General Chat/Time-Waster Thread

Sar

Just now, Saxon said:

An american friend just left my group telegram because he disapproved of 'offensive language' because I told him that, in England, a faggot is a type of food.

Like...guys, you can't expect the rest of the world to throw away their vocabulary in order to avoid taboo words in American English.

wow, you oppressive bitch. how could you? :v

9 minutes ago, Saxon said:

An american friend just left my group telegram because he disapproved of 'offensive language' because I told him that, in England, a faggot is a type of food.

Like...guys, you can't expect the rest of the world to throw away their vocabulary in order to avoid taboo words in American English.

You should go smoke a fag to relax after this traumatic internet incident. :u

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Saxon said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faggot_Hill

50 minutes ago, Saxon said:

Talk to them about religion and politics. :V

This can only go well, my 50-60 year old relatives and I will certainly agree on these topics in every respect!

47 minutes ago, evan said:

i'll send a cute lil hummingbird!

It'll probably just join the parakeet in being incredibly agitated at the amount of people in the room with it...

EDIT:

Little kids have taken up residence in the next room, and are shrieking at the top of their lungs...

the_raven_face_by_glacierman54-d4z0v7y.jpg

I sympathize with the parakeet...

• Like 1

I like how people are like "You don't need an audio jack for iPhone 7"
Let's see. No, my car radio does not have bluetooth.
Yes, I need an aux cable to play things off my phone on my car radio.
Tim Cook and your little cult of shitty technology, please go fuck yourself with a North Korean nuclear warhead.

2 hours ago, Saxon said:

Funny, I thought a faggot was a bundle of sticks or wood.

In fact, I remember seeing the word Faggot being used as such in Fellowship of the Ring. Is Frodo homophobic? Samwise's anus says no.

1 minute ago, Crazy Lee said:

I like how people are like "You don't need an audio jack for iPhone 7"
Let's see. No, my car radio does not have bluetooth.
Yes, I need an aux cable to play things off my phone on my car radio.
Tim Cook and your little cult of shitty technology, please go fuck yourself with a North Korean nuclear warhead.

In fact, I remember seeing the word Faggot being used as such in Fellowship of the Ring. Is Frodo homophobic? Samwise's anus says no.

It has plural meanings. As does the word 'fag'. Most people know that fag means cigarette in England, but it is also an expression of tiredness.

'The play was a fag,'/ 'The play was a bore,'

'The dancing left me fagged,'/'The dancing left me exhausted,'

Back from a walk, down this trail that runs through a steep ravine along a small river in the center of the city, where you have the illusion of not being in a city at all. Saw some squirrels chasing each other around, and frolicking about, and then, mating on a branch. They seemed unusually happy throughout it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Crazy Lee said:

Different cultures use words and symbols differently. 

A swastika is a religious symbol in much of the world, but plaster them on a pickup and drive through Germany, and you will not be liked. That is as it should be.

An American hearing that "faggot" is within the LOTR out of context would rightfully be rather suspicious. I've only ever heard kids and homophobes here call upon other uses of fag and faggot as an excuse to say faggot and fag without risk of backlash. Those definitions don't actually exist for them; their mind still treats it as though it were the original slur.

4 hours ago, evan said:

hit self in face with rock, thereby removing teeth

food is dislodged and your smile never looked better.

My ancestors pioneered the use of precision wooden mallets for this task.

Eventually the family began fighting within itself until two sides developed what would come to be called the toothbrush and the toothpick. Us toothbrush people still don't talk to the lowly toothpickers.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Saxon said:

Sounds like your American friend is a faggot.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Socketosis said:

News stations must spend all day patrolling Twitter and Youtube like vultures. I'm always seeing "Hi I'm <name> from <news_network>. Can we have your permission to use this for all purposes/platforms?" in the comments.

I keep having dreams of befriending wild birds. @Osrik I choose blame you!

australianraven.jpg

Who, me? Why would you accuse me of such a thing?

I really don't see the connection...

• Like 1

Today I reinstalled my computer. Everything runs better, all the clutter is gone, there are just a few, slight problem...

While installing Windows, I managed to format my F: drive. Which contained all my music and art... I forgot to write down my Gyazo link, so the art there is gone too... All my music was also on F: , and some other documents...

I'm about ready to burn my house down with me in it...

6 minutes ago, Recel said:

Today I reinstalled my computer. Everything runs better, all the clutter is gone, there are just a few, slight problem...

While installing Windows, I managed to format my F: drive. Which contained all my music and art... I forgot to write down my Gyazo link, so the art there is gone too... All my music was also on F: , and some other documents...

http://www.piriform.com/recuva

On 9.9.2016 at 10:04 PM, Crazy Lee said:

Isn't it great that we have a country with (incredibly shitty) nuclear weaponry being run by a fat basement-dwelling-type manchild?

In related news: US-American presidential elections...

21 hours ago, Saxon said:

'The dancing left me fagged,'

Sentences that need to be quoted without context!

2 minutes ago, Recel said:

What kind of drive is F:? Was it overwritten?

Might still be recoverable.

6 minutes ago, Recel said:

When n Where to bring the smores?

7 minutes ago, 6tails said:

...might get even more interesting. Hillary, 'overheating' in 75 degree weather, after having campaigned in the hot-ass South in those horrid non-breathing clothes?

My ass. She's simply unfit for presidency.

She looks like she might not make it to the election if her health continues to slide. 

Long ago, in the posts of yestertime, I vowed that if I were to become the supreme leader of Antarctica I would smite Hillary with my iron cock and balls. 

My legions of genetically engineered super penguins have used their telepathic powers to strike out at her on my behalf directly from Firebase Antarctica 7. Soon all enemies of Antarctica will be punished by my penguin forces. 

They laughed at me, called me crazy, spat on me, and said my utopia could never exist. Look at me now, barreling down the path of world conquest...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Recel said:

I couldn't recover all that many of my pictures from the hard drive, more precisely not the ones I really wanted to recover... I'm just... sad.

Well shit. I figure you know what you're doing, but if you'd like to discuss additional recovery options then send me a PM. I have some experience extracting raw photos from failing SD cards and HDDs.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Onnes said:

Well shit. I figure you know what you're doing, but if you'd like to discuss additional recovery options then send me a PM. I have some experience extracting raw photos from failing SD cards and HDDs.

I actually managed to recover about 70 Gigs of data. Which is half of this hard drive, and almost all the data that was lost. But a small portion of my music and art I couldn't get back.
And I was sloppy the past months and haven't backed them up properly, nor did I upload them to places...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Recel said:

I couldn't recover all that many of my pictures from the hard drive, more precisely not the ones I really wanted to recover... I'm just... sad.

:c I'm really sorry that happened...

I guess if you want to spin it a bit to look on the bright side, sometimes it's really refreshing to dump stuff and start again; to rebuild fresh. It forces yourself to look forward.  

I know it's just files but idk I've had to do the same and it really can affect your outlook on things. Anyways best of luck. 

EDIT: Your last post hadn't showed up on my end yet when I replied; that's awesome you got as much back as you did at least

Edited by Endless/Nameless
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, 6tails said:

Her VP was probably carefully chosen to maintain the status quo she had in mind, knowing this was incoming. Pneumonia would've been easily noticable. You don't hide that kind of level of fluid in your lungs. You'd be constantly, I mean CONSTANTLY coughing. I've had silicosis-induced pneumonia, strep-induced pneumonia, and influenza-induced pneumonia, and good ol' Tussin did nothing.

I think you're suggesting her vice president was chosen after she got pneumonia?

So you think she has had pneumonia since July?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Party_vice_presidential_candidate_selection,_2016

• Vae pinned this topic