General Chat/Time-Waster Thread

Sar

56 minutes ago, Tsuujou said:

What the fuck is this odorless...clay like stuff in my dryer and laundry whenever I wash my blankets? It clumps up into small beads to large clumps and is the exact color and consistency of kneaded erasers. :l

What the shit is this stuff? What the SHIT is it?

Pics plz.

1 hour ago, Tsuujou said:

What the fuck is this odorless...clay like stuff in my dryer and laundry whenever I wash my blankets? It clumps up into small beads to large clumps and is the exact color and consistency of kneaded erasers. :l

Dryer lint, maybe?

2 hours ago, Tsuujou said:

sounds like the same stuff I get when I wash my work pants...I just assume its lint due to the dryer heated it up thus it gets that consistancy

3 hours ago, Tsuujou said:

I've never experienced this before. I looked up clay in dryer and got this. Maybe you accidentally made it.

5 hours ago, Tsuujou said:

Check you blanket's tags for washing/drying instructions, you might not be supposed to clean them that way.

17 minutes ago, DrGravitas said:

Check you blanket's tags for washing/drying instructions, you might not be supposed to clean them that way.

Ugh. Alright. That sounds like the most logical option. Also, sorry. I had cleaned everything out already so I have no pics. But it's quite literally like I said, little kneaded erasers.

I was offered sex with a 21 year old man today. In exchange, I was supposed to advertise some kind of bathroom cleaner. Of course I declined because I'm a person of high moral standard and strong willpower, Just as strong as Ajax, the super strong bathroom cleaner. Now available with scented lemon and vanilla

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Mikazuki Marazhu said:

I was offered sex with a 21 year old man today. In exchange, I was supposed to advertise some kind of bathroom cleaner. Of course I declined because I'm a person of high moral standard and strong willpower, Just as strong as Ajax, the super strong bathroom cleaner. Now available with scented lemon and vanilla

What are you willing to do for a Klondike Bar? I know what I am...

1 hour ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

Why is learning database code so unwelcoming?

And I'd ask why it's so hard to gain unwanted access to a database (purely theoretically) but I really think that's obvious.

And why am I up right now?

SELECT COUNT(*) AS `total` FROM my_intercourse_log;

0 rows in set (0.00 sec)

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Mikazuki Marazhu said:

Ajax. Guaranteed to commit sodomy then suicide, in that order, if he doesn't get his way.
Oh hold on, wrong Ajax.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DrGravitas said:

Neat article on the 'surprising' intelligence and personality-diversity of chickens. https://phys.org/news/2017-01-chickenthink-intelligent-complex.html

Meanwhile, sheared sheep don't recognise each other and fight for a few days afterwards to reestablish hierarchy.

• Like 2

The all-nighter was a failure. I managed to work until about 2am, until my internet went down and I couldn't get it to work, so I just went to sleep.

Might try again tonight, though!

14 hours ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

Why is learning database code so unwelcoming?

And I'd ask why it's so hard to gain unwanted access to a database (purely theoretically) but I really think that's obvious.

You mean SQL? I've always found it to be much easier than other languages such as C++.

2 minutes ago, Wax said:

The all-nighter was a failure. I managed to work until about 2am, until my internet went down and I couldn't get it to work, so I just went to sleep.

Might try again tonight, though!

You mean SQL? I've always found it to be much easier than other languages such as C++.

A lot of things are bad at telling you exactly what SQL is, the difference between it and PHP, where it ends and PHP begins and vice-versa.

So the latest furry drama concerns an image of 'Rump tower' where 'no knickers are allowed', a pun on 'Trump tower' and 'niggers', and what I thought was an obvious dig at Donald Trump.

Furries are responding to the post as if the artist who drew it wants segregation to be resumed.

58 minutes ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

A lot of things are bad at telling you exactly what SQL is, the difference between it and PHP, where it ends and PHP begins and vice-versa.

SQL is ancient and powerful, used for querying databases (also for designing and programming them, but you probably aren't getting into that. PHP (in the case most likely for you) wraps around the SQL code and gives your programs a means to manage and handle the necessary execution and results. Like a tool for handling a tool, or a robot arm using a welding torch on the assembly line. Building and managing the code around the actual SQL is generally the more difficult part. The SQL will look like code designed for querying. For you, it will almost certainly look like SELECT something FROM stuff, other_stuff, JOIN whatever ON this_thing = that_thing WHERE something = otherthing. Unless PHP or whatever framework your using has a special setup where you don't write the SQL directly, but tell it how to construct it. That stuff can get really irritating.

SQL requires a different way of thinking than most forms of coding, but once you get it, it's fairly satisfying to work in. Can't say the same about PHP!

35 minutes ago, DrGravitas said:

SQL is ancient and powerful, used for querying databases (also for designing and programming them, but you probably aren't getting into that. PHP (in the case most likely for you) wraps around the SQL code and gives your programs a means to manage and handle the necessary execution and results. Like a tool for handling a tool, or a robot arm using a welding torch on the assembly line. Building and managing the code around the actual SQL is generally the more difficult part. The SQL will look like code designed for querying. For you, it will almost certainly look like SELECT something FROM stuff, other_stuff, JOIN whatever ON this_thing = that_thing WHERE something = otherthing. Unless PHP or whatever framework your using has a special setup where you don't write the SQL directly, but tell it how to construct it. That stuff can get really irritating.

SQL requires a different way of thinking than most forms of coding, but once you get it, it's fairly satisfying to work in. Can't say the same about PHP!

Honestly at the moment I just want to know how to mess with it. Info security and stuff like that. I think it'd be useful to learn now than wait later when I need it.

And thanks for the explanation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saxon said:

So the latest furry drama concerns an image of 'Rump tower' where 'no knickers are allowed', a pun on 'Trump tower' and 'niggers', and what I thought was an obvious dig at Donald Trump.

Furries are responding to the post as if the artist who drew it wants segregation to be resumed.

There is a concerning amount of people who can't tell if something is satire, as commonly seen on r/CringeAnarchy.

2 minutes ago, LazerMaster5 said:

There is a concerning amount of people who can't tell if something is satire, as commonly seen on r/CringeAnarchy.

IMO it's all part of the feedback loop of Furries complaining that they have a bad public image, while constantly talking about how bad the other furries are.

• Like 1

My coworker told me about a mean little trick he played on his dog. He made up a snowball to play fetch with his dog and tossed it in the snow to watch him look for the "ball."

He got his comeuppance, though, as later while walking, the dog dragged him over a big patch of ice and he went for a little ski-trip :P

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DrGravitas said:

I have the strangest urge to work on modelling wings today. I guess I'll see how far I get when I get home this evening.

Already found a helpful ref link among one of my usual modelling-related sites:

brrdtut.jpg

Winged arch-angel fox, now.

Also, I got my eyebrows done. (Did?)

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

Winged arch-angel fox, now.

Also, I got my eyebrows done. (Did?)

Should go well with the halo :P

Also how does one bleach/dye their eyebrows anyhow? Sounds very tricky.

I've occasionally wondered what people would say if I suddenly showed up to the office one day as a blonde. Knowing my coworkers, I expect there would be a ton of super saiyan jokes. They love those vid of people 'powering up' in stuff like those mall wind-tunnel things XD

Just now, Socketosis said:

Yes. What do they use them for?

The Alula, or thumb wing, disrupts lamina air flow over the wing, allowing the bird to make fine adjustments to flight when moving slowly.

Some birds, such as the Humming birds, have dispensed with the need for the thumb wing, and they have fused it to the rest of the hand, so that it is immobile. The humming birds also lack a true elbow joint, having diverted major nerves and blood vessels to run straight across from the upper arm to the hand.

• Like 2

The thumbs are about as useful as the thumbs on a T-rex.

3 minutes ago, Saxon said:

Some birds, such as the Humming birds, have dispensed with the need for the thumb wing, and they have fused it to the rest of the hand, so that it is immobile. The humming birds also lack a true elbow joint, having diverted major nerves and blood vessels to run straight across from the upper arm to the hand.

And yet they are the most agile, able to hover and fly backward.

17 minutes ago, DrGravitas said:

Also how does one bleach/dye their eyebrows anyhow? Sounds very tricky.

I've occasionally wondered what people would say if I suddenly showed up to the office one day as a blonde. Knowing my coworkers, I expect there would be a ton of super saiyan jokes. They love those vid of people 'powering up' in stuff like those mall wind-tunnel things xD

Nooo waxed and trimmed to look better.

Dying/dieing (COLOURING) eyebrows is difficult and sorta dangerous, at least usually.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

The thumbs are about as useful as the thumbs on a T-rex.

And yet they are the most agile, able to hover and fly backward.

They're functional in a large number of birds. Humming birds are really friggin' odd. They essentially fly by moving their wrist back and forth horizontally, with the rest of the arm being a vestige they can't really get rid of.

• Vae pinned this topic