General Chat/Time-Waster Thread

Sar

On 9/4/2016 at 5:29 PM, DrGravitas said:

Back from checking out Toledo, Ohio! Pretty interesting place, seems like there's a huge variety in shops and stuff to do.

I had started up a turntable render before leaving. I came back and it had only completed 31 frames out of 150 :\

Toledo... hah....

I hope you at least visited the zoo and that science museum downtown. Those are the only really great parts of that city.

1 hour ago, XoPachi said:

I'm about to start watching Spawn. This shit looks rad.

EDIT: This dude...is several billion galaxies beyond badass.

Oh god tell me you're not talking about the mid-90s movie. Because while Spawn looked awesome in that, the rest of the movie was just... mediocre. 

On 9/4/2016 at 10:21 PM, Zeke said:

I peed on them.

NOECI0s.gif

12 minutes ago, ArielMT said:

I don't have any cash, Johnny.

Money can't buy back your youth when you're old. Or a friend when you're lonely. Or a love that's grown cold.

15 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

Was at a fair the other day. Saw two fat white chicks, in their 20s, looked trashy. I think both were furries, because they were both wearing ears and tails (or maybe one of them was @#00Buck). BOTH had pacifiers in their mouths.

... the cringe, it was very real.

They wouldn't yiff you, would they?

3 minutes ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

Exercise? It'll wear you out. That's what I do when I'm wound up.

I would if I had the desire or motivation to. I usually go for a walk, drive or consume alcohol and chocolate for stress; or shitpost to high heaven on forums. So maybe I'll do some of those...

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

I would if I had the desire or motivation to. I usually go for a walk, drive or consume alcohol and chocolate for stress; or shitpost to high heaven on forums. So maybe I'll do some of those...

Maybe just run in place or do some silly dancing. I can't ask you to spin rifles like I do :P

Crn8T5eVYAEvVx3.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAA holy shit someone bought this for me :3c

1 hour ago, Mr. Fox said:

I need suggestions on how to relax. I'm wound tighter than a spring and I feel like I'm about to snap.

It's not easy to get out from under that; best thing I've found is just to do your best to force yourself to do something you enjoy. 

Or take a nap.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Crazy Lee said:

Was at a fair the other day. Saw two fat white chicks, in their 20s, looked trashy. I think both were furries, because they were both wearing ears and tails (or maybe one of them was @#00Buck). BOTH had pacifiers in their mouths.

... the cringe, it was very real.

It wasn't me.

Or maybe it was?

You'll never know.

7 hours ago, Jtrekkie said:

@#00Buck

Thinking of you

He offered to pay me, too. I probably saved someone's career.

Aww!

2 minutes ago, 6tails said:

BWAHAHAHAH ITT Tech is GONE. They decided to shutter their doors instead of living up to gov't obligations, which means they were a fucking scam like Vector marketing all along, and not an educational institution as they claimed to be. Get as much money as you can while providing as little value as you can get away with - the businessman's wet dream.

I remember seeing ads for that place a lot when I was 6 or 7.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

I remember seeing ads for that place a lot when I was 6 or 7.

Hell, I remember see ads from them back when even I was 6 or 7. Super annoying, loud, and they said their name like 90 times. I swear I will have their 80s logo burned into my brain for the rest of my life. That, and the Head-on commercial. Thank goodness congress passed regulations on the volume of commercials so they stopped being so blaringly loud!

28 minutes ago, 6tails said:

BWAHAHAHAH ITT Tech is GONE. They decided to shutter their doors instead of living up to gov't obligations, which means they were a fucking scam like Vector marketing all along, and not an educational institution as they claimed to be. Get as much money as you can while providing as little value as you can get away with - the businessman's wet dream.

I could never understand why anyone would trust ITT or any other for-profit universities for that matter, why would you trust a business who's only goal is to make money off of you with providing a quality education?

Glad to see another one of them go under.

• Like 2

Hmm, on ITT Tech, the government mandates were not something that the school could reasonably be expected to comply with, and they were set on the expectation that ITT was going to close anyway. The government also refused alternatives that would have seen ITT under the management of a non profit (if you remember this all supposed to be about an accusations of mismanagement) and would not have left their students up a creek.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 6tails said:

Vector Marketing....oh how gullible the desperate can be. 

27 minutes ago, 6tails said:

They most certainly were reasonable for any school that wasn't a pump-and-dump scam designed to funnel money to investors and not actually maintain a functional balance sheet.

The government demanded they double their surety within 30 days and barred students with federal aid from signing on. Not exactly subtle, and not exactly the best course of action for their students.

33 minutes ago, 6tails said:

Any properly-run business school that size would have kept at least 150 million as surety, bonding, and insurance, if they weren't focused on funneling the money to their investors. As far as barring students on Federal Aid, GOOD, because that was our tax money going to an education that one could've likely gotten in a high school extra-curricular club during their 4 years.

You think such is good policy going forward?

1 minute ago, Jtrekkie said:

You think such is good policy going forward?

I think 6tails is saying that it was fortunate that no Federal Aid was wasted on a scam, rather than suggesting that students receiving Federal Aid should expect to be routinely banned from business schools.

38 minutes ago, Saxon said:

I think 6tails is saying that it was fortunate that no Federal Aid was wasted on a scam, rather than suggesting that students receiving Federal Aid should expect to be routinely banned from business schools.

Hey, Saxon. 

I get that, I mean the larger policy regarding these schools. For background the current administration has attempted a few times to push regulations beyond what is usually required and that specifically target technical schools, which are mostly for-profit. Those actions are justified by the allegation that such schools do not prepare students for meaningful employment and that those students are unable to repay federal student aid.

My only problem with this is that if the intent is to protect students, then the protection of those students should be the primary concern and closing for-profit schools should only occur if necessary and whIle still protecting those students, leaving other grievances to the judiciary.

5 minutes ago, Jtrekkie said:

My only problem with this is that if the intent is to protect students, then the protection of those students should be the primary concern and closing for-profit schools should only occur if necessary and whIle still protecting those students, leaving other grievances to the judiciary.

My problem with this is that the school said they would attempt to protect the interests of their students; however, their promises to allow all current students to finish their degrees, to aid students in transferring to other institutions, and to provide up-to-date and punctual information to all students and staff have largely been broken. These promises were broken because those that run the institution chose to skedaddle when it looked as though the federal government would pursue their search for fraud and other crimes until they found something as they have with at least one other for-profit school already. Luckily, those that run the school will now have an easier time of hiding any wrongdoing than they would have had the school continued to run.

The students - even the federal government - thought and hoped those that run the school would hold their promises to the students that had been made when the school was doing poorly even before the federal government began investigating. It looks like they won't be fixing their accreditation problems anytime soon.

25 minutes ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

One day down.

Hopefully the next will go by much more quickly than this one and the next more quickly than the last until summer arrives.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Hux said:

They wouldn't yiff you, would they?

If yiff means burning off their heresy with flamthrowers with backpack mounted tanks and a nozzle on each arm, then yes, I would "yiff" it into the fires of hell itself.

5 hours ago, 6tails said:

Ah vector/cutco.... I had a friend work for them, supposedly successfully. I think he met his wife there. But you wouldn't catch me a million miles near that company.

2 minutes ago, Xaende said:

Why is it that whenever a woman shows interest in me, I'm either too tired or distracted by something else to respond well. It would be nice if that sort of thing could happen more often when I'm feeling lucid and energetic.

Maybe you look really hawt when you're exhausted.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

Ah vector/cutco.... I had a friend work for them, supposedly successfully. I think he met his wife there. But you wouldn't catch me a million miles near that company.

I feel like I'm just going to end up destroying my business career if I actually take  that job. (I only applied because I really AM that desperate.)

Such a shame, I actually do want a good job in marketing or analytics.

What you lookin' at?

You all a bunch of fuckin' assholes. You know why? Because you don't have the guts to be what you wanna be

You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your fuckin' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." So what does that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me?, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. So say good night to the bad guy! Come on. The last time you gonna see a bad guy like this again, let me tell you. Come on. Make way for the bad guy. There's a bad guy comin' through! Better get outta his way!

Fucking great scene, always relevant

ITT: Things that are not okay. 
Like 9/11 cosplay.

14231143_1141274845930158_5233576598850115720_o.jpg

1 hour ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

I feel like I'm just going to end up destroying my business career if I actually take  that job. (I only applied because I really AM that desperate.)

Such a shame, I actually do want a good job in marketing or analytics.

Vector is basically a marketing shell for Cutco knives. You see the signs: "Students, make $17" and you think "Wow, $17 an hour." No, read the fine print after the dollar amount. "$17base/appt" In other words, $17 at least for each appointment you have with people to sell the knives in their home.

When you start, they put you through basic salesman/marketing training. Then you have to buy a basic knife set, i believe. They don't give a basic knife set to you to show off, which is bullshit. Then you have to set up appointments with family and friends to show them the knives and encourage them to buy them. For each appointment you (supposedly) get at least $17. If you sell a knife set (usually $150 and up), you get a commission as well. The idea, I guess, is to get college students to get out there and sell their wares like they're running a startup, teaching them business and salesman skills, teaching them to be hard workers and be successful or some shit. Also, the atmosphere is typical young people enthusiastic bullshit "Let's go sell things and shit! *does a cheerful chant*"

Thing is, first off you have to be motivated because there are no hours you work, you're working for yourself as an independent contractor. So you have to be self-motivated. You have to know people who have enough money and are willing to buy seriously overpriced knives. And you have to be a good enough salesmen to actually SELL the knives. In other words it's like teaching you to be a used car scumbag. If you're like my friend and somehow able to motivate yourself to go out there and sell sell sell, you might do okay. But not everyone is capable of doing that. So many people drop out of it pretty quickly.

I think @Lucyfish can confirm most of this. And don't know if @6tails has worked for them before either.

• Like 1

Well it's good to see that the greedy oil companies are willing to steamroll through native american reservations and native grave sites in North Dakota (which is illegal? aren't reservations governed by the tribes and are like legal countries inside the USA?). And then sic dogs on protesters with hired thugs?

And the mainstream media isn't covering it? But of course because fuck brown skinned people while rich white people are doing their things. Ah 'Murrica.

• Vae pinned this topic