The Ringtone Thread

Victor-933

17 minutes ago, Kosha said:

I use default ringtone and text alert, I'm basic as fuck.

I considered doing this, but then I noticed all the normies do it. Since my cellphone is literally the only way to contact me directly and immediately (outside of physically coming and finding me) and since nobody ever calls or texts me unless it's actually important, I wanted something I wouldn't mistake someone else's phone for.

4 minutes ago, Caledonian said:

my ringtone? Amazing Grace played on bagpipes
notification sound is the dalek EXTERMINATE
and my allarm clock is a steam wistle

Somehow I'm not surprised.

"Robotz Menu Popup.wav" from Microsoft Plus! for Windows 95 is my text message alert.  I can hear it without it annoying anyone around me.

My ringtone is whatever I can find that evokes the same feel as the scene from the first Matrix where the crew enters and is gathered around the ringing rotary phone (the scene that finishes with Morpheus answering, "We're in").  On the LG Extravert, it's the built-in ringtone "Spark," but I can't find a rip of it anywhere.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Victor-933 said:

I considered doing this, but then I noticed all the normies do it. Since my cellphone is literally the only way to contact me directly and immediately (outside of physically coming and finding me) and since nobody ever calls or texts me unless it's actually important, I wanted something I wouldn't mistake someone else's phone for.

I don't have a custom ringtone for a good reason. The only thing you could have as a ringtone that isn't annoying is a song you like. Since I hate talking on the phone I will now associate a song I love with the agony of awkwardness and now I hate the song. Same reason I don't make music my alarm.

• Like 1

I used only songs as ringtones.

For me, it was Kill Everybody (KOAN Sound Remix)

A few weeks ago, a nurse had Black Magic Woman as her ringtone. I said something about it (not in an angry, but interested sort of way) and she had a minor freak out. 

• 3 weeks later...