The Confessional Box

root

1 minute ago, Enigma said:

I genuinely care about people and try to help others. People have taken advantage of this kindness enough to make me slightly callous and mistrusting of others. 

you'd be great at being interviewed for a job lol

"So what would you say are your weaknesses?"

"I'm just too kind!"

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Eggdodger said:

I...

Once, there was a bowl of candy sitting next to the register at a restaurant, and... and...

I took two instead of one!!!

if it's the good shit like them andes mints, i stick my whole goddamn fist in there.  they lucky i don't take the bowl.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Chaosmasterdelta said:

Are serious confessions allowed here? I'm not sure.

On a serious note I figure I should point out that the rules say you're not supposed to confess to actual crimes here. 

"Please do not admit to breaking the law in your jurisdiction or in the jurisdiction of our site host, especially if you have escaped punishment or not otherwise sought help stopping or atoning for it."

So, there's that....

• Like 2

Ooh boy, haven’t been here in a while. O-O I may not stay long, just checking in.

On topic though.... Yeeeah… I’ve had a lot of time over the past (over) half a year since I was last here to think about some things, especially with the way I conducted myself around you folks.

For those who’re relatively new, I used to be a mod here for a few years - and caused a bit of a mess on the FA side anyway which resulted in… Chaos.

Ignoring that, out of a somewhat paranoid curiosity I had a look at what had been said about me following my abrupt departure. A few posts - generally negative in that they describe what they claim was heavy handedness and too black and white attitude (and a habit of “power tripping”). While I know for a fact the latter is an inaccurate claim, I concede that the rest of it has a ring of truth having thought this long about it.

There are some users I really liked to have seen gone from this fourms entirely, and there’s a likely possibility that clouded my judgement, and I’m sure on a few occasions it did. I tried to make sure my decisions were as… well… “sane” as possible by checking with other staff, but sometimes things slip through, especially when I was the only one online. I was way too reactionary on more than one occasion, and the backlash from a few people was really getting to me.

Generally there was also a disparity between what I and other people felt that the fourms should be like, even with the rest of the staff and myself. It has been so long that I can’t even remember what the exact details of those disagreements were, maybe that just means that they were small and petty anyway. I know I did this at the time but I again apologise to the staff @Mentova @Zeke for my occasional outbursts in staff chat (especially near the end) when I felt things weren’t being done (some would say “being done my way”, but this was just the fact everything ground to a halt) or when I felt we weren’t communicating. That last miscommunication is what resulted in my (permanent) resignation. That’s another thing, I wasn’t actually fired like some here believe.

Those who know/knew me personally know what I’m like. It feels like I wasn’t that person when I had the hammer, at least back then. I’ve done a lot of self reflection after the years I had spent here and on its predecessor (FAF). I like to think I am a better person now after having taken a break from all this. Those that follow me on twitter can see that I’m much more laid back now than I was.

To those who had some beef with me for some reason or another, I’m sorry that something I did or had a habit of doing made you think that way. I’m not perfect, no one is, but I’m sorry I let my own flaws cloud my judgement at times - and the feelings involved were accentuated by the atmosphere I described in my old weasyl journal. There are times I think back to where now I’d literally want to tell my former self “.... are you serious?”.

Are there still people I don’t think should be here? Yes, if they’re still the same as they were. I won’t lie. There aren’t many and most of you are really, really awesome, never had a problem with most. There were always people I considered (and many other people considered) complete and utter assholes (those same people didn’t just target me but fellow mods too).. I guess that reminded me too much of some people back in what Americans would call middle/(junior) high school. I think that because I now had the power to get rid of or punish people that reminded me of those dickheads in school…. Yeah you know where this is going. I don’t need to say. 

It feels weird looking through threads here again, kinda a butterflies in the stomach feeling and elevated heart rate. New faces, old faces. These forums were my first foray into the furry fandom. They’ve had such a massive effect on me and have really changed who I am. Heck, I had a relationship with someone who was on here and my SO right now is from the wider fandom. Still remember all the good times, funny times, bad times…. Affected me so much during a time when I was still developing as a person.

For that reason, I guess this post is both a sorry and a thank you. I may or may not stick around after this, who knows, but I won’t ever forget this place.

Kalmor

Also if you have any questions, feel free to toss them my way. As usual I can’t go too much into mod-sensitive discussions, even though I’m not one anymore, but almost everything is fair game.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Enigma said:

@Kalmor 

I only have two questions.

1. I wasn't on your shit list, was I?

2. How has life been treating you?

1. Nope - At least the name doesn't ring any bells. That's a good thing. :P

2. Eeeeh, it has been alright. Currently shitting myself about exam results in a week but there's not really much I can do at this point. Hopefully at university at the end of September. 

5 minutes ago, DrGravitas said:

Mentova's gone :\

Awr :(

42 minutes ago, Kalmor said:

Ooh boy, haven’t been here in awhile. O-O I may not stay long, just checking in.

<snip>

How did it feel to have a sizable chunk of people admit to disliking you? I heard even friends turned on you. From what it looks like, you thought yourself to be super popular. I bet getting soft fired hurt a lot too. On the bright side, we have are far less cancerous mod team now.

1470875215320.gif

10 minutes ago, Brazen said:

How did it feel to have a sizable chunk of people admit to disliking you? I heard even friends turned on you. From what it looks like, you thought yourself to be super popular. I bet getting soft fired hurt a lot too. On the bright side, we have are far less cancerous mod team now.

People think what they think. That's just the way things are in the world. Nothing I can do other than be myself.

Besides, I don't know where you got the "friends turned on me" from. *shrugs*. Ah well. 

• Like 1

Eh, Past in past, etc etc. Its been six months. New stuff is around. We're doing graphics rn, we just made an adult area. The community has been quieter- not so much in no activity, but less outbursts and whathaveyou. 

3 minutes ago, Lemon said:

Eh, Past in past, etc etc. Its been six months. New stuff is around. We're doing graphics rn, we just made an adult area. The community has been quieter- not so much in no activity, but less outbursts and whathaveyou. 

I'd say this is generally true.

But the recently some of the things that have happened have been pretty wild. 

7 minutes ago, Lemon said:

I'm surprised you managed to make an nsfw RP subforum without people flipping out about it, unless they did of course.  XP

But yeah, glad to see things are chugging along nicely for you guys. 

2 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

I'd say this is generally true.

But the recently some of the things that have happened have been pretty wild. 

I must know the deets. :V

Just now, Kalmor said:

I'm surprised you managed to make an nsfw RP subforum without people flipping out about it, unless they did of course.  XP

But yeah, glad to see things are chugging along nicely for you guys. 

Well the first rule is I'm not allowed to talk about it...

The second rule is I'm not allowed to talk about it...

8 minutes ago, Kalmor said:

7 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

Well the first rule is I'm not allowed to talk about it...

Eversleep came back. He made a ranting video and tried to kill himself. He's now on house arrest in his mom's house. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kalmor said:

Shocking news there, more at 11. :V

So I guess the forums has its own personal voldemort now?  :V

Nah. Pastry will tell you I'm Literaly Hitler, and I'm offended because my dictator-kin is Stalin. Ugh, so r00d. 

Just now, Lemon said:

Nah. Pastry will tell you I'm Literaly Hitler, and I'm offended because my dictator-kin is Stalin. Ugh, so r00d. 

I think you'll find people think I'm more of a literal Hitler than you are.

I fully embrace the dictator-sona bestowed upon me by the masses, there can only be one true dictator-kin, Lemon. :V

@Kalmor

Hi welcome back for now and such, I kind of miss old faces and its always good to learn theyve been doing well outside the forum sphere, even if no longer around.

I think the modding stuff mightve taught you quite a bit as stressful as it mightve been, but good to know those days are over

Cheers

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kalmor said:

Ooh boy, haven’t been here in a while. O-O I may not stay long, just checking in.

On topic though.... Yeeeah… I’ve had a lot of time over the past (over) half a year since I was last here to think about some things, especially with the way I conducted myself around you folks.

For those who’re relatively new, I used to be a mod here for a few years - and caused a bit of a mess on the FA side anyway which resulted in… Chaos.

Ignoring that, out of a somewhat paranoid curiosity I had a look at what had been said about me following my abrupt departure. A few posts - generally negative in that they describe what they claim was heavy handedness and too black and white attitude (and a habit of “power tripping”). While I know for a fact the latter is an inaccurate claim, I concede that the rest of it has a ring of truth having thought this long about it.

There are some users I really liked to have seen gone from this fourms entirely, and there’s a likely possibility that clouded my judgement, and I’m sure on a few occasions it did. I tried to make sure my decisions were as… well… “sane” as possible by checking with other staff, but sometimes things slip through, especially when I was the only one online. I was way too reactionary on more than one occasion, and the backlash from a few people was really getting to me.

Generally there was also a disparity between what I and other people felt that the fourms should be like, even with the rest of the staff and myself. It has been so long that I can’t even remember what the exact details of those disagreements were, maybe that just means that they were small and petty anyway. I know I did this at the time but I again apologise to the staff @Mentova @Zeke @Lemon for my occasional outbursts in staff chat (especially near the end) when I felt things weren’t being done (some would say “being done my way”, but this was just the fact everything ground to a halt) or when I felt we weren’t communicating. That last miscommunication is what resulted in my (permanent) resignation. That’s another thing, I wasn’t actually fired like some here believe.

Those who know/knew me personally know what I’m like. It feels like I wasn’t that person when I had the hammer, at least back then. I’ve done a lot of self reflection after the years I had spent here and on its predecessor (FAF). I like to think I am a better person now after having taken a break from all this. Those that follow me on twitter can see that I’m much more laid back now than I was.

To those who had some beef with me for some reason or another, I’m sorry that something I did or had a habit of doing made you think that way. I’m not perfect, no one is, but I’m sorry I let my own flaws cloud my judgement at times - and the feelings involved were accentuated by the atmosphere I described in my old weasyl journal. There are times I think back to where now I’d literally want to tell my former self “.... are you serious?”.

Are there still people I don’t think should be here? Yes, if they’re still the same as they were. I won’t lie. There aren’t many and most of you are really, really awesome, never had a problem with most. There were always people I considered (and many other people considered) complete and utter assholes (those same people didn’t just target me but fellow mods too).. I guess that reminded me too much of some people back in what Americans would call middle/(junior) high school. I think that because I now had the power to get rid of or punish people that reminded me of those dickheads in school…. Yeah you know where this is going. I don’t need to say. 

It feels weird looking through threads here again, kinda a butterflies in the stomach feeling and elevated heart rate. New faces, old faces. These forums were my first foray into the furry fandom. They’ve had such a massive effect on me and have really changed who I am. Heck, I had a relationship with someone who was on here and my SO right now is from the wider fandom. Still remember all the good times, funny times, bad times…. Affected me so much during a time when I was still developing as a person.

For that reason, I guess this post is both a sorry and a thank you. I may or may not stick around after this, who knows, but I won’t ever forget this place.

Kalmor

Also if you have any questions, feel free to toss them my way. As usual I can’t go too much into mod-sensitive discussions, even though I’m not one anymore, but almost everything is fair game.

I accept your apology and hope you will do your okayest to post better in the future.

• Like 3

@Kalmor ,since I have this opportunity to bug you, 

It's nice to see you again. I have never spoken to you (because of your infamy I assumed you were never left alone) but I have listened to some of the little music you have divulged. If I can't say anything else, I hope you pursue that.

Take care of yourself. 

11 minutes ago, Zaraphayx said:

I accept your apology and hope you will do your okayest to post better in the future.

Can we kiss now? :V

9 minutes ago, Jtrekkie said:

@Kalmor ,since I have this opportunity to bug you, 

It's nice to see you again. I have never spoken to you (because of your infamy I assumed you were never left alone) but I have listened to some of the little music you have divulged. If I can't say anything else, I hope you pursue that.

Take care of yourself. 

Thanks. And my PMs are open to pretty much anyone, honestly. I'm just a normal person lol. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Kalmor said:

Can we kiss now? :V. 

I only kiss posters with a post:like ratio of .9 or higher.

Keep working at it furriend, the road to repentance is fraught with peril, but Good Posting is its own reward.

You may have one of my cherished 'likes' to help you along your way. Go with my blessing.

• Like 4