If your furry setting is modern

VGmaster9

If your furry setting is modern  

21 members have voted

1. 1. How would your modern setting be?

• Regular Modern
    • Modern with fantasy and/or sci-fi elements

If you had a modern furry setting, would it be like our modern times or would it also have elements of fantasy and/or science fiction? For me, it would have both. on top of being in a modern setting, not only would there be things like magic and fantastical beings and place, but there would also exist slightly advanced technology that we're not yet capable of. It really adds flavor to the modern setting.

IfIf I were to do a modern setting. It would be a normal setting, but off.

Perhaps a new religion that doesn't occur in our world that many citizens worship, maybe the history is completely alternate with certain changes that are different to our society today.

This world would have  a strange mystical feeling over it, without there directly being magic. Like there's always something strange and magical hovering over the world, a supernatural tinge as opposed to outright fantasy.

Something there, but always off in the corner of your eye.

• Like 3

I've always been kind of a sucker for sci-fi, mostly fueled by my love for Star Wars, Star Trek, and Mass Effect.  FTL travel between star systems, terra-forming, etc.  Magic exists, but power is drawn from organic surroundings, so people are unable to use it in deep space.  Ship-mounted weaponry is plasma based, but development has only progressed to the point where the smallest unit is field artillery.  Personal weaponry still relies on ballistics.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rabbit Head said:

IfIf I were to do a modern setting. It would be a normal setting, but off.

Perhaps a new religion that doesn't occur in our world that many citizens worship, maybe the history is completely alternate with certain changes that are different to our society today.

This world would have  a strange mystical feeling over it, without there directly being magic. Like there's always something strange and magical hovering over the world, a supernatural tinge as opposed to outright fantasy.

Something there, but always off in the corner of your eye.

That's pretty interesting.

That might be something I would explore too.

Well, I mean, every story concept has taken place in some sort of society like that.

Think Shadow Hearts and that's the type of world I'd love to create.

Having fantasy and sci fi AND  modern can be overkill if you do it wrong

My fursona lives in a normal modern but alternate timeline. In a sense its fantasy because the place doesnt exist, but all it really is is a post-apocalyptic society

As in, nuch of the technology and architecture is still there but not as prevalent. Society sort of reverted back into a feaudal/medieval phase where many use swords and the like. Theres a significant amount of abandoned buildings and nature has taken some of it back. Populations are small and so are villages and towns

well my setting is modern with sci-fi as my fursona is a literally flawless character with unfathomable godlike characteristics :3 don't ever try and RP fight him because he will always win because he is basically like god :3

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 0:02 PM, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

Elements of sci-fi and/or fantasy can add so much to characters, groups and lore. It really helps set something apart and make it more memorable.

Come to think of if, such would apply to pretty much any furry setting.

But in a modern setting there's endless possibilities. On top of having the primary world, you could have other planets, galaxies, and dimensions.

"Modern with fantasy and/or sci-fi elements"

I think it helps keep things internally consistent, and works with the fact that the countries, continents, businesses, etc. are also fictional. I'm not necessarily talking full-blown magic or spaceships, but maybe slightly more advanced or even retro-themed technology with a different spin, so it doesn't get in the way of my imagined universes or storytelling.

My setting is modern, but in this world, there was a chemical disaster 100s of years ago that lead to the almost complete annihilation of the human race. In desperation, humans mated with animals, and due to the chemicals, the human/animal creatures that ended up being born evolved quickly, and thus anthropomorphic animals are now the majority in the world, and humans are simply an important part in their evolution.

26 minutes ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

My setting is modern, but in this world, there was a chemical disaster 100s of years ago that lead to the almost complete annihilation of the human race. In desperation, humans mated with animals, and due to the chemicals, the human/animal creatures that ended up being born evolved quickly, and thus anthropomorphic animals are now the majority in the world, and humans are simply an important part in their evolution.

Dafuq is this :0

...remember kids, fucking animals makes furries real

50 minutes ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

giphy.gif

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

that's kinky

16 hours ago, Kosha said:

ur mom sucks

You're both bad people. 

See this is why the setting shouldn't be modern because then people like you exist in the setting and just ruin it with your mom jokes.

• Like 2

I have a fictional universe that is set in the far future in space, but has a very heavy Cold War aesthetic which I think is oddly contradictory. Like a future-past. A future with lots of relatively primitive technology and ugly machines. Like, a presence of ZX Spectrum-like home computers and an absence of magical star wars ships. Buuut it's not furry at all so I don't think that counts.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Sir Gibby said:

I have a fictional universe that is set in the far future in space, but has a very heavy Cold War aesthetic which I think is oddly contradictory. Like a future-past. A future with lots of relatively primitive technology and ugly machines. Like, a presence of ZX Spectrum-like home computers and an absence of magical star wars ships. Buuut it's not furry at all so I don't think that counts.

Retrofuturism. That is the word you're looking for.

I too love that sort of Science Fiction.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kosha said:

Beep boop boop beep boop ... beeep ... beeep ... KSHH EEEEEEE-EEEEEEEE-EEEEEEEEEE-BAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW-EEEEAAAAAEEEAAAAAAEEEEEEE KHKHSKSHKSHSHSHSHSHHSHSHSHHSHSHSHHSHSHSHHSHSSSSSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA EE PSSSSHHHHHHHHH

You've got mail!

• Like 3