Rave: Wondering what it'd be like if there was a major female video game developer from Japan

VGmaster9

Lately I've been imagining what it'd be like if we saw a Japanese female game developer who would make different games, a lot of which would have fan service. She would be a big time feminist, but very much unlike people like Anita Sarkeesian. She would love the idea of appealing looking women kicking ass while wearing revealing outfits. Not only does she like including fanservice in her games, but also exciting action and funky storytelling. She'd have a big habit of including a bevy of content into her games, giving players a huge assortment of options. She would like her male characters strong and muscular, and her female characters sexy and busty. She would basically be like a female version of Tomonobu Itagaki.

Genres of her games would include fighting, action adventure, beat em up, hack n slash, third person shooter, survival horror, action RPG, etc. She could also make other games like a light gun shooter, a rail shooter, a stealth game, a mecha combat game, a space combat game (basically Ace Combat in space), a run n gun shooter, etc. Her de facto game franchise would be a fist-based fighting game akin to Dead or Alive and Tekken. Since fighting would be her favorite genre to work on, she'd make other fighting games such as a weapon-based fighter similar to Soul Calbur and Star Gladiator, as well as an arena fighting similar to Power Stone, Ehrgeiz, and more specifically, Rise of the Incarnates.

17 minutes ago, Saxon said:

Mari Shimazaki is an illustrator for popular games and designed Bayonetta.

So...they already exist and are busy working away I guess?

I mean someone in the likes of people like Keji Inafune, Hideo Kojima, Shinji Mikami, Hideki Kamiya, etc.

What I'm basically saying is how would you like to see someone like that.

5 minutes ago, VGmaster9 said:

I mean someone in the likes of people like Keji Inafune, Hideo Kojima, Shinji Mikami, Hideki Kamiya, etc.

What I'm basically saying is how would you like to see someone like that.

I don't really know. I don't really play video games. I'm sure their illustrators and designers already have a much better bunch of creative ideas than I do. *shrug*

Honestly this thread is missing, "What if there was a female developer who liked drawing the same thing we've been seeing for ages" introduction. The tense of the post made it sound like it was building up to something. 

Moreover, I like what Overwatch is doing. Different looking women, different looking men. Busty fucktoys and walls of man-meat is fuckin boring and unimaginative at this point in the games industry. 

2 minutes ago, Butters said:

I feel like this was a Craiglist personal ad posted to the wrong place. 

What is that?

10 minutes ago, JegoLego said:

"Female" "Game Dev" "Japanese"

Sounds like a fetish.

Uhhh, the thought of women coding. It just..it does things to me. *pants*

• Like 3

Just now, Saxon said:

...alright then

Seriously though, if you use your head, CL is a great thing where its person-to-person selling. Like a bunch of tiny garage sales but for one thing. You can find gigs, jobs, art, cars, even homes on short notice. I've found furniture and jobs on CL when I really needed them. Its a great thing. 

3 minutes ago, 6tails said:

Shit, people on CL will come to YOU asking for help with shit if you even look like you know what you're doing when you yourself are asking about something else semi-related. I go looking for a place to mine, people e-mail me needing mineral identification or ideas on how to get the most out of some rock.

CL is one of those great genuinely human things and I adore it. 

Why do they need to be Japanese? Women are viewed as little more than sex objects in Japan, so it's probably even harder to penetrate a male dominated industry than it is in the western side of the world.

40 minutes ago, Lemon said:

Honestly this thread is missing, "What if there was a female developer who liked drawing the same thing we've been seeing for ages" introduction. The tense of the post made it sound like it was building up to something. 

Moreover, I like what Overwatch is doing. Different looking women, different looking men. Busty fucktoys and walls of man-meat is fuckin boring and unimaginative at this point in the games industry. 

Unless you live in some obscure place in Canada. Then you use Kijiji.

7 hours ago, Eggdodger said:

Sounds like a cool OC. What sorts of troubles do you think this game dev would encounter? As you know, most good stories have some sort of conflict.

Most likely dealing with executives doing shady business practices on her games, and other kinds of meddling.

• Like 1