :o I also have a really cool card that has a squeaker in it, and surprisingly it still works!