So, what about the graphics?

Valery91Thunder

Oh, I just meant the header and favicon that was suggested time ago after the split, they didn't look too heavy, sizewise. For what it concerrns the rest of the graphics, I too think it's nice as it is now, not to mention the whole layout of things and all the new stuff (especially the thread preview when you hover on titles!).
The profile section does remind me a bit of Facebook, though. xP

Edited by Valery91Thunder

Yeah, Care and all them said that once they figure out the official name, I'm tackling the graphics and whatnot. They're focusing on getting it running and all of that stuff before they sic me on it. :P 

If we need a banner I can volunteer to make one. For free of course, under the alone condition of being contributed. The one and only question being, when I'll have the time for it.

As for now I'm kinda dead (too much stuff to make, not enough time).

Edited by Ayattar

Yeah, Care and all them said that once they figure out the official name, I'm tackling the graphics and whatnot. They're focusing on getting it running and all of that stuff before they sic me on it. :P 

Well, @Kurin had a pretty sweet suggestion for a logo. Perhaps he can throw it to you?

(Also, that should totally summon him, I think?)

"Phoenix Forums" is perfect. No reason to change it.

Maybe we can have little contests per a decided period of time where artists can draw up and submit banners to be voted on? I think it would be fun and it would keep the site looking fresh!

Also a good idea, not sure specifically about where to put a banner or how big it should be. A seasonal banner and have it be voted on would be awesome. I suggest also having a permanent logo for the forum and that being voted on too. 

Democracy FTW! \o/  

I for one can't wait to see more of the ideas y'all have.

Would it be fair to say that the official name is "Phoenix Forums" ?

If so, then by all means please let the submission of logo ideas, favicons etc commence.

In addition to being confusing (just try googling it), I think we can come up with a better name.  Perhaps "Phoenix Alight" because, well, we're reborn and on f---ing fire!  I was going to post a thread polling for more refined tweaks of the name.

Edit: And I did it anyway.

Edited by ArielMT

Yeah, I think the official name 'phoenix forums' is too much like so many other ones, phoenix alight or phoenix ashes should be better. 

Honestly using the name Phoenix 'anything' is probably still going to be reminiscent of something that likely already exists somewhere

I do like the name though, it works, given the history of the forum, where it came from and how it actually did sorta rise from the dead

Perhaps a subtitle is in order, something more decidedly furry maybe. Otherwise we might accidentally trick some Phoenix enthusiast's into believing this is a forum that caters to their infatuation with fiery resurrection birds

Well, @Kurin had a pretty sweet suggestion for a logo. Perhaps he can throw it to you?

(Also, that should totally summon him, I think?)

Would it be fair to say that the official name is "Phoenix Forums" ?

If so, then by all means please let the submission of logo ideas, favicons etc commence.

Sorry for the delay of my response, was on a camping trip.

I've attached the logo I created, and I have the SVG if you need it.  So there's that, but of course, if someone else wants to design one, go for it!

000170.png

• Like 3

Credit and thanks to Kurin for the logo, and Kalmor for the favicons. I went for the first icon because the second felt a bit too much like the feather logo (and colour gradient) for the Apache webserver to me. I just bashed out a quick logo/name on a pure straw-poll in one of the threads.

I still like it and it seems reasonably suited to the mood and feel that this community has right now.

I'm also glad the favicon is showing for everyone, there is a cache that causes strange behaviour, requesting /favicon.ico for me returns the index showing only the non-existant test forum. And others are probably still seeing the pawprint. So if everybody is seeing the stylised phoenix then it should be good.

The logo looks a little too superhero-ish for me. It's weird that the whole theme of the forum right now is, 'we still exist'. From the logo and url I wouldn't be able to tell that this is a furry forum.

The font will probably be changed, but I think the size right now is way too big, and the motto is just weird. We're seriously putting a bible reference on our furry forum banner?

Edited by SirRob

The logo looks a little too superhero-ish for me. It's weird that the whole theme of the forum right now is, 'we still exist'. From the logo and url I wouldn't be able to tell that this is a furry forum.

The font will probably be changed, but I think the size right now is way too big, and the motto is just weird. We're seriously putting a bible reference on our furry forum banner?

Digging the logo design! Creds to Kurin.

Currently the stuff that we're using now is most likely temporary since we needed to get something up to make it look less bare.

• Like 1