Can we have a cute forum mascot?

Kosha

55 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

I think a sad fat nerd sitting in front of a computer weeping would be more appropriate but I'm willing to get behind the phoenix idea. 

Hits too close to home.

Yea I think more majestic than cute. I think it'd just fit better.

Bonus points if the griffin is slaying the old FAF.

2 minutes ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

Hits too close to home.

Yea I think more majestic than cute. I think it'd just fit better.

Bonus points if the griffin is slaying the old FAF.

Okay I'm willing to go with the majestic Phoenix...

*clutches stomach fat and weeps while typing*

There ya go. Cute and also a firebird. 

Anyways, unfortunately we've had no answers when it comes to changing even the logo so that its transparent, let alone stuff like a mascot. 

bird.jpg

Just now, Lemon said:

There ya go. Cute and also a firebird. 

Anyways, unfortunately we've had no answers when it comes to changing even the logo so that its transparent, let alone stuff like a mascot. 

There's probably someone on here with graphic design experience.

Just now, Kosha said:

There's probably someone on here with graphic design experience.

Sorry I wasn't clearer. Two things: Carnaeth isn't around enough and when he is, he's only able to do things like site updates or security. The banner at the top of the site was a really quick forum user suggestion, along with the logo and the favicon, from 3 different users and since the banner itself isn't transparent, there's two blues in the logo and the actual site color. 

Second, funfact: a few months ago I was brought on to be the site's designer. I'm an irl graphic designer/illustrator. That's how I saw a lot of events unfold and the like since I was right there. And because I was supposed to head both that project and am now a site moderator, I know first hand that the site's graphic issues aren't currently solvable since a) care's not around to implement these changes and b) I don't even have the information or specs or anything to even start making assets for the site. I don't know if skins can be redone or made or uploaded, I don't know what image formats can be used for the banner, I don't know if site buttons or whatever can be re-skinned.. stuff like that. All of the moderators are in the dark in regards to the site when it comes to tech, updates, and even site graphics to be uploaded aren't accessible to us. 

1 minute ago, Lemon said:

I know first hand that the site's graphic issues aren't currently solvable since a) care's not around to implement these changes and b) I don't even have the information or specs or anything to even start making assets for the site. I don't know if skins can be redone or made or uploaded, I don't know what image formats can be used for the banner, I don't know if site buttons or whatever can be re-skinned.. stuff like that. All of the moderators are in the dark in regards to the site when it comes to tech, updates, and even site graphics to be uploaded aren't accessible to us. 

Well shit.

21 minutes ago, Lemon said:

since the banner itself isn't transparent, there's two blues in the logo and the actual site color. 

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed.... #cringe

23 minutes ago, Lemon said:

Carnaeth isn't around enough

Anyone confronted him on this? Real blunt-like?

*yawn* I'm not all worked up or anything, but I'd hate to see my favorite site stagnate due to tied hands....

26 minutes ago, FlynnCoyote said:

Do we really want to give the collective community here an actual face like Fella, or Wesley, or god forbid Fender? You know what people do to these mascots don't you? What kind of depraved individual would create such a majestic mascot knowing the horrors it would be subjected to?

That's the whole point though

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FlynnCoyote said:

Do we really want to give the collective community here an actual face like Fella, or Wesley, or god forbid Fender? You know what people do to these mascots don't you? What kind of depraved individual would create such a majestic mascot knowing the horrors it would be subjected to?

Furries.

15 hours ago, #00Buck said:

I think a sad fat nerd sitting in front of a computer weeping would be more appropriate but I'm willing to get behind the phoenix idea. 

I would prefer this.

Why conform when we can be unique! We could be known as "that weirdass forum with the fat nerd weeping as their mascot". 

It'd also fit because deep down we're all like that on the inside

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Photoshop Amateur said:

I would prefer this.

Why conform when we can be unique! We could be known as "that weirdass forum with the fat nerd weeping as their mascot". 

It'd also fit because deep down we're all like that on the inside

Just put ears and a tail on the nerd. 

Then it is furry. 

• Like 1

On 5/10/2016 at 1:21 PM, #00Buck said:

I just think you need a hug is all!

4490214203_09f87bf20b_z.jpg

• Like 4

░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░

░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓░░

░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░█░

▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░█░

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███░░░░░███

▓░░░░░░░░░████████

███████████▓████▓█

░██████▓▓▓▓█████▓█

░██▓▓▓█████████▓█░