Things that you hate! v2

Sar

15 hours ago, Crazy Lee said:

It rained last night. Temp was around freezing. The ground was colder than the air. So... ice everywhere.

iceicebaby.jpg

Hit one icy road even worse than this, lost traction, couldn't brake, ended up in a driveway, made my way back to the main road by having one wheel on the grass which had more traction than the road.

And then some asshole in a cherokee or similar came flying up behind me on a dirt road that had patches just like the photo above, tailed me, then shoved me aside and went flying past me. Jeep drivers have to be the biggest douchebags. Some cocky ass young prick. I hope he gets impaled on a tree in his shit vehicle.

#notalljeepdrivers

My parents drive Jeeps...

Ordering something from amazon, then finding out that it hasn't shipped in a week, so I got to cancel it, because, I get fed up with waiting.

Also, overly manipulative people/users. Basically, like how my parents always try to manipulate each others' emotions through various ways, and I see that behavior, so it pisses me off. Let me tell you, I may have issues with social skills, but I tend to notice patterns in people, or signs, and a lot of times, I wish I didn't care too much for stupid shit like that, but it hurts seeing my family not getting along, and I'm just naturally concerned/worried about everything.

• Like 3

Who's idea was it to have everyone in class post in the same thread to a discussion question? Canvas, wtf is this bullshit? At least with Blackboard, people could make their own threads and it was very neat and orderly. This....this is chaos. I can't tell who is responding as a reply or an original response. Like seriously, who thought this would be a good idea?

People who dismiss Wikipedia articles as a source in an argument because "anyone can write whatever they want in it". Yeah, no, not without it getting reverted within 5 minutes.

It's not as good as say, scientific reviews, but it's good enough for stupid little internet arguments.

• Like 2

calling in to work.  even so i'm sick and i have a doctor appointment in the 'morning' so i need to be able to go to bed early and i would probably not make it through the day without having to sit down every half hour, it still makes me feel bad.  if it was the first time my attendance had been marred, that'd be one thing, but this will be my third call-in plus a fourth absence that was counted as no-call-no-show because some idiot told me we were approved to switch days and the manager didn't say it wasn't approved until it was too late.  ...i just want a sparkly record for when i move on to a new job, so they can look at it and say "wow this person sure likes showing up to work!  let us hire him with haste."  that, and the managers at my job definitely don't like me so i'm afraid they'll find any excuse to let me go. 

oh well.  back to bed~

The fact that this costume, that should have been pretty damn simple, has taken 10 times longer than I ever expected it to. I've had to re-sew seams that had folds pinched in them, or wrinkles. I've had to redo the decorations at least twice on it. One of the decorations, made of a shiny polyester, looks like it might have melted a bit from the iron. Seams aren't staying flat even after I've ironed them, so I'm going to have to tack them with small bits of hidden thread. The main jewel at the neck I'm doing for the fourth time tonight, because I fucked up the last one by getting glue on places where the glue was not supposed to be. I think I can get it passably done by this Saturday for the con, but I'm not entering it in any contests until I fix the issues with it.

If it takes this much fuckups and issues with just a decently easy costume, I can only imagine what would happen when I try some elaborate shit like Nigiri or YaYa do.

Why the numbers and manufacturer logo on some electronic components that look to most people like black plastic boxes are a faint brown in colour so as to be sods to read without magnification.

This becomes a problem when the same shaped plastic boxes are used for entirely different types of component.

Also the smallest need tweezers to handle because they are meant to be picked up by robots not humans.

9 minutes ago, Fossa-Boy said:

That fake niceness and Stepford-wives feeling that Trader Joes has. It's creepy, like they laced the employee water-cooler with Prozac and Valium.

Funny thing is, I've been considering applying to Trader Joes due to the much better pay and very low turnover rate, but I'm still not sure about it yet. The atmosphere there is a bit strange, as you have described.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shiro said:

Funny thing is, I've been considering applying to Trader Joes due to the much better pay and very low turnover rate, but I'm still not sure about it yet. The atmosphere there is a bit strange, as you have described.

It is odd. The New York Times even did a piece about it, and this guy who was fired because his smile wasn't 'genuine' enough. Yikes!

I think Whole Foods (AKA, Whole Paycheck) pays the same, as do some smaller organic chains; we have one in this area called Mom's Organic Markets that maybe starts people at $12. Then again, min wage in the most populous counties is $10.75...though the cost of living in Maryland can be high, depending.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Vaer said:

I hate that feeling when you finish a great series.

I just finished watching Star Wars: Clone Wars and Star Wars: The Clone Wars and now that I'm done I just feel empty.

The thirst for knowing more about star wars universe intensifies 

• Like 1

I'm kind of annoyed at the fact that January SAT scores aren't released until ~10 days after the registration deadline for the March SAT. Ideally I'd like to know whether I need/want to retake it before I register.

• Like 1

So I tried revisiting the Furaffinity Forums and the atmosphere definitely feels off. When I stumbled upon the community two years back, I found a warm, active, and inviting community. Now, it all feels so lifeless and disconnected. The Rants and Raves and Forum Games sections are nowhere to be found, and discussion feels very disjointed and meaningless. What a depressing experience. Thanks Dragoneer for destroying a community.

1 minute ago, LazerMaster5 said:

So I tried revisiting the Furaffinity Forums and the atmosphere definitely feels off. When I stumbled upon the community two years back, I found a warm, active, and inviting community. Now, it all feels so lifeless and disconnected. The Rants and Raves and Forum Games sections are nowhere to be found, and discussion feels very disjointed and meaningless. What a depressing experience.

After it went down I never went back, because I know it would never be the same place I once knew. It's best to let things that are dead stay that way.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shiro said:

After it went down I never went back, because I know it would never be the same place I once knew. It's best to let things that are dead stay that way.

And here I revisited because this place is starting to feel a little dead itself. 

3 minutes ago, LazerMaster5 said:

And here I revisited because this place is starting to feel a little dead itself. 

That I can agree on, but things are always changing. The flow of time is always cruel its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it. A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days.  Time passes, people move, like a river's flow, it never ends.

Coworker: "Why are you so quiet?"

Me: ...

*SHRIEKS INTERNALLY* Idk

Seriously for the 9,000th time, how do you answer that question?

"It's because I have terminal social anxiety, potential autism, and traumatic childhood events that make it impossible to be a functional human being", how would someone respond to that, I wonder?

...or maybe I should go with "I'm an intergalactic life form taking on the visage of a human earthling and I choose to speak the human language as little as possible in order to preserve the guise and not let on to the fact that I am slowly taking over the world"

I dont know

• Like 4

People appreciate honesty. If you are asking how a person would respond to what you said, well, I'm a person. I probably would never ask the question in the first place, but given the society we live in these days, I would respect your psychological disposition. Of course, you have to be careful that you're not too dramatic about it, then people won't take you seriously.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SirRob said:

People appreciate honesty. If you are asking how a person would respond to what you said, well, I'm a person. I probably would never ask the question in the first place, but given the society we live in these days, I would respect your psychological disposition. Of course, you have to be careful that you're not too dramatic about it, then people won't take you seriously.

Unless you're like Anne Sexton or Sylvia Plath, and write very good poetry about it: Then you become famous, and win the Pulitzer Prize.

(even though it did not seem to matter in these cases, and they killed themselves, nonetheless, forever muddying discussion of their works, and how their 'dramatic' endings affect all this)

Rounded corners, and the overabundance of them in modern web design.

Aside from a few specific contexts, they look ugly as shit.
And I hate having to fix a bunch of code because I don't want them, but it's the "lolsupertrendy" thing to do right now, so they're included in everything.

• Like 2

On 1/20/2017 at 5:55 PM, Sarcastic Coffeecup said:

It ran like a bunch of spastic snails.

Best, way, to put a game running badly.

I dislike these incredibly intense headaches in one area that have started recently.

It's but I've had them, a small handful of times so you know, it's probably fine. I haven't had severe head trauma in, a long time.

Unless I forgot.

On 1/19/2017 at 9:38 PM, Crazy Lee said:

The fact that this costume, that should have been pretty damn simple, has taken 10 times longer than I ever expected it to. .

Welp, in the hours before the con, it got fucked up bad. 90% done, and I screwed up this acrylic "jewel" thing that's a part of the costume. Trying to glue metallic paper to the back side of it using superglue. It worked on the test pieces, but ruined the finish of the plastic and actually caused the paper to lose it's coating and shininess.

I just don't understand why this keeps getting screwed up.