Rant/Rave: I can't stop buying plushies!

Sidewalk Surfboard

This is like, a real problem, kinda. On one hand, I fucking love plushies. On the other hand, I'm trying to save up for an anime convention coming up in May. The 1 day ticket is 20 dollars. Pretty cheap, right? Well, see now, I have to save this 20 bucks until May. I live right next door to 2 thrift stores that sell plushies for dirt cheap. Do you see the problem here? I've tried to be good, but I broke and bought a big, floppy, fluffy lamb plush. It was 3 bucks! I couldn't bare to leave him behind. I really need to practice self control.

I love plushies but I'm too insecure in my masculinity to buy them often.

As it is right now all I have is an umbreon plush. If I were any ballsier I'd have all his eeveelution buddies too, but then I have to explain why to male friends and keep a straight face to the pretty girl at the shop that sells them...

• Like 1

When I was reselling used items, we were forbidden from selling a certain woman tiger plushies because apparently her house was so full of them that it was considered unfair to continue taking advantage of her need to buy them.

I'm glad you guys have something that makes you happy though; I wish buying stuffed animals made me happy too lol.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FlynnCoyote said:

not gonna lie i have this problem also.  now that it's easter season there are some super cute and cuddly looking bunnies at work and it's pretty tempting.  but i don't have any reason to own them and frankly that seems pretty gay.  i do have my eye on some other plush things for someone who i have forced to collect collects them... but i have no legit excuse for the giant bunnies. 

i wasn't even gonna try to resist the plush santa they had at christmas, tbh, but unfortunately they sold out before i had the chance to get one.  :C

but really, i have a whole box of stuffed animals in my damn closet and a bear on my bed.  i need to not.  people will think i'm a woman-child.

OP, the answer is simple: become a man, and then the desire to fit your established gender role will put the fear into you and prevent you from surrounding yourself with fluffy cuteness.  that, or put your money in a box/jar clearly labeled with the thing for which it is intended.  nothing that goes into the "anime con fund" jar comes out until it's time for anime con.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, FlynnCoyote said:

As it is right now all I have is an umbreon plush. If I were any ballsier I'd have all his eeveelution buddies too, but then I have to explain why to male friends and keep a straight face to the pretty girl at the shop that sells them...

Haha what a fag.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Jtrekkie said:

We require a photo of the floppy fluffy lamb plush. If it has any floppy fluffy friends that wish to be in the picture, that is acceptable.

Can you reward yourself with anime plush at the convention?

WpjmFqZ.jpg

2. That's actually what I planned on doing. I'm still planning on doing it. I've just gotta keep my buying under control until May.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2017 at 10:34 AM, Sutekh_the_Steak said:

try find something you don't need anymore and sell it on ebay to recoup the costs

She should become a Beanie Baby trader, to fund her collection. Especially if she has a time machine.

• Like 1