#HeterosexualPrideDay

Toshabi

I would say that I don't  care too much about it, but it's pretty clear that the whole thing is just created out of spite. As for the tolerance card? Both sides abuse it as use it as a means to tell people to be "complacent" and "don't  crit me bro" in one form or the other, and that's  not what true tolerance is.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Toshabi said:

But then begs the question about this "All are equal" farce that people within the community and on the left as a whole seem to spoon feed as ideology yet go back on it every single day with these special exceptions of "Well,... you see, you're not quite as oppressed as X is".  In fact, if it weren't for that notion being such a big factor in the community, I wouldn't have made this thread to begin with. It's a lot of double standards, and that's part of the reason why the politics of it all give me more of a migraine than anything else. 

There is no question. Well, not for me anyway.

Why does this stuff affect everyone else and not me?

I felt more oppressed by the random black dude who was walking his bike down the sidewalk today screaming something in Swahili. He apparently expected me to get out of his way. I wasn't moving. I'm not sure why he felt privileged, maybe because he was black or bigger than me, but I would have been more than happy to shove that bike right up his privileged ass if he tried anything stupid :V

I think in a lot of ways getting all angry about it kinda proves their point that straight people are villainized by some members of the LGB community.

As such, my attitude on it is pretty much "Okay, be proud if you want to."

Honestly, I think pride in sexuality is kinda dumb, it's not really much of a choice.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Cingal said:

I think in a lot of ways getting all angry about it kinda proves their point that straight people are villainized by some members of the LGB community.

As such, my attitude on it is pretty much "Okay, be proud if you want to."

Honestly, I think pride in sexuality is kinda dumb, it's not really much of a choice.

People most certainly do vilify "cis" people in the LGBT community.

Most people don't obviously since they're not complete faggots, but it is absolutely there.

I'm at a McDonald's atm, but if you need proof I can always provide it.

• Like 1

When I was younger and more naive I didnt understand why heterosexual pride was a bad thing because I thought it was normal and healthy for everyone to have some kind of pride in what they are so I was confused why it was bad and only gay people got pride

...in a perfect world that would be the case, because I think the gay master race thing makes it out to be like one sexuality is inherently more special (a la tumblr) and there are kids SEEKING OUT to be LGBT to be included in this whole new fadgasm of rainbow to feel included in something radical rather than be left out as a boring straight...rather, we shouldnt give a fuck what we are, we just are. If you're straight or gay it really couldnt be a big deal

Anyways, I alsi realize and understand that #hetpride is really just trying to undermine a movement, but still...both negative sides of it rub me the wrong way

1 hour ago, Cingal said:

This is pretty true.

I've seen people paint straight cis people as some kind of supervillain oppressor but then turn around and expect the same people they just went out of their way to shame and insult to back up their movement. One thing that keeps me on the fringe of the community, instead of wholly embracing it, is the toxic  victim mentality that seems so prevalent among members. I'm not even saying that people in the community don't have a right to be bitter, heck I know what it feels like to resent homophobes who don't have a clue, but I never have been able to tolerate being a victim.

For all the talk of pride sometimes it feels like there's no real dignity in the LGBT community. Some of us are so quick to excuse assholeish behavior if it's directed at the cis-het crowd when we know we wouldn't accept that kind of behavior were it directed at one of us. I hear it brushed off as "venting" and "it can't really hurt straight people". Seriously? That makes it ok? No the fuck it doesn't, that behavior is NEVER justified. I don't care how oppressed you are you don't get a free pass to stoop to that level and instead of looking the other way or making allowances I think it's time we started holding the community to a standard. I've seen people at pride parades, where parents brought children, running around in bondage gear and performing sex acts in public then crying oppression when they were told they had to stop doing it. In this day and age it's hard not to see some  members of the community as a bunch of mewling little cunts who want a free pass to be hateful and this doesn't just drive away straight people, it drives away some LGBT individuals and divides the community from within.

• Like 7

Basically:

It's bait.

There are some people who are genuinely celebrating it to undermine LGBT+ people.

Heterosexuality does not really need a pride day.

Some LGBT+ people on Twitter are taking it too far by being outright hateful and backwards.

But whatever group you're a part of, someone will take it too far. Some furries are zoos, some right-wingers are white supremacists, some muslims are terorrists, some left-wingers are complete hateful idiots etc.

It's just one of those internet things, really.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Cingal said:

I think in a lot of ways getting all angry about it kinda proves their point that straight people are villainized by some members of the LGB community

I don't think that's the point since I highly doubt they'd care.

Do you HONESTLY think that straight people feel repressed by the LGBT community? REALLY? ... >:c

IT IS A FARCE:

In theatre, a farce is a comedy that aims at entertaining the audience through situations that are highly exaggerated, extravagant, and thus improbable.

I have delighted in the irony of watching the LGBT community stoop to the language of the oppressors over this Pride thing. Personally I don't give a shit about any kind of festival as I am an introverted fuck, but seriously it is quite humorous seeing LGBT use exactly the same language against straights that straights use against them.

• Like 2

One important thing to remember in all of this is that "Pride" is and was not the intent of "Pride" celebrations. The main - and nearly only - reason they are associated with the word "Pride" is because people associated the other descriptions with revolution. Freedom, Liberty, Equality, Power, and Liberation Parades and other 'events' apparently do not sit well with American conservatives. Confusion about what "Pride" actually is leads to much of the hate; however, I'm not seeing people fighting as much as I am seeing some people pointing out what I just said over and over with the addition of "Gay liberation is nowhere near the same thing as straight liberation; you don't need a 'pride,' you're misunderstanding us" and other people interpreting that as unfair. I have no account so I don't know what is being filtered my way; though. I believe they removed both tags from trending.

If the hate was really intense, I guess this died out as quickly as it started. The most I saw was some old dude spouting some BS he thought was fact about gays and a young person telling him to delete his account.

On 6/29/2016 at 10:08 PM, #00Buck said:

Equality isn't about pointing out differences. 

Equality is not caring about differences. 

While this is very nearly the definition used pretty widely across the Americas, it is far from the only one. Prescriptive equality as equality of rights, equality of opportunity, equality of outcome, social equality, equality before god, equality before the law, and as individual equality, are just the tip of the iceberg of definitions for equality that have been argued about for as long as man has had half a mind to resist any type of oppression. Not surprisingly, many of those that suggest and popularize interpretations of equality do so for their own gain. This is without complicating the matter by realizing that equality, justice, fairness, and equity are so nearly intertwined in our language as to make clearly defining one without addressing the others nearly impossible.

When you suggest that true equality is ignoring differences, one person or another will inevitably point out that today's society is becoming increasingly distant from and wise to the values of Social Darwinism that spawned equality of opportunity and similar - grossly vague - definitions in not-so-nice-words. When those one-or-anothers do that,  much of the response they get tends to revolve around the misunderstanding that they want some kind of equality of outcome; though, this is almost never the case.

If it is any help, I asked my cat if anyone had a perfect, eternal, and usable definition of equality and she licked her ass.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MalletFace said:

One important thing to remember in all of this is that "Pride" is and was not the intent of "Pride" celebrations. The main - and nearly only - reason they are associated with the word "Pride" is because people associated the other descriptions with revolution. Freedom, Liberty, Equality, Power, and Liberation Parades and other 'events' apparently do not sit well with American conservatives. Confusion about what "Pride" actually is leads to much of the hate; however, I'm not seeing people fighting as much as I am seeing some people pointing out what I just said over and over with the addition of "Gay liberation is nowhere near the same thing as straight liberation; you don't need a 'pride,' you're misunderstanding us" and other people interpreting that as unfair. I have no account so I don't know what is being filtered my way; though. I believe they removed both tags from trending.

If the hate was really intense, I guess this died out as quickly as it started. The most I saw was some old dude spouting some BS he thought was fact about gays and a young person telling him to delete his account.

While this is very nearly the definition used pretty widely across the Americas, it is far from the only one. Prescriptive equality as equality of rights, equality of opportunity, equality of outcome, social equality, equality before god, equality before the law, and as individual equality, are just the tip of the iceberg of definitions for equality that have been argued about for as long as man has had half a mind to resist any type of oppression. Not surprisingly, many of those that suggest and popularize interpretations of equality do so for their own gain. This is without complicating the matter by realizing that equality, justice, fairness, and equity are so nearly intertwined in our language as to make clearly defining one without addressing the others nearly impossible.

When you suggest that true equality is ignoring differences, one person or another will inevitably point out that today's society is becoming increasingly distant from and wise to the values of Social Darwinism that spawned equality of opportunity and similar - grossly vague - definitions in not-so-nice-words. When those one-or-anothers do that,  much of the response they get tends to revolve around the misunderstanding that they want some kind of equality of outcome; though, this is almost never the case.

If it is any help, I asked my cat if anyone had a perfect, eternal, and usable definition of equality and she licked her ass.

Brevity is the soul of wit.

Shakespeare

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

Shakespeare

“Time after time, history demonstrates that when people don't want to believe something, they have enormous skills of ignoring it altogether.” 

i can quote people too.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, evan said:

“Time after time, history demonstrates that when people don't want to believe something, they have enormous skills of ignoring it altogether.” 

i can quote people too.

“Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit.”

Oscar Wilde

• Like 2

I just noticed all of the tweets with Bee Movie images. This is not acceptable.

29 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

Shakespeare

Shakespeare wrote that line as a joke, as Polonius - the guy saying it - was kind of useless and always wrong.

"This business is well ended.
My liege, and madam, to expostulate
What majesty should be, what duty is,
Why day is day, night night, and time is time,
Were nothing but to waste night, day and time.
Therefore, since brevity is the soul of wit,
And tediousness the limbs and outward flourishes,
I will be brief: your noble son is mad:
Mad call I it; for, to define true madness,
What is't but to be nothing else but mad?
But let that go."

It is the same reason Polonius' last words are "O, I am slain!" while everybody fails to notice him dying. He was supposed to be the joke, not the message.

20 minutes ago, evan said:

"I don't know why I came in this thread, actually."

Me.

I share that confusion reading threads that are obviously going to get heated.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

Dude I got the sickest nudes in town boy-o.

Like literally they're awful. Like they literally make me sick it's quite unfortunate tbh.

I've never vomited directly onto my keyboard before. 

P-pls.

Don't make me start now. 

T-thanks. 

23 hours ago, Kinharia said:

I have delighted in the irony of watching the LGBT community stoop to the language of the oppressors over this Pride thing. Personally I don't give a shit about any kind of festival as I am an introverted fuck, but seriously it is quite humorous seeing LGBT use exactly the same language against straights that straights use against them.

You see this same exact behavior with many of the whacko groups and sociopolitical movements that humans have tended to create over time. It's like, after a movement succeeds in satisfying its core objective, its common constituents and their respective leaders eventually begin to sue (nowadays, literally) for more and more freebies, power, and influence from the people whom they were originally pleading with for just a wee bit of sympathy and empathy. From then on, it begins to slowly entropy--from the inside out-- into something utterly grotesque and barely relatable to the movement's initial (often noble) mission statement. 

This has happened to two very prominent movements that had excellent momentum in America at one point in time: the Feminist Movement (started out as a completely rad and inspirational movement for the emancipation of Western women that devolved into a flat-out misandry cult for a bunch of bored matriarchs and butch lesbians with appalling rapidity) and the Civil Rights Movement (the conclusion of which engendered a disgustingly lucrative race industry worth millions of dollars and which led to an entire race of people being indoctrinated by the Cultural Left into sincerely believing that they are incapable of achieving even a modicum of success without the valiant assistance of some vaunted white liberal).

The LGBT community has likewise went down the shitter. Look at it. Shit's a massive joke compared to the badassery that existed during the Stonewall riots of the late '60s.

The same is slowly occurring with many of these "alternative right" shindigs. The Men's Rights Movement started out well enough what with its righteous insistence on fathers being granted equal custody rights and men not being automatically bent over a table and boned by a legal shlong over alimony and child support payments, but it's being packed to the rafters with bleating cavemen whom have literally coopted the same wimpy and pathetic talking points and gameplay tactics that lunatic feminists have been gunning with for the last ten to fifteen years. While undeniably littered with kernels of truth, just look at the unbridled insanity splattered all over r/redpill, Return of Kings, or Roosh V's personal website.

The quackery on those websites is truly unrivaled. It's out-and-out women bashing.

Again, a few bits of truth to be uncovered from the following, but then compare and contrast it with the crazy slathered all over r/bluepill or Feministing.com.

The nuttery is peerless. The misandry and racism on those websites is heartbreaking.

I've begun to articulate to pod-like, buffoonish traditional manchildren and entitled, narcissistic harpies that chivalrous behavior, from me, is special treatment reserved for special women in my life whom I have grown to respect and admire over an extended period of time. It's an extra goody that I hand out at my own personal discretion. I don't hand it out to every street dust ball that struts by me because I've noticed that an unhealthy integer of women (especially women in my age bracket) don't cherish it, don't deserve it, and I can almost guarantee you that at least 90 percent of them don't even know what the history of chivalry even fucking is.

TL;DR: Shitty human tribalism, an evolutionary leftover that won't go away because natural selection has mechanically determined that it still has some utilitarian value left going for it.

Other tribe bad, but MUH tribe is GUD.

• Like 2

On 6/29/2016 at 10:49 PM, Butters said:

That would make you a douche then, Toshabi. To side with your bigotry and actively discriminate and cause life to be harder for lgbt just because of some random mean tweets on twitter. Not to mention you wouldn't be much of an "ally" in the first place if you were "on the fence" about equality. Especially in this day and age with the amount of awareness and education that is at one's fingertips. (Which might explain why lgbt have had surges in support in these recent years)

He's saying that responding to bad things with bad things generates more bad things. He's not siding with bigotry.

Responding to people by speaking badly about a group of people in the form of a generalization because there are people acting badly in response to a group they don't like doesn't promote equality.

• Like 4