Trans people preying on girls in bathrooms oh my!!!

Crazy Lee

on a tangential note, I never understood why "not all men" was such a hated phrase. But its true, not all men do the things? Is it because men use that phrase but they are a man therefore it is invalid?

I'm pretty sure it's something along the lines of people associating it with men dismissing sexism by saying that not every man is sexist or something along those lines. Like most things like that, It's kinda stupid.

• Like 3

on a tangential note, I never understood why "not all men" was such a hated phrase. But its true, not all men do the things? Is it because men use that phrase but they are a man therefore it is invalid?

Let me explain it to you by replacing 'Men' with 'Germans'.

"In the 1940's the Germans raged a murderous genocide against the Jews."
"Yeah, but not ALL Germans did that!"
"This was allowed by increasing anti-Semitism in western Europe, culminating with the Nuremburg laws being passed."
"But that doesn't mean that every German was involved!  Some Germans even opposed this!"
"GOD DAMNIT, WE ARE TRYING TO HAVE A FUCKING CONVERSATION ABOUT THE HOLOCAUST HERE!"

• Like 1

I think you missed the point that last question was sarcasm and she was making a point via sarcasm...unless I missed your point with having an issue with her point. Point.

I have an issue with her point because every time something like this happens she comes in and starts blaming straight men.
It's not straight men's fault. It's stupid people's fault. She once assumed I was a straight man because I had an opinion that differed from hers.

"This was allowed by increasing anti-Semitism in western Europe, culminating with the Nuremburg laws being passed."
"But that doesn't mean that every German was involved!  Some Germans even opposed this!"
"GOD DAMNIT, WE ARE TRYING TO HAVE A FUCKING CONVERSATION ABOUT THE HOLOCAUST HERE!"

See this is why your "sarcasm" isn't funny. You're technically implying that all men do this and that. Which is fucking stupid.

Poe's law is really fucking with me so I'm just gonna shut up

Sidewalk, I dunno how to tell you this, but Steve from Bropiddle.com, who is totally straight and who is just a businessman trying to achieve the American dream like everybody else...  Is not real.  It was a ridiculous and sarcastic scenario exemplifying that it's inappropriate behavior in the bathroom that is the problem rather than the sexual orientation or gender identity of individuals in the bathroom.  I'm very sorry that my hyper realistic and entirely plausible scenario mislead you.  I hope that you will accept my apologies.

Sidewalk, I dunno how to tell you this, but Steve from Bropiddle.com, who is totally straight and who is just a businessman trying to achieve the American dream like everybody else...  Is not real.  It was a ridiculous and sarcastic scenario exemplifying that it's inappropriate behavior in the bathroom that is the problem rather than the sexual orientation or gender identity of individuals in the bathroom.  I'm very sorry that my hyper realistic and entirely plausible scenario mislead you.  I hope that you will accept my apologies.

You forgot your damned :V man

See this is why your "sarcasm" isn't funny. You're technically implying that all men do this and that. Which is fucking stupid.

But not all Germans WERE involved in the holocaust.  It's that the discussion of Germans who were ignorant of or not in favour of the treatment of the Jews is basically irrelevant to a discussion about the Holocaust because it is a discussion of major players and actions in broad strokes, there the individual will of all Germans at a single moment of time.  To constantly point out 'But not all Germans' is to derail the conversation with a pointless fact.

It relates to derailment of any kind of important topic, because of someone's victimization complex. Because they can't comprehend the implied context that mentioning a group for point of reference does not mean the entire group.
Common sense would bring someone to such conclusions naturally, but common sense is in such pitifully short supply you could probably charge some pretty heavy bank for that shit.

It'd be the same as if we were discussing furries doing dumb things, and someone coming in and going "NOT ALL FURRIES ARE LIKE THAT. STOP FURSECUTING ME."
That's literally what it is.
That's literally what's fucking happening in here.
That's literally what was was happening in discussions about women being raped and preyed upon, when the phrase originated.

It's about trying to shift a conversation topic away from its original point, to focus on "BUT WHAT ABOUT MEEEE."

• Like 3

My problem isn't with people saying "not all men", my problem is with people trying to come back and say "NO NO NO YOU'RE WRONG IT IS ALL MEN"

Well, I'm not saying that, so stop bitching at me for saying it.  If you can't do that at least, please bitch at Vae for saying it as well, as they are not saying that either.

I share most of your views. :l

You derail every thread with this us vs them Reddit drama. It's irrelevant to this topic and you get threads locked with this nonsense. For like no reason. 

Have I done anything wrong? Honestly, have I done anything wrong in this thread? Is this thread locked?
I haven't brought up Reddit once, and I have no clue why you're stirring the shit-pot. I didn't start this, you did.

Get off my back and either discuss this or don't, but this is my last post towards you.

Well, I'm not saying that, so stop bitching at me for saying it.  If you can't do that at least, please bitch at Vae for saying it as well, as they are not saying that either.

I'm sorry I got mad for taking what you said wrong. I did a stupid and you helped me realize it. I'm not gonna try to debate with you anymore because these pissing contest help nobody

I'm sorry I got mad for taking what you said wrong. I did a stupid and you helped me realize it. I'm not gonna try to debate with you anymore because these pissing contest help nobody

To be clear, no debate or pissing contest has occurred, because everything you took issue with didn't happen and it was all in your head.

Edited by AshleyAshes

To be clear, no debate or pissing contest has occurred, because everything you took issue with didn't happen and it was all in your head.

That's not my fucking point, my point is that every time we talk it turns into an argument and I don't want that to happen anymore because I'm clearly too fucking retarded to detect your sarcasm

Have I done anything wrong? Honestly, have I done anything wrong in this thread? Is this thread locked?I haven't brought up Reddit once, and I have no clue why you're stirring the shit-pot. I didn't start this, you did.

Get off my back and either discuss this or don't, but this is my last post towards you.

I didn't start anything. I told you to stop your attempt at changing the subject to an inevitable argument that is totally irrelevant to the topic.

It wasn't about you being right or wrong because for all intents and purposes, I'd probably agree with you. It was about it not being the time or place for the tired debate you -know- you were going to get into.

If me posting one word trying to negate something pointless is stirring the shit pot and enough to seriously anger you, then you give me too much power.

And why is it always "getting on your back" when someone challenges YOU? Nvm, you said you're done talking to me.

Well...now that that was all resolved forthe most part

I still find fault with the disdain of the phrase 'not all men' depending on its use, sometimes it really does seem to imply as if it's all men, and not the all men at fault. It really does depend on context, but I at least understand the meaning of it now, I can tell there are a lot of butthurt men trying to exclude themselves from it, probably.

OT:there really should be more unisex restrooms, though, it would make things so much easier! It doesnt even have to be multiple stalls, it could just be a one-bathroom area because most people are going to use gendered bathrooms anywyas. Unisex bathrooms would be helpful to people who are in-between and not fitting in either (unless a transperson passes well, they dont fit in because they were born one way and are another)

• Like 2

OT:there really should be more unisex restrooms, though, it would make things so much easier!

I'm very puzzled by single occupant public restrooms that are gendered.  Like, a bathroom with a locking door, and inside is the toilet, sink, and whatever, but there's TWO of these rooms and one marked 'Men' and the other 'Women'.  WHY?  THEY ARE PRIVATE INDIVIDUAL BATHROOMS.  Oh wait, the Women's restroom has one of those diaper changing tables and the bin for hygene products?  Cool, put those in the other bathroom and now you just have 'Two Bathrooms'.  This is more efficient and requires basically no effort.  If someone owned a house with two bathrooms they wouldn't gender them, they'd just have TWO BATHROOMS.

Edited by AshleyAshes
  • Like 2

OT:there really should be more unisex restrooms, though, it would make things so much easier! It doesnt even have to be multiple stalls, it could just be a one-bathroom area because most people are going to use gendered bathrooms anywyas. Unisex bathrooms would be helpful to people who are in-between and not fitting in either (unless a transperson passes well, they dont fit in because they were born one way and are another)

I totally agree with the suggestion of unisex bathrooms, however there are a few criticisms to be made about it (note: this does NOT mean I do not support them, I totally do).
First one being: This will not stop hate crimes against trans people. It won't become a safe space for trans people, either. It should not be brought up as an end-all-be-all to trans issues because this is somethign we need to fight for, for a long time.
Second, to argue with my first point: Family bathrooms exist, and I'm sure trans people use them. I am not aware of any hate crimes against trans people in family bathrooms, although I imagine this is such a specific scenario that it would be hard to even come up with numbers on it

All in all,  I do not understand why people believe that allowing trans people into the correct bathrooms will automatically result in them creeping on people. If a predator wants to record you in the bathroom, they will find a way to do it -- THEY ALREADY DO! There are many cases of people installing hidden cameras in bathrooms! There was a guy caught just recently with hidden cameras in his own bathroom (his excuse was that he wanted to monitor if anyone was stealing his medication, but the judge wondered why he wouldn't just fucking move/hide the meds)

If someone wants to assault you in a bathroom sexually, they will do it. They don't care about the law as-is, that's why they're spying or assaulting you to begin with, what makes you think that they will care about being spotted walking into a bathroom??

Let people shit/piss wherever, as long as its in a fuclkin toilet or urinal, sheesh

• Like 2

I'm very puzzled by single occupant public restrooms that are gendered.  Like, a bathroom with a locking door, and inside is the toilet, sink, and whatever, but there's TWO of these rooms and one marked 'Men' and the other 'Women'.  WHY?  THEY ARE PRIVATE INDIVIDUAL BATHROOMS.  Oh wait, the Women's restroom has one of those diaper changing tables and the bin for hygene products?  Cool, put those in the other bathroom and now you just have 'Two Bathrooms'.  This is more efficient and requires basically no effort.  If someone owned a house with two bathrooms they wouldn't gender them, they'd just have TWO BATHROOMS.

Reminds me of something else I always wonder about. Why is the only baby care station in the women's room? What if you're a man and you need to change a baby's diaper? I mean fathers are a thing, sometimes a lone dad is out all by himself at the local pizza hut with a baby that decided now is the best time to take a big nasty dookie but the only changing table on the premises is in the lady's room.  

I don't see why restrooms should be a big deal. As long as people are guaranteed some privacy in the form of locking stalls why does it matter who's in there with you? Likewise if someone really wants to creep on you in the bathroom they'll do it anyway, banning transpeople won't stop them.

• Like 4

that argument is true, however my suggestion wasnt necessarily so people shut up about that and separate people, but so it creates a situation thats more comfortable for some of the users.

Trans people should still be able to use their gender bathrooms, I dont think its something to wave off with the third-bathroom idea entirely.

Edited by WolfNightV4X1

that argument is true, however my suggestion wasnt necessarily so people shut up about that and separate people, but so it creates a situation thats more comfortable for the user.

Trans people should still be able to use their gender bathrooms, I dont think its something to wave off with the third-bathroom idea entirely.

oh i agree with you, i was just adding on

it really is for making trans people more comfortable, in the end

Reminds me of something else I always wonder about. Why is the only baby care station in the women's room? What if you're a man and you need to change a baby's diaper? I mean fathers are a thing, sometimes a lone dad is out all by himself at the local pizza hut with a baby that decided now is the best time to take a big nasty dookie but the only changing table on the premises is in the lady's room.

I'm totally with you there.  I'm sure MORE women are out there with their toddlers than men, but that's no reason that a public bank of restrooms should only offer a changing table for women only.  It's not exactly a massive and complicated appliance to install.  Bathrooms generally have identical floor space for men or women, so if one has a pull down changing table on a wall, then the other can accommodate it as well.  Those things can't be terribly expensive either.  Infact, I just looked online, the run about $250-$500, which is a fairly trivial expense when installing a restroom for a commercial venue.

• Like 2

I still find fault with the disdain of the phrase 'not all men' depending on its use, sometimes it really does seem to imply as if it's all men, and not the all men at fault. It really does depend on context, but I at least understand the meaning of it now, I can tell there are a lot of butthurt men trying to exclude themselves from it, probably.

Context is definitely important, and I can't say I really like the use of buzzwords and buzzphrases as placeholders for substantive argument. Going back to the "Not all Germans" example above, obviously it's a stupid thing to bring up in a discussion of the actions of Nazi Germany; however, if you're discussing something like the internment of German-Americans, then "Not all Germans" suddenly becomes very, very important.

This is only an issue, though, if a word or phrase gets some degree of social heft associated with it while simultaneously being separated from its original context. For the German example, the two cases are clear because we aren't inclined to read anything into "Not all Germans" beyond the individual statements.

if you're discussing something like the internment of German-Americans, then "Not all Germans" suddenly becomes very, very important.

Actually, no German Americans of any really measurable count were interned in the United States during WWII and there were some 1.2 million German Americans in the United States during the war..  About 10 000+ German nationals were interned however but they did not hold American citizenship.  It really points out how much of a problem it was when compared to the 120 000 or so Japanese Americans who were forcibly relocated. =X

Actually, no German Americans of any really measurable count were interned in the United States during WWII and there were some 1.2 million German Americans in the United States during the war..  About 10 000+ German nationals were interned however but they did not hold American citizenship.  It really points out how much of a problem it was when compared to the 120 000 or so Japanese Americans who were forcibly relocated. =X

And the mass internment of Japanese Americans was, of course, terrible. Which is why, when considering internment, the separation of ancestry/ethnicity from the associated state is not an irrelevant detail but of crucial importance.

I don't see why restrooms should be a big deal. As long as people are guaranteed some privacy in the form of locking stalls why does it matter who's in there with you? Likewise if someone really wants to creep on you in the bathroom they'll do it anyway, banning transpeople won't stop them.

To add to this, several men's only bathrooms I've used have had baby changing tables (mostly big chain supermarkets). Almost like fathers have to pick up the poop too.

I understand people like to get heated about things on the internet. But come on, it's not like anyone here has outright denied the right of transpeople to use a toilet. Be cool, people.

But come on, it's not like anyone here has outright denied the right of transpeople to use a toilet. Be cool, people.

http://www.dallasvoice.com/watch-transgender-woman-arrested-entering-mens-bathroom-houston-library-1053384.html

This is just the FIRST case that Google spit out when I specifically searched for transsexuals being arrested for using the bathroom in the state of Texas.

Edited by AshleyAshes

http://www.dallasvoice.com/watch-transgender-woman-arrested-entering-mens-bathroom-houston-library-1053384.html

This is just the FIRST case that Google spit out when I specifically searched for transsexuals being arrested for using the bathroom in the state of Texas.

Sorry, I meant people posting in this thread. I can well believe this happens in real life.

• Like 1

...wait what? I've seen mens room changing stations in a majority of the public bathrooms I've went to. Not all of them though, so I see your point, but I didnt realize that was an issue in other places

• Like 2

I get what you're trying to get at but if you're talking about the Holocaust, saying the Germans committed genocide against the Jews is kind of a misleading statement. Yes a good portion of Germany was anti-semitic, yes a good portion participated in rallies/supported Hitler, but ultimately it wasn't all Germans. The Nazis committed genocide

Also people already vilify the majority of Germans for the Holocaust because most people believe that all of Germany was at fault so doesn't this kind of add to a stereotype too?

Anyway, I never really have liked this generalization tbh. Mostly because people tend to use it as a means to demonize every man in existence

Edited by willow
  • Like 1

Actually, the first "but not ALL Germans" could be considered a stupid wording for a relevant notion: That talking about the Nazis raging a murderous genocide while in control of Germany is more accurate (with one possible thread of the discussion being about the distinction between Germans and Nazis (What portions were Nazis, opposition, apathic, Why were they, ...)

The second "but not ALL Germans" doesn't make any sense related to the "This was allowed..." sentence, ofcourse.

The notion of gendered bathrooms in general is up for re-evaluation, too, imho.  What reasons could there be for seperating the sexes?

1) Sensibility. (Like religion for example)

-> Might be re-evaluated, too. Might be served by having additional single Bathrooms.

2) Security. Which seems to imply that criminals would only do harm to the opposite sex. Which means

2a) There is a distinction between general sexual orientation and sexual orientation when choosing victims.

-> Seems highly questionable.

2b) All criminals are straight because only straight can be sex offenders.

-> Nope.

2c) All criminals are straight because all people in general are straight.

-> Nope. But might have been a wrong belief that lead to the creation of men/women bathrooms.

Okay, now I have been silent on this board for some time because there are a great deal of you whose opinions I do not agree, but when it comes to this and the parroting that is being done of news media, you just sound like DAMN FOOLS about this topic!

The Hero Bill is a long and convoluted history.

If you want the long and short of it, The vast majority of the bill was a good bill. The only part most of Houston had problems with, 61% of those who voted on Tuesday November 3rd, had was with the clause regarding bathrooms and locker rooms. In reality what it said was that a man could enter the women's bathroom, shower room or locker room. Now with most transgenders this isn't a problem really once you get down to it. Short of groping a persons crotch or running an X-ray machine by the front door into such places, how is anyone going to know? A guy dressed in a woman's sun dress is not going to arouse much suspicion. Now if that man looks like a man and dresses like a man and goes in the women's bathroom, he will. That was the complaint. A Person could just decide to say "Oh. Today, I am not Samuel, I am Samantha and I am going to use the women's bathroom, even though I look like Samuel."

If Samuel wants to be Samantha and act like Samantha, he needs to have an outward portrayal of Samantha and people may even call him Samantha or "Ma'am." Otherwise, he looks like a pervert walking into the girl's bathroom. It really is the major complaint. And if you had young daughters in the bathroom using the bathroom, you as a father or mother would want some level of protection for your child(ren).

HERO Bill Timeline.

-May 28, 2014: HERO Bill voted on by City Council by 11-5 vote and is announced by mayor Parker.

-Between May 28 and July 3, 2014: HERO Bill comes to the attention of voters

-Several Prominent Greater Houston Area Pastors are ACCUSED of having sermons directing members to sign petitions at church supposedly “blocking the HERO Bill.” It wasn’t about blocking, only putting the matter up for public vote by the citizens of Houston.

-July 3, 2014 Petition is delivered with 50,000 Signatures. Only 17,269 are needed for a topic to get on a ballot.

Local ABC Affiliate on Channel 13 Story.

http://abc13.com/news/city-of-houstons-equal-rights-ordinance-(hero)-suspended/877936/

Mayor’s Press Release:

http://www.houstontx.gov/mayor/press/broad-based-group-ready-defend-hero

-Petition is “lost” by Mayor Parker. I say "lost in quotes. opponents claim she discarded pages. That fact is not made 100% clear.

Houston Press Story:

http://www.houstonpress.com/news/anti-hero-organizers-sue-mayor-annise-parker-7642969

Houston Chronicle Story

http://www.houstontx.gov/mayor/press/hero-repeal-petition-falls-short-required-valid-signatures-ballot

-Annise Parker Subpoenas the Pastors’ Sermons for scrutiny

The Blaze News Story

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/08/03/houston-pastors-hit-back-against-mayor-with-lawsuit-alleging-their-religious-freedoms-were-trampled/

Houston Chronicle Story

http://www.chron.com/news/politics/houston/article/City-subpoenas-pastors-sermons-in-equal-rights-5822403.php

-Outrage over the violation of the 1st Amendment right in American to Freedom of Speech and Freedom of religion

Houston Chronicle Story

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/politics/houston/article/Amid-blowback-city-walks-fine-line-on-pastor-5828210.php

Houston Chronicle Story

http://www.chron.com/news/politics/houston/article/Parker-calls-ERO-sermon-supboeana-overly-broad-5824816.php

-The matter goes to Texas Surpreme Court:

Houston Chronicle Story:

http://www.chron.com/news/politics/houston/article/Texas-Supreme-Court-says-city-erred-on-HERO-6452930.ph

-Annise Parker Drops the Subpoena:

Huffington Post Story:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/29/houston-mayor-sermon-subpoenas_n_6070650.html

-The matter goes up for vote on November 3, 2015 and is clobbered by overwhelming majority

Houston Chronicle Story:

http://www.chron.com/politics/texas-take/article/Texas-Take-Nov-4-2015-6609845.php

Finally a Snopes.com Link

http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/houston.asp

The problem is not with transgenders, and this is something fucking liberal fuck-tard idiots do not fucking get!!! It is with PERVERTS using this law to escape proper lawful prosecution using these laws as a shield to look up women's dresses, molest little girls etc. That is why it would allow perverts. No one said anything about the transgenders being the perverts. Lib-tards said that to twist and contort the argument into an argument of hate, an argument of the Christian right versus everyone else and you all ought to be ashamed for repeating it.

Edited by Skylar Husky

...wait what? I've seen mens room changing stations in a majority of the public bathrooms I've went to. Not all of them though, so I see your point, but I didnt realize that was an issue in other places

There are still a lot of places in the USA that haven't caught up with the times. My area in particular tends to take for granted that the person with a baby is always going to be a woman. 

@Skylar Husky , what is perverted about men and women simply using the same restrooms?

I don't know what it takes to make this fucking clear! I don't!!

Why is this not clear?!

There is nothing wrong with Men and Women using the same restroom, In proper context.

There is a bar my brother likes to go to. It is in the for the lack of a better term, Houston's "gay district." It actually has three bathrooms, a Men's Women's and a Unisex bathroom. But then each of these bathrooms is fitted with a single fixture for single occupancy at a given time. That is not a problem because it will not allow more than one person in the bathroom space at a given time.

I didn't say that transgenders using the bathroom is perverse. You thought that. 

This is the problem. People are wanting to see a war where one does not exist. I do not think that transgenders would be the problem with hurting children. First off, is the statistics of it. There are so few transgenders among society. how many are there in 100 people? 1,000 people? 10,000? I believe the number to be few. So I do not think that the transgenders are the problem.

The problem is a PERVERT wrapping him or herself in the mantle of protection  that such a law would provide. If for instance a child molester molests a little girl in the girl's bathroom, is caught finally, goes to jail, is hauled into court and is facing charges to put them away for 5 or 10 years, don't you think that maybe they might say they were transgendered and had a right to be in the bathroom in the first place?

Do you realize with that law, that the police arrest is therefore null and void, the prosecution has to throw out that case and then the perverts goes SCOT Free to victimize again?

That is where it turns to perverse. . 

It is with PERVERTS using this law to escape proper lawful prosecution using these laws as a shield to look up women's dresses, molest little girls etc.

Can you please cite the exact language in the Houston Equal Rights Ordinance that legalized the sexual assault of children?  Now, to be certain, I am only a Canadian and sometimes your wacky system confuses me, but I am of the understanding that criminal laws primarily determined by the state and it's legislature, and that by matter of legal supremacy, no municipality could pass a law that counters the state's criminal laws.  As such, no municipality could legally protect a child molester or rapist, counter to the state's sexual assault laws.