I'm sick of people...

GemWolf

...treating eachother like sh*t on this forum! I'm not talking about the playful banter, I'm talking about the real aggressive attitudes that some people have. 

I mean why? Why get so insanely aggressive and hate on someone for no reason other than you want to? Isn't the world nasty enough? 

If someone gives you a legitimate reason to hate them, fair enough but damn...live and let live ya know? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GemWolf said:

...treating eachother like sh*t on this forum! I'm not talking about the playful banter, I'm talking about the real aggressive attitudes that some people have. 

I mean why? Why get so insanely aggressive and hate on someone for no reason other than you want to? Isn't the world nasty enough? 

If someone gives you a legitimate reason to hate them, fair enough but damn...live and let live ya know? 

What/who are you even talking about? 

So far I've only seen one -recent- instance of anything that could remotely be considered aggression and that was telling Cross to grow a pair and relax in his thread earlier today. But no one cares anymore.

Anything else is isolated individual spats.

Gem, if someone makes a thread and the general consensus is "it's stupid" there's probably a reason for it. This place isn't perfect and with any community, there's circle jerking, but recently the climate here has been fairly welcoming if you have any social sense.

• Like 3

You know, you make a legitimate point. That's not a good attitude for people to proceed with. 
Whether or not it's a problem here? Depends on the perspective from which you're standing.

But I don't think the blame for such behavior falls solely on a community's shoulders either.
If someone wishes to be respected and heard, they should make an effort to behave as someone people would want to hold in esteem.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, GemWolf said:

Oh gems...its the forums, people always take dumbass things 1,000,000% seriously and hate each other for idiotic reasons, good or bad.

Just live and let live, roll your eyes and move on

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lucyfish said:

There are plenty of places on the internet that straight up encourage standoffish-ness and bullying.

This forum has never once given off that vibe to me.

Gem is on crazy pills. Totally not hip-to-the-groove. I bet you they just looked at a Toshabi post and flipped out. UGH!

Seriously though Gem, you're being outrageous, truly truly truly outrageous. 

• Like 2

A lot of new people come in and just blend in naturally while still retaining their own identity like Socketosis. And then you've got those infrequent guys no one has any issues with like yellowfox and Gator that don't bother anyone. You really have to mess up to get a beat down here.

Like we're not some frat that puts you through the wringer or some dumbass initiation ritual.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Toshabi said:

Seriously though Gem, you're being outrageous, truly truly truly outrageous. 

Have my babies.

Also drama. Furry drama. Perhaps we should just shutter the entire operation.

Yes. I vote in favor of killing phoenix so we may remake phoenix. Better than it was before.

Better. Faster. Stronger.

1 minute ago, XoPachi said:

A lot of new people come in and just blend in naturally while still retaining their own identity like Socketosis. And then you've got those infrequent guys no one has any issues with like yellowfox and Gator that don't bother anyone. You really have to mess up to get a beat down here.

Like we're not some frat that puts you through the ringer or some dumbass initiation ritual.

Yeah, totally. 

If someone does get put through the wringer, they've usually brought it upon themselves.
Like Rassah putting his feet in his moth all the time, or PheagleAlder being a whiny bitch.

• Like 2

Just now, Endless/Nameless said:

Yeah, totally. 

If someone does get put through the wringer, they've usually brought it upon themselves.
Like Rassah putting his feet in his moth all the time, or PheagleAlder being a whiny bitch.

Or you're he-who-shall-not-be-named, in which case you just kinda put yourself through the wringer by virtue of existing.

• Like 2

Just now, Endless/Nameless said:

Yeah, totally. 

Both of which were "regulars" which people swear we make exceptions for. 

• Like 1

One might question why you continue to participate on the forums if they bother you so much, as you've complained about multiple times today.
But I'm just the kind of person that doesn't waste my time with things that only serve as a stress factor to me.

You got some weird hobbies, yo.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Endless/Nameless said:

Yeah, totally. 

Like Rassah putting his feet in his moth all the time, or PheagleAlder being a whiny bitch.

Keep the moths in the moth thread k thx 

• Like 9

Honestly this forum isn't that bad, I've been on forums where bullying and borderline sexual harassment are rampant. This place is actually pretty chilled out all things considered. I think the worst I've seen is a few people calling someone out on their bullshit and once in awhile someone bounces into a thread, drops some snark and bounces out. No one here is actually malicious. 

A lot of you have just made my point completely. 

9 minutes ago, Vae said:

One might question why you continue to participate on the forums if they bother you so much, as you've complained about multiple times today.
But I'm just the kind of person that doesn't waste my time with things that only serve as a stress factor to me.

You got some weird hobbies, yo.

I have plenty of hobbies. I just wanna make friends. Yet I get jumped whenever I join in a convo.

Just now, Glowing Glass said:

You're on a furry forum

Can you really judge people for being weird?

Well according to the OP, we're a bunch of assholes anyway.

And that means I have to go above and beyond the call of dicketry as a governing representative of this place.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, GemWolf said:

and I got reported for sending someone a friendly PM simply cos they don't like me - they don't like me because my son is on meds that he don't agree with 

Probably because it's despicable. Kinda makes you despicable. 

I could've sworn I made a thread like this on FAF when I first started posting there (only addressing people in general and not just the forum). Can't seem to find it. :/

Well, either way, I do think people can be somewhat unnecessarily aggressive here, although oftentimes when such happens the receiving party usually has done something to invoke it. Not that that's necessarily a justification for it, but its not as if hostility comes from nowhere here. Its not without reason like you say, at least that's the way I see it. Sometimes people can be rather blunt and/or direct though.

There are instances when this isn't the case and people are being unnecessarily hateful for seemingly no reason, and its unfortunate that it happens, but its rare and overall I wouldn't call these forums particularly hateful. But I think that if you don't like something, be the change that you want to see! Just treat others really well and advocate for love and kindness and that alone will make things in general a better place. The more people who act non-hateful the less hateful things in general there will be.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GemWolf said:

and I got reported for sending someone a friendly PM simply cos they don't like me - they don't like me because my son is on meds that he don't agree with 

I saw the report. I assure you that is not the reason.

People telling you to leave them alone is not an opening to continue those arguments through PMs if they don't want to. You're not in any kind of position to force that from them.
Stop doing that.

• Like 2

• Guest locked this topic