Things that you hate! v2

Sar

I've just moved in with a bunch of new people at uni, and I was planning on being all cool and out there, but I just went.. shy. I'll only pitch in occasionally, and whenever someone starts talking to me I bumble like an awkward idiot

What's happening

I used to be great

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DrDingo said:

I've just moved in with a bunch of new people at uni, and I was planning on being all cool and out there, but I just went.. shy. I'll only pitch in occasionally, and whenever someone starts talking to me I bumble like an awkward idiot

What's happening

I used to be great

I lasted 6 days pretending to be a normal, sociable person. It went downhill from there lol

DO NOT LET THEM SEE WEAKNESS.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DrDingo said:

What's happening

I used to be great

Just relax. Be yourself, but be willing to go beyond your regular self when opportunity arises. Insert yourself, but don't force yourself to try being someone your not all the time. Keep your eyes and ears open and you will see those few golden opportunities to say "Hey, mind if I tag along?"

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Alexxx-Returns said:

I dunno, sometimes one person's testimony is enough to take down a terrible person.

I think what they're getting at is that it's a bad idea to orient ones self around the idea that any one of them could turn out to be a terrible person. A highly defensive posture as such generally makes it far more difficult to reach out and form new connections or deepen those you already have.

3 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Not really. When you take every other expense into consideration I'm as broke as a mofo. But it seems like a good deal if I can save about 1k.

With those costs this laptop better be able to play Ubisoft games on max settings in 60fps.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DrGravitas said:

Having to hold the DBA's hand through every little step because they apparently don't know how to make database design decisions. They asked ME, a Developer, to create the script to insert the table! Where do they pick up these retarded, incompetent people?!

I can only hope it was some obscure DDL. If it was MySQL, then dear lord...

Nah, we're a professional environment; we don't use my sql. He's new and I'm beginning to suspect management just crammed the first guy they found, regardless of qualifications, in the position left by the last DBA they had. SOP for the company >:\

4 minutes ago, Socketosis said:

I can only hope it was some obscure DDL. If it was MySQL, then dear lord...

• Like 1

"Girl on the internet syndrome."

"Teeheehee oops I'm so gross~ Here's these pics of me that totally weren't taken 500 times so I could get three good ones where the angle and my makeup don't look atrocious!~
Whoops, my cleavage is in this shot. That ttly wasn't intentional!
Teeheehee.
Don't hit on me silly boys ew"

Like how attention-starved in rl do you even have to be.

• Like 4

People who take their anger out on me like children 

someone came in and said they need help

i said we are busy and I can't help them ATM, there is a backlog, I will help them when I can

unaccetable! 

i say I'm sorry and I'm doing my best 

they accuse me of not being sorry, selling them a faulty product (it was not faulty, and I didn't sell them it), and that they will call the BBB on me

my coworker says he will help

he goes to help them and Customer proceeds to threaten him as well

• Like 1

So, it turns out another customer called up our customer service rep and yelled at her for 15 minutes or so, supposedly because I did not prepare his delivery in the way he wanted it. Normally, not a big deal, I could fix it easily. But no, whiny ass customer had to act like it was the end of the world. So now, we're expected to wrap the periodicals in a certain way... all of them. In a way that slows me down.

Most of the people I deal with are great, nice people but then I get the whiny assholes, and since most of my customers are older people, it's one of those "I'm old and fought in nam so I deserve special treatment" whiners. There are kids dying in Syria and you're complaining about the stupidest shit, which just shows the more rich a country becomes the pickier people become over tiny things.

This is why I don't work retail and would rather never work retail. Because if it had been me being screamed at for 15 minutes, and I know this sounds internet tough guy, but I would have been fired for screaming back, to the point their eyes melted out of their head like that Indiana Jones movie, their hair caught on fire, their head exploded, and what was left of their soul would be consumed by the demons I just unleashed. 

2 minutes ago, Vaer said:

I hate that I only feel like life is worth living is when I'm under the influence of alcohol or some other substances. 

pfwh30B.gif

Oh, that's sad to hear. I've also had times like this. 

Have you tried to get any help for this? It's nothing to feel ashamed over, just be gentle on yourself, and try and find somebody to talk to. I had several friends die from drinking/drugs, and it was sad, they were all too young...and, it's something I have worried about myself, off and on. Well, not sure if this helps, just know that you seem like a very nice fur, and I hope ya feel better, and if you ever wanna talk, my PM box is always open.

• Like 3

I hate that I decided not to go to the Renn Faire for the last weekend (even after some local furs offered free extra tickets). Wanted to finish up the costume, but forecast said rain all weekend so didn't bother. Turns out both days were pleasant (although it stormed late Saturday).

Also hate how there was this nice cloak for sale the last time I was there, exactly what I wanted, but it was $150. I don't even know what was in the price of that... maybe the material of the fabric, considering it was silk. But it was one layer, a rectangle piece of fabric with the top scrunched together and sewn to a hood, so easy to put together. If it was velvet or something I could understand.

And, hated the weather this week. Rained from Wed morning until very early Saturday. And was forecast to rain through late Sunday but that didn't happen. We had quite a bit of local flooding in low lying areas.

Having to spool through many datasheets and  manufactures sites to find suitable components.

The bipolar transistors I wanted (2N3053) to use to control the H bridge FETs have been marked NRND ( in English  meaning they are nearing obsolesce) so I am back to square one. This may be due to them going in old style metal can packages sort rather than plastic ones.

At least I settled on all the other parts I need.

Could be worse, germanium transistors are apparently very sought after by music and ham radio  sorts for the sounds given and they haven't been made in dacades.

I am sorry if nobody else understands what I am on about.

• Like 1