VGmaster9

I'm literally fucking depressed right now...

I don't think I've ever felt this this down in my life. Knowing that net neutrality is about to go away, I feel that things will never be the same for me. The internet has been a part of my daily life and is the reason that I've known about so much stuff in the world. What's worse, with Trump as president, I don't think the country will ever recover from this. He is always appointing the worst people in positions of power, and is going to fuck this country over. I don't want to live the rest of my life in misery and I fear that is now on going to happen.

• Like 1

I recommend you stay away from political stuff at all cost and search some nice and funny things.

We really need a bit of a warm light in these times.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Nova said:

I recommend you stay away from political stuff at all cost and search some nice and funny things.

I agree totally, but stuff like this is very hard to ignore, especially the net neutrality situation. It will affect everyone in the coming future regardless of political stance, having our favorite sites throttled, blocked, and/or having to pay for them in packages (unless a miracle later happens).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nova said:

Reminds me of this rhyme:

Here is a candle to light the way ahead,

Here is a choppa to chop off your head!

;P

11 hours ago, VGmaster9 said:

What's worse, with Trump as president, I don't think the country will ever recover from this.

Oh yes, because Obama was such a beacon of progress and freedom.

303687_433664670002739_1227079433_n.jpg&

The same groups of people were in charge during Bush's time, Obama's time and Trump's time (central bank, commercial banks and other "financial services companies", media companies, MIC, etc). Trump isn't the cause of USA's fall but more of a herald if anything else.

Pepperbridge Farm remembers.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Battlechili said:

Isn't it a bit early to panic?

Its like you're admitting defeat before the bad stuff has actually happened. Net neutrality isn't gone yet.

I know it's early, I'm sure we can still beat it but it's going to take a lot of time. The 3-2 decision for the 14th has already been made. I just hope that some miracle happens before that, and if the vote does pass, they will get nuked in court.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2017 at 11:11 AM, VGmaster9 said:

I don't think I've ever felt this this down in my life. Knowing that net neutrality is about to go away, I feel that things will never be the same for me. The internet has been a part of my daily life and is the reason that I've known about so much stuff in the world. What's worse, with Trump as president, I don't think the country will ever recover from this. He is always appointing the worst people in positions of power, and is going to fuck this country over. I don't want to live the rest of my life in misery and I fear that is now on going to happen.

Get a life.

• Like 1

Every time I go and read the news I come away feeling like shit. "He did what?" "They're killing what?"

I don't know what to do. It's irresponsible for me to just ignore what is going on. I'm not a child. I should be informed. But reading this shit and knowing how corrupt and awful the people in power are just makes me feel like shit, like I need to fuck off and sleep for a few years.

Alcohol is a good middleman.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2017 at 2:11 PM, VGmaster9 said:

https://www.voanews.com/a/no-end-in-sight-yemen-war-analysts-say/4152480.html 

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-23431534

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5143115/ISIS-execution-video-showing-Syrian-pilot-burned-alive.html

If it's any consolation, there is much worse out there that we thankfully don't have to deal with. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Silo said:

If it's any consolation, there is much worse out there that we thankfully don't have to deal with. 

And soon, you probably won't even be allowed to know about it either.

Yay, freedom!

• Like 4

On 12/4/2017 at 9:06 PM, Victor-933 said:

_72947352_knifesurrender1.thumb.jpg.7f0adccf31b417e9917ff967f5849178.jpg

Can I forego getting a life and just get a knife instead? Knives are fun to play with.

And to OP, while Net Neutrality seems to be something you care about a lot, there are a lot of other shit going on that's even worse. Hopefully if or when it ends, it won't be as bad as people are predicting and the internet will still function.

In defence of the OP, just because worse things are happening doesn't mean that bad things should be overlooked.

For example, there are wars all over the world, so let's not arrest any burglars eh? Worse things happen!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Faust said:

In defence of the OP, just because worse things are happening doesn't mean that bad things should be overlooked.

For example, there are wars all over the world, so let's not arrest any burglars eh? Worse things happen!

Yeah but he's being a melodramatic turd and we are simply pointing out how much of a stinky little turdie he is.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Faust said:

While I am hoping for the best, I'm still fearing for the worst.

Net neutrality is the main reason why the internet is what it is today. The internet has been my escape and has been my primary source of knowledge and entertainment for almost my entire life. It's what has kept me happy for so long, like seeing stories that you wouldn't get from books, movies, or TV shows, as well as lots of great art to enjoy. We need the internet in this day and age, like for business and education. If not for it, we wouldn't know about said wars that are going on. Just imagine seeing all your favorite sites go away just because they couldn't afford the fast lanes.

I'm truly hoping that the FCC faces legal battles in court as soon as they take the vote, and hoping that the judges favor the internet users, I.E. we the people.

Edit: https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/11/comcast-quietly-drops-promise-not-to-charge-tolls-for-internet-fast-lanes/

2 hours ago, VGmaster9 said:

While I am hoping for the best, I'm still fearing for the worst.

Net neutrality is the main reason why the internet is what it is today. The internet has been my escape and has been my primary source of knowledge and entertainment for almost my entire life. It's what has kept me happy for so long, like seeing stories that you wouldn't get from books, movies, or TV shows, as well as lots of great art to enjoy. We need the internet in this day and age, like for business and education. If not for it, we wouldn't know about said wars that are going on. Just imagine seeing all your favorite sites go away just because they couldn't afford the fast lanes.

I'm truly hoping that the FCC faces legal battles in court as soon as they take the vote, and hoping that the judges favor the internet users, I.E. we the people.

Edit: https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/11/comcast-quietly-drops-promise-not-to-charge-tolls-for-internet-fast-lanes/

10 hours ago, VGmaster9 said:

Net neutrality is the main reason why the internet is what it is today.

Straining infrastructure, little incentive to implement new technologies, and a virtual impossibility for new companies to edge the big players out of a near monopoly? The internet isn't in great shape today.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jtrekkie said:

Straining infrastructure, little incentive to implement new technologies, and a virtual impossibility for new companies to edge the big players out of a near monopoly? The internet isn't in great shape today.

Would you rather have ISPs denying access, slowing down speeds, and forcing you to pay more? With the end of net neutrality, you may very well see some of the sites and apps you go to go out of business because they couldn't afford the fees for people to access them.

On 09/12/2017 at 2:07 AM, Toshabi said:

Yeah but he's being a melodramatic turd and we are simply pointing out how much of a stinky little turdie he is.

Your fingers are going to wear out with the typing if you keep on visiting Furry forums then :D

On 09/12/2017 at 1:59 PM, Jtrekkie said:

I don't think any of those things are a direct result of Net Neutrality.

• Like 1