General Chat/Time-Waster Thread

Sar

For the most part I try to cut sugar from my drinks. I'm accustomed to sugarless tea and coffee, so Mountain Dew is like a glucose overdose to me. 

If you think that's bad, Lucozade is diabetes in liquid form.

I don't understand why people have such a hard time with Photoshop. It's so easy to use.

The common misconception is that new users are expected to use every possible function. IDEs for progamming have the same stigma.

Why does everyone hate Mountain Dew? I love all the fruity sodas. :C

I've never actually had it. Same goes for Redbull, I think. Or I might have had Redbull but didn't find it memorable enough to commit to memory. I'm certain that I haven't tasted Mountain Dew, though.

EDIT: Well, okay. That was a little further back than I thought!

Edited by Kaedal

I've never actually had it. Same goes for Redbull, I think. Or I might have had Redbull but didn't find it memorable enough to commit to memory. I'm certain that I haven't tasted Mountain Dew, though.

I really don't like Redbull. Then again, I don't like any energy drink.

All I can tolerate is Monster, and even then I mix it half-and-half with apple juice. The combination is actually really tasty.

If you think that's bad, Lucozade is diabetes in liquid form.

plz no 

I'll stick to my unsweetened tea with milk, thanks. 

Oh, Redbull is positively vile. Even the scent is this over the top, nauseatingly sweet bubblegum smell. Eurgh. Same for Monster. Nope nope nope. :C

photoshop is soooo overcomplicated for me

there's too many things and they're not labeled correctly

i like my good ole simple SAI

Ditto. I only use Cs3 for post-processing, but for drawing itself, Sai has brushes that handle way better imo. 

Photoshop is notorious for not being artist-friendly. Many artists who use it do a lot of fiddling before they get to the drawing.

SAI and Manga Studio are great out-of-the-box.

You can get great results with it, but the version I have is clunky, I don't have the money to update and I prefer Sai, so unless a good hybrid alternative comes out, I'm sticking to what I know. 

Photoshop is notorious for not being artist-friendly. Many artists who use it do a lot of fiddling before they get to the drawing.

SAI and Manga Studio are great out-of-the-box.

Both are good choices. But they have got nothing on the Krita Master Race.

I hate coffee. 

I've been buying it more often to try and ween myself off energy drinks and I think I'm starting to enjoy it. I've been starting with Starbucks since most of their items are minimal coffee and mostly sweeteners/flavoring and I'm finding myself slowly wanting more coffee flavor than sweetener.

Monster Rehab is way better than regular monster. After drinking that stuff, normal monster tastes like liquid diabetes. 

I haven't had much of that, or at least that I can remember.

I like the Juiced ones. The new Pipeline Punch is pretty good, as I'm a big fan of tropical flavors n such.

I've been buying it more often to try and ween myself off energy drinks and I think I'm starting to enjoy it. I've been starting with Starbucks since most of their items are minimal coffee and mostly sweeteners/flavoring and I'm finding myself slowly wanting more coffee flavor than sweetener.

Nah not me, the taste is probably the thing I hate about coffee most. I imagine I'll probably have to force myself to drink it though when I get to college/university and I'm just too tired to function properly some days.

Edited by Sutekh_the_Steak

I genuinely enjoy the taste of coffee and things that are overly sweet like soda trigger me hard.

Starbucks is sin.

I think Starbucks is good if you're not accustomed to the taste of coffee and need to ease into it with really sweetened drinks and develop the taste for it. Once you start liking the flavor more, you can move into better quality coffee and ditch the flavoring smoothies that Starbucks offers. I'm used to drinking a lot of sweet things, so Starbucks has helped me start enjoying the taste of coffee by starting out with shit that has almost no coffee at all like frappuccinos and gradually ordering more coffee-focused items like lattes n shit. I'm at the point now where I can somewhat enjoy something that's like half/mostly coffee (I still like sweet things, so flavor creamers are always going to be present in my coffee).

Coffee you say? Last time I was on vacation, my parents were drinking coffee in the car... only the smell was enough for me to throw up.

Sweet things however, can't live without 'em.... Sometimes if I really need something with a sweet taste I put maple syrup in my ice tea :/ 

Cold brew coffee for the summer and pumpkin spice for now, though... omnomnom.

Personally, I like the bitter taste, but I'm also one of those weirdo's who likes her chocolate as dark as her soul. 99% pure black chocolate is best chocolate. <3

Ooh same! I fucking love dark chocolate. 

Edited by Sutekh_the_Steak

Monster Rehab is way better than regular monster. After drinking that stuff, normal monster tastes like liquid diabetes. 

Green is about the only one I can stand in large quantities. Although sometimes I go for pink, just because it's there, and it's tolerable (albeit way too sweet).
I really wish I could find the green kind more, because it's really good, and it actually keeps me awake.

I think Starbucks is good if you're not accustomed to the taste of coffee and need to ease into it with really sweetened drinks and develop the taste for it. Once you start liking the flavor more, you can move into better quality coffee and ditch the flavoring smoothies that Starbucks offers. I'm used to drinking a lot of sweet things, so Starbucks has helped me start enjoying the taste of coffee by starting out with shit that has almost no coffee at all like frappuccinos and gradually ordering more coffee-focused items like lattes n shit. I'm at the point now where I can somewhat enjoy something that's like half/mostly coffee (I still like sweet things, so flavor creamers are always going to be present in my coffee).

This is arguable, depending on how much coffee you actually get in your drinks.
I get quadshots, and they're some bitter shit.

This is arguable, depending on how much coffee you actually get in your drinks.
I get quadshots, and they're some bitter shit.

I usually get doubles depending on what I get.

I prefer Dutch Bros. coffee but they don't have any out where I'm at for college.

• Vae pinned this topic