Things that you hate! v2

Sar

Since the rage thread cannot contain my anger, centrelink, their service is terrible and could easily save me a lot of stress by sending a text just as they do while a claim is progressing. I'm just very upset :c

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Hux said:

Being rejected by my own family and being the odd one out at gatherings. It sucks when your own relatives do nothing but shit on you for being an ugly unemployed loser.

I need to get a pet or something.

Ouch, heyI dont even have it that bad. Sorry, Hux

If it helps, you should do better for yourself not for your family. And assuming you can take care of it I 110% suggest the pet thing.

I've been called "the unicorn" at my family gathering because of my tendency to dissappear, lol :v

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Ouch, heyI dont even have it that bad. Sorry, Hux

If it helps, you should do better for yourself not for your family. And assuming you can take care of it I 110% suggest the pet thing.

I've been called "the unicorn" at my family gathering because of my tendency to dissappear, lol :v

/Hux whine

I'm the whipping boy. They only drag me out to ridicule me and laugh at my expense. They love to talk about how wealthy, attractive, and successful they are in comparison. The only one who stands up for me is my mother and they browbeat her when does.

I'm just going to cut ties with everyone except my mother. I don't need to be subjected to their abuse anymore. I need to stop living for other people and start being more callous towards others. I always go out of my way to be kind and sociable and all they ever do is lash out at me.

I feel subhuman. I miss my dog. My dog liked me.

Well, this is depressing and I don't want to pollute the site with more self-pity and other furry bullshit. Here's a cute puppy:

IGiZqYNl.jpg

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Hux said:

/Hux whine

I'm the whipping boy. They only drag me out to ridicule me and laugh at my expense. They love to talk about how wealthy, attractive, and successful they are in comparison. The only one who stands up for me is my mother and they browbeat her when does.

I'm just going to cut ties with everyone except my mother. I don't need to be subjected to their abuse anymore. I need to stop living for other people and start being more callous towards others. I always go out of my way to be kind and sociable and all they ever do is lash out at me.

I feel subhuman. I miss my dog. My dog liked me.

Well, this is depressing and I don't want to pollute the site with more self-pity and other furry bullshit. Here's a cute puppy:

IGiZqYNl.jpg

Nah brah, dont close of and go grinchey just cuz youre family are dicks. Be nice to people who will actually repay your care. (And just ignore those who dont)

Good luck, Hux!

Also puppy is cute

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Man fuck those guys and their pizza pie and their banana banana terracotta pie what the hell man, down with their fucking system, man

AND THEIR DAMN STEPSON ATE THE FISH!

On 8/28/2016 at 2:27 AM, Lopaw said:

The term software engineering and software engineer. Seeing as software is written and putting those written instructions into a device to be run is called programming it ,I strongly think software engineering should be named computer programming and those skilled in doing this called programmers. (this isn't knocking the profession, I tried doing it and found I can code better than beginner level but nowhere near professional level)

IMO only the following can call themselves a engineer:

People maintaining/operating big industrial engines or locomotives (oldest use of the term)

People who have done at least a degree in a field related to mechanical, electrical , civil or chemical engineering, (those with qualification below a degree but above basic school qualifications/ in training can be called engineering technicians)

The person you call on to fix your white goods or sort out a gas leak should also stop misusing the term engineer unless they meet the above requirements.

Always thought "Computer Engineers" were people who designed and built the actual HARDWARE for computers, not the software.

Just now, Sir Gibby said:

They're like the kind you find in pubs. Covered in salt and greasy. I want to lose weight and I know that nuts are a good source of nutrition, but shitloads of salt is not.

Not sure if my subtle innuendo was missed. x3

Anyway, yes, you are right that salted nuts are best avoided.

1 minute ago, Sir Gibby said:

They're like the kind you find in pubs. Covered in salt and greasy. I want to lose weight and I know that nuts are a good source of nutrition, but shitloads of salt is not.

They are nutritious and all, but even unsalted nuts are chock full of fat.

52 minutes ago, Snagged Cub said:

When I am eating, I hate biting into my tongue

Or your cheek. Then you get a giant canker sore on the side of your mouth.

I hate this trending modern design of getting rid of the arrow buttons on scroll bars and making them really thin.

u5GcLBj.png

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, DrDingo said:

People made me grow a beard

And now people are telling me it looks good and I should keep it

Problem is, I don't like beards

Dudebro if you dont like it dont do it. Your problem is you care too much, be a baby faced man who wears cute ass shirts who cares?

I like the beard but its of no concern of mine if you dont have it, either. You still look fine either way

• Like 2

I hate cramps. Especially in the shower.

I hate lip smacking.

I hate people that try to interact with me after I tell them to fuck off.

I hate people that cause problems and blame it on me.

I hate lying that negatively affects people. (Not to be confused with sarcasm)

I hate people that bring up obviously unwanted dead and cancerous memes.

I hate judgmental pricks.

I hate this twitch in my eye.

I hate my annoying little sister that won't stop at anything to bug me.

I hate teachers that don't know how to do their job.

I hate when my parents get mad at me for having my own opinion.

I hate seeing people suffer. (Unless they're assholes. In that case I will be happy to watch them get fucked by life.)

So I decided to go to Michigan's Adventure, an amusement park on the other side of the state. And it went as well as you'd think.

So I'm sitting there trying to get ready to go. I'm trying to throw some podcasts on my phone for the 3 hour drive across the state. Wifi is down. Dammit. Okay, forget downloading podcasts, just throw the ones you have already onto the phone.

2 customers call. They're whining and they want me to fix some shit for them. Seems the person covering for me fucked up. So, have to drive into work for about 20 minutes to fix it.

Also, have to stop by gas station, tire is a bit low. Fuel up car as well.

On my way across the state. Boy is this boring. FUCK, I forgot sunscreen. Oh well, it's fucking overcast so who cares.

Stop for bathroom break, and to get something to eat. Get to Grand Rapids and there's a thunderstorm. Oh fucking wonderful. Also, in some spots they had construction, and in one spot the highway was down to one lane. JOY.

Then I get to Muskegon, where the park is, and the highway turns into a road (I was supposed to switch highways), and I get lost in Muskegon. FUCK YES.

Finally, I arrive at the park. At 4pm. No problem, the park's open until 9pm right? Plenty of ti.....
The 9pm closing is weekends, it's a Tuesday and the park closes at 7pm......

fuuuuu.jpg

Wally-World.png

Thankfully the park was mostly empty, I ended up parking 3 spaces from the entrance. And I did enjoy the park, the waterpark portion of it was the best.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

I hate that I haven't been able to get a job yet. I'm 16, so I can get a job, but I don't know how to fill out an application.

They're easy, and pretty self explanatory. In fact for most places you can apply online, or just pick up an application to take home. 

Alternatively you can go to some form of unemployment office. Here in New Mexico we have Workforce Connection, which maintains a list of openings and requirements in the area, and helps people with applications or resumes and that sort of thing.  

• Like 1

I suppose I don't really hate it; it is more just something I have noticed lately.

A lot of people are using a double c where they would have used ck.

'Good lucc', 'a thicc wodge of cash', 'the service succed'.

I am a little surprised, because if English is changing, I would have expected that compound consonants would be replaced by simpler more intuitive versions, like 'Good luk', 'a thik wodge of cash', 'the service suked' where the redundant c is dropped. Double c is actually more ambiguous than ck.

13 minutes ago, Saxon said:

I suppose I don't really hate it; it is more just something I have noticed lately.

I am a little surprised, because if English is changing, I would have expected that compound consonants would be replaced by simpler more intuitive versions, like 'Good luk', 'a thik wodge of cash', 'the service suked' where the redundant c is dropped. Double c is actually more ambiguous than ck.

image.png

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Saxon said:

English isn't changing, it's memespeak. 

• Like 2

I hate how hard it is to study the history of English as a hobby in the U.S.A.. One can get as far back as the 1600s before finding a large number of original texts becomes impossible without air travel, and one can only get back as far as the 1300s before finding a large number of digital and re-printed texts becomes extremely difficult.

Also, it is odd when any random person says that Shakespeare or Chaucer wrote in Old English, but it is more than annoying when a person that spent years studying Shakespeare and Chaucer says that the two men wrote in Old English. They should well know what Middle English or Modern English are, and there is no reason to call their English 'old' when that could confound one's understanding of Old English. Antiquated would be less confusing and Elizabethan would be more accurate for Shakespeare.

3 hours ago, Saxon said:

Possibility of trickling into conventional speech. Like esoteric slang words sometimes find their way in.

While the esoteric nature of it is debatable, even 'do' may be one of those words. You don't find the OE dón in any form in Beowulf because it would have been too specific. I can only really think of something a god or king might do that would require regular use of dón. It really only started being widely-used the modern way as a kind of slang auxiliary verb in the 1400s; however, Chaucer may be the first person to have written it in a way that makes sense to a modern speaker because Chaucer took all kinds of slang and made it formal.

Now we do everything.

5 hours ago, Endless/Nameless said:

English isn't changing, it's memespeak. 

One could cut out hundreds of lines from The MIller's Tale and replace them with "Get cucked, skrub" and it would probably make more sense to a modern audience than any current translation. Even the comment/prologue could be summed up as "Prudes beware, she give the succ." The rest still seems to hold up. "This Nicholas just then let fly a fart / As loud as it had been a thunder-clap, / And well-nigh blinded Absalom, poor chap" as a translation is pretty good, for example.

Chaucer was a proto-memelord.

• Like 3

Driving down a 2-lane road, speed limit's 45mph. This person in a van is doing 25-30mph. So, eventually me and a whole line of cars get stuck behind her, including the asshole in the red Ram truck right behind me tailing me dangerously close, because that's what blue-collar white trash in trucks do. He probably loves trump as well, because he's fucking stupid. No college education, either.

So I'm stuck between two idiots. What's worse is that around curves the van slows to 10mph. Finally, we hit a section with more lanes, and the Ram flys by blasting his redneck horn. I pass the woman as well and see it's some old woman in her 70s... old but like Golden Girls old, not Senior home old. I flipped her off hardcore and blasted my horn. Someone needed to take her license away and put her in a home if she was gonna do that shit.

Having tiny little wrists and tiny little fingers in a market that expects you to be able to fill out a size 8 ring or an 8-inch bracelet.

Like I like the way I look, but goddamn.
Good luck finding jewelry in that size that isn't for fucking 6-year-olds.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vae said:

Having tiny little wrists and tiny little fingers in a market that expects you to be able to fill out a size 8 ring or an 8-inch bracelet.

Like I like the way I look, but goddamn.
Good luck finding jewelry in that size that isn't for fucking 6-year-olds.

I feel your pain! only I have the opposite problem. Everything i need is way too small :( 

3 minutes ago, 6tails said:

I must ask, why are you not wearing full-protection PPE around hot metal? Face shield, apron, elbow-length leather gloves or better.

Shit I wear a full face shield for even basic soldering! Hot acid flux to the face is NOT FUN. I have a pit right below my eye from that.

I have a welding mask down when actual welds are being made, but I flip up my mask when not welding due to it making everything darker and less clear. I still wear safety goggles at all times. Normally flux comes off real easily and gentle taps with the hammer suffice, but my classmate was whacking quite hard and launching bits everywhere.

I hate it when people say something to you in a normal tone from a distance whilst you are currently operating machinery or surrounded by heavy background noise and expect you to be able to understand what they are stating, or even when outside of that, when people fail to even speak clearly and talk in mumbled or hushed tones and expect me to have to translate their language into english every time.

Also those whiny high pitched sounds that electronics can make some times, it's like listening to a high pitched dog whistle, it's annoying and chances are I am probably the only person in the room who can hear it.

Also ropes, cables and hoses should never be left on the ground in a mess, I hate untangling that stuff.

21 minutes ago, 6tails said:

I must ask, why are you not wearing full-protection PPE around hot metal? Face shield, apron, elbow-length leather gloves or better.

Shit I wear a full face shield for even basic soldering! Hot acid flux to the face is NOT FUN. I have a pit right below my eye from that.

Nothing says manly like doing arc welding in a singlet, shorts and thongs whilst enduring the sensation of hot welder's slag running down your chest. 

I also had the joy of treating some had the bright idea to use an angle grinder near their feet whilst wearing thongs, good thing he missed all the vital stuff or he would have been buggered, because

it would be one hell of a task trying to drag his heavy unconscious arse out of that place and stem the bleeding from an arterial wound at the same time.