General Chat/Time-Waster Thread

Sar

Fantastic. So they just proceded to fuck up one of his only positive achievements

How bad was Mussolini actually? I'm sure he wasn't an angel but surely he wasn't as bad as Hitler

its quite interesting to me that nobody really knows anything bad about mussolini outside of the trigger word "fascist"

i don't know either

You could grab someone and find out. Just tell them it's for science, I'm sure they'll understand.

I'm sure my partner would happily oblige.

I volunteer my body to aid in this scientific experiment

I'm not taking donations, sorry. :[

Light pollution really does suck. I'm outside with my telescope right now thinking about how many more I'd be able to be if it wasn't so bad.

I mean I still can see quite a lot - probably about a thousand with the naked eye - and thankfully I live in the suburbs so the pollution isn't as bad as it is closer to the city centre, but it's still nothing compared to what a totally dark sky would look like. You can see fucking tonnes of stars in a dark sky.

Oh well I guess. :\

Edited by Sutekh_the_Steak

Rain is good

Also. Temporarily changing my icon to a kyurem until I can paint a better griffin icon.

It starting raining during rehearsal today so I turned to my friend and started singing Umbrella(the big central song in the 4th movement of our show), and she's just laughing and like, "Shut up Jeff"

I wish I could nap. I go to take a nap and I fucking pass out for like 4-5 hours, and then I just wake up feeling gross.

That's not a nap? I just assumed only crazy people feel good after naps. I do whatever you call this all the time.

Edited by Luca

That's not a nap? I just assumed only crazy people feel good after naps. I do whatever you call this all the time.

I always called it "oh fuck me I slept too long again, fucking kill me". I'd acronym that but OFMISTLAFKM doesn't roll off the tongue well. Looks almost like "Of Mistake" though.

I have a feeling today's going to be odd and generally unpleasant. I've recently realized that i've outgrown my friends here, they don't really do anything, aren't generally happy and don't seem to care to do anything about it. I talk to them about going out and doing the things they want to do and i try to help them with their shit but they never follow through with anything. One in particular is really unfulfilled with his life and i push the fucking guy to do the things he wants and actually live but no, he acknowledges me, agrees with me and goes back to doing fuck all. Instead he just wants to get high to ignore the fact he isn't doing anything and it's fucking infuriating. This is a little town and as much as i like them the people here are little too, no desire to go out and spend what time they have alive well. They just trudge along with shit for no reason because they don't know any better. Last night i spoke with my step dad, he's what, 46 years old, he's never left this fucking island and he's started looking back on his life and regretting how he's spent his time. At least he's realized that and is now looking to spend whatever time he has with my mum doing more, going out and actually trying to live a fulfilling life, but that's the future i see for my friends. They're going to look back in 20-30 years and think "what the fuck have i done?". It's horrible to see and i don't want to end up like that. I'm looking into joining archery and gun clubs on the island, sport shooting has always interested me but i used to be too anxious to commit to it. Need to get back into poker as well, used to stay up all night watching tournaments, learning how to calculate pot odds and such, but this was back before i was 18 and couldn't really do much with it. And i need to get far away from this little island and the mentality it brings. When i woke up i remembered that when i was younger and going insane i had intrusive thoughts about cutting off all the fingers on my right hand, got to the point where i could justify losing the pinky but i never went through with it. Don't know why i felt the need to type that, guess it serves as a reminder of how far i've come mentally and i can see how much farther i can go. I know what comes from one extreme of life and i owe it to myself, well we all do, to experience the other extreme as much as we can, and i'm tired of being around people that don't see that. Fuck sorry for the rant, didn't expect it to go that way but forums are good for that.

i don't post memes, but i hate myself so i figure that's relatively the same thing

I have the perfect meme for this but posting it would be cruel. I hate seeing you slipping again, you know you have nothing about yourself to hate. Hate the things that are making you feel that way, it'll do you a lot more good in the long run.

• Vae pinned this topic