Things that you hate! v2

Sar

How AutoCAD treats circles done in isometric (which you draw as ellipses in isometric due to how that projection works) as different enough from arcs and circles to the point it refuses to put dimensions on them via the normal way (or even the old style command line way).

Its possible to stick text on leader lines that can be stuck to anywhere in the drawing/3D model but that takes longer.

1 hour ago, Crazy Lee said:

One of the mouth sores is gone. The other one is bigger.

I can't fucking eat without pain. Also, I talk like I have a big thick tongue and I have down syndrome. People who don't know me probably think I'm "special".

Don't worry, I already think you're " special."

jk lol

1 hour ago, Crazy Lee said:

One of the mouth sores is gone. The other one is bigger.

is it... sore vore?  :U

mouth sores are trash garbage, though.  feel better m8

i hate how long things take to cook in the oven.  it forces me to plan my dinner in advance.

6 hours ago, WolfyAmbassador said:

I hate Twitter, because it's full of inflammatory people like this:

fuckthesepeople.PNG

This person is right though; I've seen many people attempt shut down discussions about the problems women face by shouting that things are worse in the Muslim world.
This is bizarre, because it implies that the only standard that the West has to fulfill to treat women and girls fairly is to be better than Yemen, which is nonsense; we should aim higher than that.

A typical conversation might go 'I am upset that people defended the Swimming team rapist at Stanford; what does it say about how much people in the US value women and girls?' and the responses will be along the lines of 'You have nothing to complain about; in Yemen they marry 9 year olds! By the way, did I tell you how much I hate Arabs?'

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Saxon said:

This person is right though; I've seen many people attempt shut down discussions about the problems women face by shouting that things are worse in the Muslim world.
This is bizarre, because it implies that the only standard that the West has to fulfill to treat women and girls fairly is to be better than Yemen, which is nonsense; we should aim higher than that.

A typical conversation might go 'I am upset that people defended the Swimming team rapist at Stanford; what does it say about how much people in the US value women and girls?' and the responses will be along the lines of 'You have nothing to complain about; in Yemen they marry 9 year olds! By the way, did I tell you how much I hate Arabs?'

I would've taken her more seriously without the Trump remark and also accusing me of raping and beating women.

2 hours ago, Socketosis said:

I would've taken her more seriously without the Trump remark and also accusing me of raping and beating women.

IMO the use of the word 'you' here is aimed collectively at the sorts of people defending rapists, such as in the case of Stanford.
User was also correct to point out that a not insignificant number of 'MAGA' supporters subscribe to a conspiracy theory that most reported rape is made up and that the only people capable of being misogynistic are Muslim refugees.
It's painfully obvious that many of them only pretend to care about the welfare of women when it provides an excuse to incite hatred against refugees. :\
Those views are obviously so crazy that you'd imagine only the most hardened nutcases could believe that, but if you ask people you'll find they are actually surprisingly popular.

If you want to know how popular crazy opinions are, here are some poll results:

About 46% of Donald's supporters either believ Hillary Clinton is in charge of a paedophile ring or 'aren't sure': https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pizzagate_conspiracy_theory#Public_opinion

About 77% of Donald's supporters believe that man made climate change is a conspiracy theory: http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/10/10/clinton-trump-supporters-worlds-apart-on-views-of-climate-change-and-its-scientists/

Donald Trump's supporters are more likely to believe that Barack Obama is a Muslim (about 66%) and that he was born in Africa (59%) than they are to believe in evolution (about 36% in Republicans, having been stable for about 30 years): http://www.gallup.com/poll/155003/Hold-Creationist-View-Human-Origins.aspx
http://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/poll-two-thirds-trump-supporters-think-obama-muslim

That's the kind of inflammatory nonsense we should be upset about...but nope, apparently people are still angry that women don't like being told that they should shut up because they have it better than in Saudi Arabia. ._.

18 minutes ago, Saxon said:

IMO the use of the word 'you' here is aimed collectively at the sorts of people defending rapists, such as in the case of Stanford.
User was also correct to point out that a not insignificant number of 'MAGA' supporters subscribe to a conspiracy theory that most reported rape is made up and that the only people capable of being misogynistic are Muslim refugees.
It's painfully obvious that many of them only pretend to care about the welfare of women when it provides an excuse to incite hatred against refugees. :\
Those views are obviously so crazy that you'd imagine only the most hardened nutcases could believe that, but if you ask people you'll find they are actually surprisingly popular.

If you want to know how popular crazy opinions are, here are some poll results:

Reveal hidden contents

About 46% of Donald's supporters either believ Hillary Clinton is in charge of a paedophile ring or 'aren't sure': https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pizzagate_conspiracy_theory#Public_opinion

About 77% of Donald's supporters believe that man made climate change is a conspiracy theory: http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/10/10/clinton-trump-supporters-worlds-apart-on-views-of-climate-change-and-its-scientists/

Donald Trump's supporters are more likely to believe that Barack Obama is a Muslim (about 66%) and that he was born in Africa (59%) than they are to believe in evolution (about 36% in Republicans, having been stable for about 30 years): http://www.gallup.com/poll/155003/Hold-Creationist-View-Human-Origins.aspx
http://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/poll-two-thirds-trump-supporters-think-obama-muslim

That's the kind of inflammatory nonsense we should be upset about...but nope, apparently people are still angry that women don't like being told that they should shut up because they have it better than in Saudi Arabia. ._.

If you want a real treat, that same group of antifeminist, muslim-hating, white nationalist maga-ites also do stuff like call hate crimes against minorities "wonderful", lmao

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, kazooie said:

If you want a real treat, that same group of antifeminist, muslim-hating, white nationalist maga-ites also do stuff like call hate crimes against minorities "wonderful", lmao

I lol'd when Shaun said 'Hello to all you Lazy folks who skipped the first part of the video', because that's literally what I just did.
It's unbelievable that people like Sargon imply that they think hate crime is a justified 'eye for an eye' response to a perceived refugee menace.
I'm going to actually quote Sargon himself 'and eye for an eye morality; that's not even dark ages- that's fucking Sumerian levels of morality'.
So there we go, I guess Sargon thinks his own morality belongs in the bronze age.

One of the things which most disturbs me is that I regularly come across are Trump supporters who think that the Jews made up the Holocaust in order to justify the creation of Israel:

I've asked other Trump supporters whether they denounce these Neo-Nazi views as false and hateful and the only reply I've ever heard is 'no; it's his freedom of speech to say that' and this is usually followed by lengthy confused arguments about how believing that a conspiracy of Jews exaggerated the Holocaust 'doesn't necessarily relate to Neo-Nazi ideology'. :\
The least awful response I've ever gotten has been 'These ideas about Zionist conspiracies are questionable, but I'm not going to discount the evidence for it out of hand, so I won't denounce it.', which is itself a tacit admission that they think those conspiracy theories might be true. O_o

These people who will find any excuse to avoid denouncing Neo Nazis are the same people who blabber on about how Muslims should be regarded with suspicion if they don't emphatically denounce Islamism.

So, MAGA peeps, I know that you're preoccupied with the important ethical crisis of games journalism, but could you please do something about the genuinely hateful people who your movement has provided a safe and uncritical reception to?

5 minutes ago, Saxon said:

I lol'd when Shaun said 'Hello to all you Lazy folds who skipped the first part of the video', because that's literally what I just did.
It's unbelievable that people like Sargon imply that they think hate crime is a justified 'eye for an eye' response to a perceived refugee menace.
I'm going to actually quote Sargon himself 'and eye for an eye morality; that's not even dark ages- that's fucking Sumerian levels of morality'.
So there we go, I guess Sargon thinks his own morality belongs in the bronze age.

It goes even deeper than that. He was conflating hate crimes against refugees with migrants who were caught skipping fares, and using that to justify "an eye for an eye". The guy's so eager to hate on minorities that he doesn't even bother reading the statistics he's citing, lol

• Like 2

Just now, kazooie said:

Well, in Carl's case at least, his hands are full, dude. I mean, most recently the guy's been too busy giving jontron backpats, handjobs, and livestreams for having the courage to say that the white majority must be preserved, lmao. 

I just feel fortunate that other people actually stepped in to alert me about the the flaws of the points of view I had began drifting towards, before I passed some irrevocable precipice.

lucky_escape.png

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Saxon said:

I just feel fortunate that other people actually stepped in to alert me about the the flaws of the points of view I had began drifting towards, before I passed some irrevocable precipice.

listen, if women want to make it in a capitalist world, all they have to do is sell their bodies on the free market. they practically have it easy. life aint fair, man.

13 hours ago, Saxon said:

This person is right though;

No, she's a moron.

Child brides and groping - totally the same thing there; bonus points for the "only women get raped/rape is only bad because it mostly happens to women" mentality.

37 minutes ago, Saxon said:

but could you please do something about the genuinely hateful people who your movement has provided a safe and uncritical reception to?

What about other genuinely hateful people, who because they have given themselves a juvenile "we're the good guys, they're the bad guys" mentality, its apparently okay.

17 minutes ago, Saxon said:

Right, now you've "merely" joined the group that considers people who so much as think differently from them inferior beings.

I've said this before, but you're one of the few political "correctness" supports who seems genuinely interested in helping others; most just want others to think they care about people for the sake of their own egos.

3 minutes ago, Tyranno said:

No, she's a moron.

Child brides and groping - totally the same thing there; bonus points for the "only women get raped/rape is only bad because it mostly happens to women" mentality.

What about other genuinely hateful people, who because they have given themselves a juvenile "we're the good guys, they're the bad guys" mentality, its apparently okay.

Right, now you've "merely" joined the group that considers people who so much as think differently from them inferior beings.

I've said this before, but you're one of the few political "correctness" supports who seems genuinely interested in helping others; most just want others to think they care about people for the sake of their own egos.

I don't think she suggested that only women get raped, or that groping was just as bad as marrying children.
She has a point that many of the people who bemoan child marriage on the Arabian peninsular- presumably because they oppose the sexualisation of children and the representation of women as sexual objects to be owned by men, have failed to uphold these same values in the west, because they make excuses for politicians who boast about pawing at women. Indeed you'll still find many supporters of Milo Yiannopoulos, who will complain about Chai boys in Afgahnistan (and quite rightly) but support Milo's defense of pederasty...which is exactly what Chai boys are.

It's interesting that, after I brought up Neo Nazis, your response was 'what about the genuinely hateful people?' Like...seriously man?
This is what I mean when I say that MAGA peeps ignore or deflect alerts that their movement is compromised by prejudiced conspiracy theorists. Getting a MAGA supporter to denounce the Holocaust revisionists in their movement is like squeezing blood from a stone. ._.

11 minutes ago, Tyranno said:

most just want others to think they care about people for the sake of their own egos.

yea, as someone who actually works progressive political campaigns, I can safely state that this oppressive wave of virtue-signaling leftists is imaginary dude. there's obviously going to be a minority of hypocrites in every political movement, but if you're finding yourself unironically generalizing a massive set of diverse political movements in such a simplistic manner, then i'd heavily suggest gettin' off the reddit and youtube kool aid for a while, and taking a walk outside.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Saxon said:

It's interesting that, after I brought up Neo Nazis, your response was 'what about the genuinely hateful people?' Like...seriously man?

The actual quote was "other genuinely hateful people"

But congrats on making stuff up.

3 minutes ago, kazooie said:

yea, as someone who actually works progressive political campaigns, I can safely state that this oppressive wave of virtue-signaling leftists is imaginary dude. 

So you've never encountered people who use the term "first world problems" while also complaining about people getting offended by means words, like sexism or racism?

I know this is shocking news to you, but starving African children couldn't give a fuck about those things.

7 minutes ago, Tyranno said:

So you've never encountered people who use the term "first world problems" while also complaining about people getting offended by means words, like sexism or racism?

I know this is shocking news to you, but starving African children couldn't give a fuck about those things.

African children? What? Deflect harder, dude. There are obviously charities and volunteers that look to assist african people, And guess what? They tend to be left-leaning organizations, and tend to be funded and staffed by left-leaning people. 

That said, north american or european political movements are obviously not going to be primarily concerned for Africa's wellbeing. The average progressive volunteer or politician is going to be far more knowledgeable, and be able to be far more effective, locally, than in Africa. The argument "Bad things exist elsewhere in the world, therefore you cannot work to improve things locally" is flawed to an extreme - these aren't mutually exclusive things.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kazooie said:

African children? What? Deflect harder, dude. There are obviously charities and volunteers that look to assist african people, And guess what? They tend to be left-leaning organizations, and tend to be funded and staffed by left-leaning people.

But there was no deflection.

The issue was "leftists who are in it for their own ego".

Comparing sexism and racism with starving African children is very much an attempt to kid themselves their whining about mean words is something meaningful.

Also, as a pacifist, I actually don't have any use for hatred - I actually don't, whereas supporters of political "correctness" tend to just pretend they don't.

Obviously I don't condone racism and sexism - but political correctness does nothing but create more hatred; its entire legacy is making things worse so people can pretend they're doing some good.

As for the "eye for an eye" mentality you were mocking earlier, the "pay hatred onto hatred" mentality exhibited by political correctness supporters is an eye for an eye.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kazooie said:

That said, north american or european political movements are obviously not going to be primarily concerned for Africa's wellbeing. The average progressive volunteer or politician is going to be far more knowledgeable, and be able to be far more effective, locally, than in Africa. The argument "Bad things exist elsewhere in the world, therefore you cannot work to improve things locally" is flawed to an extreme - these aren't mutually exclusive things.

It's particularly confusing that dying Africans are always brought up when MAGA supporters routinely decry the amount of money 'wasted' on foreign aid.

4 minutes ago, Tyranno said:

But there was no deflection.

The issue was "leftists who are in it for their own ego".

Comparing sexism and racism with starving African children is very much an attempt to kid themselves their whining about mean words is something meaningful.

Also, as a pacifist, I actually don't have any use for hatred - I actually don't, whereas supporters of political "correctness" tend to just pretend they don't.

Obviously I don't condone racism and sexism - but political correctness does nothing but create more hatred; its entire legacy is making things worse so people can pretend they're doing some good.

As for the "eye for an eye" mentality you were mocking earlier, the "pay hatred onto hatred" mentality exhibited by political correctness supporters is an eye for an eye.

yea, the second part of my post which you ignored addressed this dude

I'm not going to lie and say that I'm not biased in any way, because, I did in fact vote for Trump, however, I'm not going to side with those who hate my guts and want to overthrow my culture (which is more passive), and want themselves as well as others to represent one that treats certain demographics worse than how they would be treated here in the west for the sake of eh hem...diversity...eh hem propaganda driven motives, especially when some of them think that sharia law is a good thing. Yeah, I'm aware that the west isn't perfect by no means, but I'd rather stand with x culture that isn't as bad in comparison to y culture, while still allowed to criticize the imperfections of x culture. I'm not denying that we're imperfect, I'm simply siding with those who share my values more, and that lady on Twitter in my previous post is simply quite the opposite. I'm not a rapist, I don't fucking kill gays, I don't force women to dress a certain way, and, if you're ideology opposes people who do any of those as you're blindly associating with and representing one that thinks all of those are a good thing while trying to demonize people like me, who don't, simply because I'm white, male, and I grew up in a Republican background, then you have a problem.

Fun fact: MAGA people are generally more progressive than the modern left in some aspects, whether they themselves or "progressives" realize that or not.

1 minute ago, Saxon said:

It's particularly confusing that dying Africans are always brought up when MAGA supporters routinely decry the amount of money 'wasted' on foreign aid.

The thing is, it's not about supporting one's own policies. It's about feeling outrage. It's about feeling superior to the policies of others.

"These leftists think they're so great, talking about combating poverty, why don't they do anything about poverty in africa, then???"

Again, the argument is inherently flawed due to reasons mentioned previously (political movements are far more effective locally), but that doesn't matter, right? It makes you feel superior - they're the real hypocrites, who are they to criticize me.

Just now, WolfyAmbassador said:

I'm not going to lie and say that I'm not biased in any way, because, I did in fact vote for Trump, however, I'm not going to side with those who hate my guts and want to overthrow my culture (which is more passive), and want themselves as well as others to represent one that treats certain demographics worse than how they would be treated here in the west for the sake of eh hem...diversity...eh hem propaganda driven motives, especially when some of them think that sharia law is a good thing. Yeah, I'm aware that the west isn't perfect by no means, but I'd rather stand with x culture that isn't as bad in comparison to y culture, while still allowed to criticize the imperfections of x culture. I'm not denying that we're imperfect, I'm simply siding with those who share my values more, and that lady on Twitter in my previous post is simply quite the opposite. I'm not a rapist, I don't fucking kill gays, I don't force women to dress a certain way, and, if you're ideology opposes people who do any of those as you're blindly associating with and representing one that thinks all of those are a good thing while trying to demonize people like me, who don't, simply because I'm white, male, and I grew up in a Republican background, then you have a problem.

Fun fact: MAGA people are generally more progressive than the modern left in some aspects, whether they themselves or "progressives" realize that or not.

You don't have to worry that your culture is going to be overthrown and replaced with shariah law; that's a conspiracy theory.

I think it's actually very telling that Trump has to be stood next to an imaginary threat of a shariah take-over in order to make him look like the lesser of two evils.

10 minutes ago, WolfyAmbassador said:

sharia law is not getting enacted widespread in developed nations. despite widespread fearmongering, the mulims are not going to outbreed the other races in a subversive cultural coup. muslims make up such a tiny porportion of the US that they could never overtake any other minority, let alone become a majority. 

you say "people who hate my culture". what culture do you refer to? if we can agree that muslims cannot statistically become a majority, or even a major minority, who is trying to destroy your culture? i suspect that you're conflating natural cultural and societal change with some weird cultural coup.

things change with time, dude. it's happened in every society throughout history. that's life. you can scream and shout, resisting change with your every breath, but it won't change the fact.

• Like 2

This crafty goose that craps all over our sidewalk then flies up to sit on a 2nd floor outcropping, or in the middle of our little pond where we can't shoo it away >:(

tmp_1260-20170329_111852486739698.jpg

I think it's believe it's safe from the dog our service uses to leave a scent around, by being up there.

1 hour ago, kazooie said:

yea, the second part of my post which you ignored addressed this dude

It doesn't, though - how does that remotely address political correctness supporters routinely accusing people of something they themselves are guilty of?

When people call a IC a chip, or label any black box shaped component a chip, even though it may be something that isn't a IC.(To be fair simple ones with few pins tend to go in packages meant for transistors rather than in the many pinned dual inline kinds most people think of when they think of  the kind with pins on 2 sides, and packages for ICs can contain entirely different things as well.)

Another reason I hate ICs being called chips is that tinfoil hats have ruined the use of the word. Microchip I can just about accept, given it is a brand.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tyranno said:

It doesn't, though - how does that remotely address political correctness supporters routinely accusing people of something they themselves are guilty of?

Guilty of what, though? Promoting policies to reduce inequality locally, but not solving all of Africa's socioeconomic issues? Again, African activist groups do exist, but not every political body can (or should) be primarily about African advocacy.

If someone advocates for policies that promote greater wage equality in their society's workplaces, they don't automatically become a hypocrite simply because wage inequality also exists in other places of the world. That's absurd.

75% of my investments have been lost in the past few days, during some moving to a new bank. 

And now that I am away from home I've been exposed to tuberculosis (and unable to find anyone to administer a test), my mother has been diagnosed with a heart condition and my sister with a flesh-eating bacterial infection. They are fighting like cats and dogs and vocally bemoaning my absence. Trips are always like that. :V