Apple Thread

Pignog

howlo furrends its me ur ol pal pig =^^=

so ive decided to improve my diet and one of the "foods" ive decide to experiment with are apples. you can do lots of amazing things with apples like make cider and get hammered

BUT apples go much deeper than that... i would like to open the floor to apple discussion. PLEASE, use this thread to:

• discuss the apple hierarchy. which ones are good? which ones are bad. this debate could get out of hand so keep it civil plz!!!!!!!!!!
  • apple challenges. i used to play it safe with red delicious but ive decided to challenge myself with a new apple each week until i discover the perfect one, the one that synergizes best w/ my astrological sign, leo (lion) . this weeks apple is "delite"
  • things to do with apples? that's right fellas, you can do more than just eat raw apples. the world opens up when you cook them, ferment them, put them in things, put them on things, etc. what do you do with you'r apples?

thats all for now!!!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Zerig said:

pink ladys, husbando

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cripps_Pink

the best

damn zerig i was contemplating buying pink ladys but settled on delite because im a insecure hypermasculine normie who cant pick up something with such a feminine name

your apple will be next week because im going to assume that delite are fuckn shit

2 minutes ago, Pignog said:

damn zerig i was contemplating buying pink ladys but settled on delite because im a insecure hypermasculine normie who cant pick up something with such a feminine name

your apple will be next week because im going to assume that delite are fuckn shit

you can hide them with some manlier apples so the cashier doesnt bully you too hard

Good thread, furriend Pignog. :3

I'm partial to the noble Granny Smith, it is a very versatile apple and you can do lots of things with it due to its tart flavor and high shelf-life compared to other apples. It is an apple that will retain it's crispness in storage and is also among the healthiest due to it's high concentration of antioxidants and phenols.

Red delicious are pleb tier apples. Mealy as fuck and tastes too sweet. C- apple.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Zaraphayx said:

Good thread, furriend Pignog. :3

I'm partial to the noble Granny Smith, it is a very versatile apple and you can do lots of things with it due to its tart flavor and high shelf-life compared to other apples. It is an apple that will retain it's crispness in storage and is also among the healthiest due to it's high concentration of antioxidants and phenols.

Red delicious are pleb tier apples. Mealy as fuck and tastes too sweet. C- apple.

i love the "Arr Dees" but i need to broaden my horizons. i have to work my way up to granny smiths, they will be a late-stage apple for me, due to bad childhood experiences

• Like 1

McIntosh are probably my favorite to eat raw, though they can be pretty easily bruised, so finding good ones can be difficult.

I usually prefer apples baked into pies or turnovers rather than raw, however. I also have found they go surprisingly well with blueberries in either pies or turnovers.

We have an apple tree in our front yard. The apples produced by it are green with red sections on the skin. They are quite tart, and while they are not that good for eating, they are quite good for baking. My dad likes to bake this special chocolate apple cake that is very delicious.

3 hours ago, Pignog said:

no!!!!!! like a cobbler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

admittedly a cobbler far outweighs the experience of apples going places they shouldn't

3 hours ago, Pignog said:

it's true, he avoided buying a type of alcoholic beverages because it was considered "girl drinks" :u

• Like 3

18 hours ago, willow said:

I take apple consumption very seriously

its important and should never be neglected

18 hours ago, evan said:

admittedly a cobbler far outweighs the experience of apples going places they shouldn't

it's true, he avoided buying a type of alcoholic beverages because it was considered "girl drinks" :u

the neon blue liquid sugar with alcohol in it that was literally called "rev" was objectively a girl drink and i can prove it in ontario superior court

20 hours ago, Zerig said:

new apple topic

what is your favorite use for apples besides eating raw

i like hard cider the most

please discuss

hard cider has to be within the top 3 but so does apple pie. I haven't had a discount apple pie in so long i could cry

7 hours ago, DrGravitas said:

Granny Smith master race.

this is such a popufur opinion i guess ill have to try them soon. delite has let me down. next week is a toss between the GS and PL

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pignog said:

hard cider has to be within the top 3 but so does apple pie. I haven't had a discount apple pie in so long i could cry

i will bake you a pie and bring it when we meet up sometime, even tho i hate apple pie

ive done it a few times

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

this month ive gone through red delicious (good), delite (shit), pink lady (good), mackintosh (fucking garbage), and I just bought some fuji.

fuji is the grossest looking and BY FAR the best. (A++) So in conclusion:

On 2016-08-14 at 10:38 PM, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

My favorite apple is either the Fuji or the Gala.

CORRECT OPINION

thread over

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Pignog said:

this month ive gone through red delicious (good), delite (shit), pink lady (good), mackintosh (fucking garbage), and I just bought some fuji.

fuji is the grossest looking and BY FAR the best. (A++) So in conclusion:

CORRECT OPINION

thread over

You must withhold definitive judgment until you have tried the Grannies and reached true apple Nirvana.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, JegoLego said:

I'm slightly allergic to many types of raw fruit, including apples :'(

Same but it's the acid in those Apples I am allergic to. I can still enjoy good things like Apple pie and Apple juice (processed) and best of all, Apple cider

Wait, why the fuck is my phone trying to auto-capitalize Apple? Has the glorious name of a great fruit been overtaken by some corporation? My my, where are we heading... 

• 2 weeks later...