General Chat/Time-Waster Thread

Sar

18 hours ago, Crazy Lee said:

I was at a very small comic con last weekend. I went to a Geek trivia panel, and sat next to these three people. They invited me to join their team, "Team Justice".

We won the game with I think 30 points above everyone else.

Don't ever mess with a Japanese Animeish Video Game lawyer team.

objection.jpg

mrZwyrR.gif

???

• Like 2

So in 2 days, I'm going to uni. The sportiest uni in the UK.
And it turns out, if you're a guy and you do a sport (which I will), you go through a mad initiation. 

Let me share with you just a few that I heard:

-Being kidnapped and left on distant hills at 3am 
-Having your boxers taped up
-Being tied to people and being forced to vomit on their backs 
-Buttchugging
-Drinking litres of sour milk
-Shaving off your pubes and bringing them with you in a bag
-Doing a circlejerk
-Serving tea to the team in a miniskirt without any underwear

Help me

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, DrDingo said:

And it turns out, if you're a guy and you do a sport (which I will), you go through a mad initiation. 

-Buttchugging
-Doing a circlejerk

Help me

But is going to this uni worth the hazing? 

• Like 1

please god, let me be able to take part-time at the new school i'm going to so i can focus this year on improving myself and try out new meds ...

apparnetly the state i live in is very, very laidback when it comes to education and deadlines ( apparently, after all the schools i've been through i don't really trust it ), but i still need a year where i can try to recover from the shit that happened to me a few years ago.

• Like 1

Much of my favorite furry art falls somewhere between SFW and NSFW. Stuff that's technically clean, for instance, but maybe has characters in sexy poses with bedroom eyes etc. Tasteful nudes fall in a similarly grey area, but on the other side. Although they may technically be NSFW, they aren't sexually charged.

As a result, I have a hard time deciding what to post in the Clean Furry Art thread vs. the Red Lantern. I try to err on the side of caution, but sometimes neither place is a good fit.

Just now, FenrirDarkWolf said:

I never even pegged you as an athletics person

It kinda became a hobby of mine. I run 5 kilometres a day and I've been doing it for more than a year.

It feels great. It's pretty liberating to charge at full pelt with loud music in my ears

9 hours ago, Cannakitty said:

Yes exactly. I have only seen one of his works in person but I feel like I have to see more.

So far, I've just seen what's in DC, at the Smithsonian. (I live in Baltimore, but work closer to DC, and take the train down; I don't drive, eye problems) But their exhibit is amazing, and also, free. They renovated the modern wing, so I gotta head down there, soon. It's something I should do more often. Oddly, I live just a few blocks from the Baltimore Museum of Art; decent collection, but no Pollock! I'd love to get up to NYC, and see the things there, though it get can kinda pricey, fast...I think it's about $25 a pop, at most museums, there. Still worth it, though. That is one huge plus about the DC/Baltimore area: A ton of art, and other museums, and almost all of them are free. The American Visionary Art Museum here is also really fun...all 'outsider art', or 'art brut',as in art by people who have no formal training, and may be autistic, in a mental institute, in prison, or under various other odd circumstances. It's made me wonder about 'furry art', and where the line is between 'fine art' and fandom art, and how it might be crossed. Sometime, I'd love to start a thread just to talk about art, as in 'non furry' art, because furries are so into furry art, that I wonder what they like and how much they take in and are influenced by art in general.

11 minutes ago, Fossa-Boy said:

So far, I've just seen what's in DC, at the Smithsonian. (I live in Baltimore, but work closer to DC, and take the train down; I don't drive, eye problems) But their exhibit is amazing, and also, free. They renovated the modern wing, so I gotta head down there, soon. It's something I should do more often. Oddly, I live just a few blocks from the Baltimore Museum of Art; decent collection, but no Pollock! I'd love to get up to NYC, and see the things there, though it get can kinda pricey, fast...I think it's about $25 a pop, at most museums, there. Still worth it, though. That is one huge plus about the DC/Baltimore area: A ton of art, and other museums, and almost all of them are free. The American Visionary Art Museum here is also really fun...all 'outsider art', or 'art brut',as in art by people who have no formal training, and may be autistic, in a mental institute, in prison, or under various other odd circumstances. It's made me wonder about 'furry art', and where the line is between 'fine art' and fandom art, and how it might be crossed. Sometime, I'd love to start a thread just to talk about art, as in 'non furry' art, because furries are so into furry art, that I wonder what they like and how much they take in and are influenced by art in general.

I think the line between fine art and other art (outsider, furry, etc.) Is just in how tastefully it is presented. I'm not saying one is better than the other, its just my observation.

10 minutes ago, Cannakitty said:

I think the line between fine art and other art (outsider, furry, etc.) Is just in how tastefully it is presented. I'm not saying one is better than the other, its just my observation.

Also, the prices! A modern artist I very much like has a lot of art that seems borderline furry, Yoshitomo Nara:

nara_yoshitomo_4401.jpgyoshitomo-nara.jpg

And yet, these oil paintings, from the last decade, have sold for about $700,000 to $1,200,000.

Granted, he also does sculpture, installation pieces, and has been at it a while, I think he's in his 50s.

But it makes me wonder if anyone will ever cross over from the furry art world, and onto the 'big stage' where rich people get all caught up in spending these insane amounts. :V

But Nara's works are fun, and I love his playful edginess.

• Like 1

So apparently 2 people were killed in an area in California, and one of the daughters of the murdered is missing. They happened to be furries, so I decided to look at the page of the missing girl, and I saw this shit: Let's hope your thoughtless actions don't give the fandom a bad name.

Yeah, that's right. Some fucking fag decided to say that on the page of a missing girl who's parents were just murdered. Not only does the fact people assuming she's the one who killed them piss me off, but also, it really boils my blood to see him care more about the furry fandom than this missing girl. A missing girl who's parents just got murdered apparently means fucking less than the furry fandom's image.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

A missing girl who's parents just got murdered apparently means fucking less than the furry fandom's image.

We have a good name to protect.

Furries are widely respected and everybody loves us.

Also, I think American politics are straightforward, water is too dry and the proper response to 11+10 is 21.

1 hour ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

So apparently 2 people were killed in an area in California, and one of the daughters of the murdered is missing. They happened to be furries, so I decided to look at the page of the missing girl, and I saw this shit: Let's hope your thoughtless actions don't give the fandom a bad name.

Yeah, that's right. Some fucking fag decided to say that on the page of a missing girl who's parents were just murdered. Not only does the fact people assuming she's the one who killed them piss me off, but also, it really boils my blood to see him care more about the furry fandom than this missing girl. A missing girl who's parents just got murdered apparently means fucking less than the furry fandom's image.

I'm confused: Were the parents furries? If so, how would getting murdered give them a bad name? If anything, it would make them look like victims of a brutal act, and garner sympathy, I would think.

Or was the daughter a furry, and also a suspect?

Or, are there some other suspects that are furries?

Not quite sure of the details, here. But I'd would be odd if it was a fur-suited murderer...I mean, it's not funny, but still, imagine getting shot by a really cute bunny or otter. There's a certain irony.

39 minutes ago, Fossa-Boy said:

I'm confused: Were the parents furries? If so, how would getting murdered give them a bad name? If anything, it would make them look like victims of a brutal act, and garner sympathy, I would think.

Or was the daughter a furry, and also a suspect?

Or, are there some other suspects that are furries?

Not quite sure of the details, here. But I'd would be odd if it was a fur-suited murderer...I mean, it's not funny, but still, imagine getting shot by a really cute bunny or otter. There's a certain irony.

The mom and the daughter are furries and for some reason people are assuming the daughter is the one who killed them.

5 hours ago, Fossa-Boy said:

yoshitomo-nara.jpg

Bart get out, I'm piss?

3 hours ago, PastryOfApathy said:

Hey dudes I'm back.

I'm gonna celebrate by shitting myself and doing nothing.

Yay, I was wondering where your beautiful posting had gone.

2 hours ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

If it's the one I just found from Googling, there's currently a police manhunt for her, and they found three dead bodies in the house. Crazy shit.

EDIT: Recent shouts on her profile.

tZxRjXI.png

Also she was found.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DrDingo said:

-Buttchugging
-Doing a circlejerk

Help me

There's this little thing called self esteem. Don't let anyone do any of that stuff to you.

Someone people tried to haze me at university. I quickly demonstrated exactly how I'd hospitalize them. They apologized and begged me to let them go.

Your dignity and self esteem are priceless. If anyone tries to victimize you tell them to fuck off.

Take a look at the list. Most of it qualifies as sexual abuse / rape. Fuck that shit. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, DrDingo said:

-Doing a circlejerk

i don't see the problem here

ui mean i actually do because this is fucking disgusting but my purpose is to make gay jokes i'm sorry

• Like 1

1 hour ago, #00Buck said:

There's this little thing called self esteem. Don't let anyone do any of that stuff to you.

Someone people tried to haze me at university. I quickly demonstrated exactly how I'd hospitalize them. They apologized and begged me to let them go.

Your dignity and self esteem are priceless. If anyone tries to victimize you tell them to fuck off.

Take a look at the list. Most of it qualifies as sexual abuse / rape. Fuck that shit. 

I'd have to say I agree 100% with this. Hazing has no place at a University, and is abuse, period. It kills, injures and serves no useful purpose. I work on a very large University Campus, and this also reminds me of another thing I loathe: Fraternities, because so much of the hazing culture resides in them.

About the only thing that might be fun is the circle jerk part, but I'd do that with friends, and not forced on me by people I don't really know...I can't believe the school puts up with this; a lot of colleges here are clamping down hard on this kinda shit. These people should be in prison, not at University. Then, they can see what non-consensual sex is like, and how much they like being bullied.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DrDingo said:

@#00Buck

@evan

@Fossa-Boy

I'm sure they were all just the most extreme examples. Besides, they can't force anyone to do anything when they've already paid their way to join. 

I'll be safe. I'll be sure not to do anything that I'm uncomfortable with.

If you wind up in a skirt don't hesitate to post in the mugshot thread. Fashionable furs are always welcome. 

• Like 2

On 9/25/2016 at 1:18 AM, Vitaly said:

When you realize that you have to spend whole day at home?
When you eat salad with ton of garlic for breakfast.
I'm stupid.

Omg! One time... I put a ridiculous amount of garlic on my pasta for dinner... then the next morning, I had school... 2nd period gym class! o_o; And well... the coach told us to sit on the floor, and I was sitting next to my best friend, and I... farted. >////////< Man it smelt so bad! It was like rotting flesh (not that I ever smelt that but it's what I imagine it being,... anyone here work a job with rotting flesh and can confirm?). My friend didn't say anything but he had to have heard and smelt it, it was loud too! I blushed so hard my skin was burning off. ;A;

12 hours ago, DrDingo said:

-Buttchugging

Oh god I just looked that up... I wish I didn't. >.<

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jaysen said:

Omg! One time... I put a ridiculous amount of garlic on my pasta for dinner... then the next morning, I had school... 2nd period gym class! o_o; And well... the coach told us to sit on the floor, and I was sitting next to my best friend, and I... farted. >////////< Man it smelt so bad! It was like rotting flesh (not that I ever smelt that but it's what I imagine it being,... anyone here work a job with rotting flesh and can confirm?). My friend didn't say anything but he had to have heard and smelt it, it was loud too! I blushed so hard my skin was burning off. ;A;

That's a spicy meat-a-ball!

• Like 1

Tried to go on a bike ride through the mountains in full fall color yesterday but was foiled by a mechanical breakage only 1/3 of the way in and had to limp the bike back out for three miles.  Not a big deal but it was pretty disappointing considering I probably won't have the opportunity to try the ride again this year and the weather was perfect.  Oh well.  

I walked up a hill. There were spiders everywhere. Like, it was like that forest full of spiders from that Harry Potter movie, y'know?

I think the spiders have gained sentience and are biding their time for the conquest of Earth. 

I must become the defender of all mammals, I must go back up that mountain and systemically squish each and every last one of those spiders!

Wish me luck, my dear bro-dog-men-dingos.

May God have mercy...

On the one hand, I want the characters in my game to be furries. On the other hand, I'd rather not deal with the potential fallout at this time. I'm really fighting with myself to make them human. I mean, I can draw humans, but I don't wanna. Furs are much more fun.

My plan is to keep them human during development, and then furrify everything before releasing it.

@Hux: Good luck, dog-bro-man-dongo. That sounds like something from the weird ass dreams thread.

Just now, #00Buck said:

Be well my friend. I was sick for three weeks and I'm just getting over it. 

I wish you well. 

thanks...if i'm lucky, it'll just be allergies, but knowing how quickly the music students get because we're always near each other all the time, i'm sure it'll get worse for a long enough time to mildly annoy me. :v

6 minutes ago, evan said:

i'm not sick i'm not sick I'M NOT SICK I'M NOT SICK NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Pandemic alert! Proceed to guarantee the patient zero. 

By the way, I am fleeing to Madagascar. Just in case

In all seriousness, I wish you will be well and healthy again soon 😊

• Vae pinned this topic