Last movie you've heard of or seen with yer eyes

yell0wf0x

The Forest-

It's odd, 6-8 years ago I would've said just because it actually tried to establish characters it was better than most wide theatrically released horror

But now those tend to be so-so, rather than rubbish, so its average or maybe a bit subpar.

Deadpool too.

Pretty good movie, but I can't help but feeling a little annoyed by the way they paced it, having the highway battle, then interrupting that battle a few times to add backstory.

Also, the oxygen igniting and exploding the oxygen tanks? I know I've argued about this before in this forum, but oxygen is not a fuel, it's an oxidizer. It does not burn, but acts as a catalyst for something else to burn. The match would have flared up quite a bit, but not to that extent. Plus, consider that the amount of oxygen going through those pipes was very low to induce the sensation of suffocation.

And yea, I know deadpool is a dick, but that indian cab driver? Didn't pay fare twice. And the guy had someone in the trunk, and a bag of weapons, when he crashed, so the cops would find both of those things. Let's make racist jokes about Indian cab drivers in this movie ho ho ho.

Camera Trap.

Very generic found footage movie. But most notably, until recently, the two wide theatrical releases I'd seen this year were the worst. If it had happened with the first three, that might be rant-worthy but this movie is actually worse than one of those, so now that rant won't happen. On the upside I don't have the urge to write a long boring rant.

sicario-2015-movie-poster.jpg

An incredible movie. Go see it, but only if you have a strong stomach. Gutwrenchings and suspence/stress-induced increased heartbeat rates guaranteed

Edited by Guest

Interstellar

I think its the best movie I've ever seen. Its extremely uncomfortable to watch, but also exciting and interesting. Its interesting as well how much science that went into the film, although I was disappointed that towards the latter half it started to make up stuff. Still a fantastic film though, and the soundtrack was amazing.

Ended up seeing Zootopia today with about 15 other furs. ZOMGbestfilmevah11/10filmofthecenturygonnabringfurryintothemainstreammygodNickissohotjustwanthimtoyiffmytailhole24/7.

Eh, it was alright. Fairly basic plot and you could see all the twists and developments coming a mile off but it's comments on facing the often disappointing reality of life and especially on racism and how it can be manipulated for political gains impressed me quite a bit. Plus, y'know...animal people and shit.

Oh, and everything about the sloth scenes were hilarious.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw Moonrise Kingdom last night. Wasn't a movie I ever thought I'd watch (it looked boring), but there was nothing else on Netflix i felt like watching, and i've been meaning to see more of Wes Anderson's work, so... I actually ended up quite enjoying it! Yeah, the plot itself was a little lame but the storytelling and visuals really made for a nice experience. The side characters were what really won the movie over in my opinion. Bruce Willis as the sheriff, Jason Schwartzman as the scout leader, Bill Murray as an asshole... It was just really memorable. I got really depressed after watching it tho, so that was......fun.

I have a theory that everything after the "lightning strike" scene was a dream sequence.

Edited by Endless/Nameless

On April 9, 2016 at 7:47 PM, Endless/Nameless said:

Saw Moonrise Kingdom last night. Wasn't a movie I ever thought I'd watch (it looked boring), but there was nothing else on Netflix i felt like watching, and i've been meaning to see more of Wes Anderson's work, so... I actually ended up quite enjoying it! Yeah, the plot itself was a little lame but the storytelling and visuals really made for a nice experience. The side characters were what really won the movie over in my opinion. Bruce Willis as the sheriff, Jason Schwartzman as the scout leader, Bill Murray as an asshole... It was just really memorable. I got really depressed after watching it tho, so that was......fun.

I have a theory that everything after the "lightning strike" scene was a dream sequence.

Thanks for the recommendation.  It was not what I was expecting but I quite enjoyed it. It's one of those movies that's terribly hard to classify.   

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I checked out the new Jungle Book yesterday and was fairly impressed.  Good script, cast, and acting.  Fantastic CGI animals.  I mean like REALLY well done.  You could tell it was CGI, but it was plenty good enough to suspend all disbelief and get engaged with the animal characters.  And the fur rendering was AMAZING.  At this point Disney is just showing off with the fur rendering.  If you like fur you should see the movie just for that.  At this point they could put fur on a kitchen table and make it look totally believable.  

And if you want spoilers read below-

Interesting change to the ending as well.  Animal boy gets to stay in the wind with his animal friends?  What sort of social message is this?

6 hours ago, Strongbob said:

I checked out the new Jungle Book yesterday and was fairly impressed.  

Reveal hidden contents

Interesting change to the ending as well.  Animal boy gets to stay in the wind with his animal friends?  What sort of social message is this?

I have no desire to see this.

But I am curious; after seeing it, would you say remaking it was justified?

37 minutes ago, Endless/Nameless said:

I have no desire to see this.

But I am curious; after seeing it, would you say remaking it was justified?

You should see it, if just to get you out of your slump ;)   I think the remake was justified.  The CG is really well done.  The movie keeps everything I liked from the original, takes out everything I didn't like, and adds just enough new stuff to keep you interested in the story.  It also has some dark and scary moments too which I was not expecting.  

Just now, Strongbob said:

You should see it, if just to get you out of your slump ;)   I think the remake was justified.  The CG is really well done.  The movie keeps everything I liked from the original, takes out everything I didn't like, and adds just enough new stuff to keep you interested in the story.  It also has some dark and scary moments too which I was not expecting.  

But I'm afraid I'd just get angry and ranty! :P

I'm rather surprised actually; I recall the trailer not being very impressive. But I must confess to not really liking The Jungle Book all that much in the first place. I'm glad it's good tho; a lot of people will get a kick out of it then. 

Heavyweights! I read an article somewhere it was gonna be taken off netflix soon so I decided to give it a watch before it went. It's good! Not my favourite goofy kids film but good nonetheless

is it as good as people say it is?

Batman Vs Superman. Below is my thoughts on it....
I rather like the first scene of the movie. No, not the dead parents scene, the Metropolis 9/11 scene. Great that the whole thing is shown from Bruce's prospective. Yea, I immediately noticed the 9/11 parallels.
Batfleck. I like the way Affleck does Batman. Pretty cool. The batmobile looks awesome (and this is from someone who liked the tank from the Nolanverse). Not a huge fan of the batwing though. And, instead of the retarded growling BatBale did, this bat has a voice modulator. I know some people had issue with Bat using weapons on his vehicles, and shooting/blowing up people, and that did put me off a bit, but I think I could get over that.
Speaking of the bat, I also loved Jeremy Irons playing Alfred. We need Irons in more movies dammit....
Wonder Woman. Gal Gadot, despite having a strange name, is fucking sexy as all hell. Talk about having a raging nerd boner.

Dislikes
Biggest dislike was this Lex Luthor. It was an interesting take on him but I didn't really like it. Had he been the Joker, then his personality would have made sense. And what was his intent, anyway? I guess I could understand it, he saw Superman and Batman as a threat to his plans of future world domination, and decided to get them to fight with each other, and create Doomsday to kill the victor/clean up the remains? Still, it doesn't explain it well enough. And what exactly would he do with doomsday after both were defeated, let him roam the earth destroying everything? Or did he have a bunch of Kryptonite missiles lying around, and if that's the case why didn't he use them on Superman instead?

Also, kinda disappointing was I didn't feel the drive or emotions of the main characters. Like Superman. I could understand his sadness that he's trying to be a good guy and help people and everyone's scared of him because well, xenophobia and people are afraid of someone who's godlike and uncontrollable, but I didn't really feel it. Eh. Or even Kent's anger towards Batman. Batman rarely kills anyone, yet Kent's acting like he's pure evil when Superman does the same shit sometimes. Even more so Batfleck's anger towards superman. I get that Wayne tower falls and kills a bunch of his employees, I still understand the fear and xenophobia towards someone way different than you who can do anything without being able to be controlled. But, I just didn't feel like Batfleck's anger towards Superman seemed justified or made sense.

And also the desert scene. If they actually investigated they would have figured out that Superman didn't kill those people. Still, why were so many people up in arms because Superman "killed" a bunch of TERRORISTS (even though he didn't)? Seriously. This was a main point of the entire film, as if a small terrorist compound in Africa is that fucking important.

Eh, it felt like they took the idea of Batman and Superman fighting and then wrote a story around the idea, trying to make everything fit into that plot point, which is why the movie is a mess and people's motives seem stupid.

I give it a 5... or maybe 6 if I'm feeling generous, because at least it was entertaining.

Jurassic World

We recently purchased the HBONow Service and decided to watch this film. Besides a minor issue with the coding for it causing the video to double play, it was a really entertaining film, I enjoyed trying to figure out who was gonna die and who would live, it wasn't too hard :3

Battle Beyond the Stars - A low-budget sci-fi shoot-em-up loosely retelling the Magnificent Seven and the Seven Samurai.  Not outstanding, but not bad either.

Space Raiders - A low-budget sci-fi flick reusing a bunch of music, props, and miniatures from Battle Beyond the Stars that I still haven't been able to watch all the way through.

• 2 weeks later...