General Chat/Time-Waster Thread

Sar

Someone in the house here is watching the emmys. Fun.
A little bit ago some woman, after winning her award, started screeching "down with the patriarchy" while Jimmy Kimmel looked dumbfounded. Another guy just yelled his love for Obama and Hillary. Nice to see these crazies bringing politics into this show.

4 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

A little bit ago some woman, after winning her award, started screeching "down with the patriarchy" while Seth McFarlane looked dumbfounded. Another guy just yelled his love for Obama and Hillary. Nice to see these crazies bringing politics into this show.

Out of all the things that didn't happen, that didn't happen the most.

3 minutes ago, XoPachi said:

Damn...
I love when I try to give someone the benefit of the doubt and try to judge them less while treating them with more respect. Because quite a few times that person ends up being fucking insane and erratic.

Yeah.. sorry you bet on the wrong horse, bud. 

2 hours ago, Jtrekkie said:

For the past five months Kleric has been living with me. We've been together continuously all of that time, but tomorrow it's over. I'm not sure when we'll be able to do it again. 

Gah. Words. What will I do. 

cry probably

and tie him to your bed so he can never leave

ever

• Like 1

They just captured the guy responsible for the New York/New Jersey bombings, after a firefight. And yea, he's bearded and looks Muslim and probably Arab or Persian.

What's different about this is they captured him alive, normally the person's shot to death by police because he'd rather die a martyr for Allah than be captured.

20 hours ago, XoPachi said:

[crazy lyft feminist]

Holy shit. I am not the type of person to normally want to hit a woman, but I swear I want to slap that fucking SJW bitch so hard she gets shiners in places she didn't know existed.

From what I've read the guy lost his job at Lyft, but then got it back after they saw the video. Nice going you whore, you almost cost a dude his job over lies and being offended by a fucking doll. Doesn't help you sound like a rich valley girl spoiled by her daddy and looking for another daddy to plow her and buy her expensive shit.

This is what we get when we spoil children, tell them they're all special snowflakes, and give out participation trophies.

She's already a meme now, too.

A little bit ago some woman, after winning her award, started screeching "down with the patriarchy" while Jimmy Kimmel looked dumbfounded. Another guy just yelled his love for Obama and Hillary. Nice to see these crazies bringing politics into this show.

23 hours ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

Out of all the things that didn't happen, that didn't happen the most.

Hmm, things that didn't happen:

3 minutes ago, Battlechili said:

Why are the Emmys more cringe than normal?

At least what I was bitching about (what people might have missed) was that people were using their acceptance speeches to spew out their political views, which not surprisingly skewed very liberal. It should be a time to thank others and show gratitude not screech something like "BLM and Kaepernick!"

22 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

YOU'RE RAPING ME!!!11

If I see one more feminist raping post on the Internet I'm going to start my own form of feminism. Call it masculinism. Meninism?

I don't fucking know

Im just going to start yelling at feminists yelling at me and call it rape because they looked at me funny.

Give them a taste of their own medicine in a manly fashion

I just looked up masculinism to see if it was a thing and it was. Goddamnit humanity.

Evolution fucked up somewhere.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Glowing Glass said:

If I see one more feminist raping post on the Internet I'm going to start my own form of feminism. Call it masculinism. Meninism?

I don't fucking know

Im just going to start yelling at feminists yelling at me and call it rape because they looked at me funny.

Give them a taste of their own medicine in a manly fashion

I just looked up masculinism to see if it was a thing and it was. Goddamnit humanity.

Evolution fucked up somewhere.

Look up Men's Rights Activists.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

At least what I was bitching about (what people might have missed) was that people were using their acceptance speeches to spew out their political views, which not surprisingly skewed very liberal. It should be a time to thank others and show gratitude not screech something like "BLM and Kaepernick!"

The Emmy Awards, the Academy Awards, the Grammy Awards, and the Tony Awards have nearly always been used to speak on political issues.

It would be odd if any of these went by apolitically.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MalletFace said:

The Emmy Awards, the Academy Awards, the Grammy Awards, and the Tony Awards have nearly always been used to speak on political issues.

It would be odd if any of these went by apolitically.

Seemed appropriate.

• Like 1

The cast of Paladins is bland as shit. The girls are all hot, turtle dude is cool, and Pip's cute at least...
The rest look like they just came from some crappy phone game. I'll take Tribes Ascend anyday over this. I already have Overwatch anyway. Literally no point for me.

27 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

lmao

at least keemstar was smart enough to shut up

Yeah, probably the smartest thing Keem has ever done...

All Leafy really did in his response video was make it clear how insecure he really is about his chin, and get himself roasted again.

Fun little breakdown someone made:

Csjq5ULVIAA4p-F.jpg large.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sylver said:

The whole iDubbbz and Leafy shite hasn't changed a thing. Leafy's subscriber count went down by a few thousands, but it'll go back to normal soon. And iDubbbz is raking in that ad revenue and 100k+ subscribers.

http://socialblade.com/youtube/user/idubbbztv

https://socialblade.com/youtube/user/leafyishere

Nothing changed. All that happened was iDubbbz got a bunch of subscribers.

I wouldn't expect it to. He has a cult following of mostly kids.

Did some solo studying at a botanical forest garden today. Undertaking a task rather massive (Recognise ALL the trees!) I started with spruces and I can say I know them quite well now.

It feels good being able to go and say "Yes this is obviously a Picea mariana" as opposed to having to do with "That's a spruce innit?"

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Sylver said:

Nothing changed. All that happened was iDubbbz got a bunch of subscribers.

Of course not, but it's funny.

4 hours ago, Saxon said:

...people are excited about youtubers being twats to each other?

It's not so much "excitement", as it is simple amusement from watching people flip their shit for no reason.

• Like 2

I've never understood why people get into watching 'youtubers'. I use it to find music, old cartoons, nature documentaries, poets and authors reading their works who are dead, old ads and nostalgic stuff, but I've never wanted to hear some dweeby teen prattle on about politics, video games and pimple cream, whilst engaging in a barrage of insults.

Call me an old grouch---maybe I'm just a mean old bastard who demand too much from life. I doubt it, but from time to time, I worry I might be headed that way.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Fossa-Boy said:

I've never understood why people get into watching 'youtubers'. I use it to find music, old cartoons, nature documentaries, poets and authors reading their works who are dead, old ads and nostalgic stuff, but I've never wanted to hear some dweeby teen prattle on about politics, video games and pimple cream, whilst engaging in a barrage of insults.

Call me an old grouch---maybe I'm just a mean old bastard who demand too much from life. I doubt it, but from time to time, I worry I might be headed that way.

I can tell you why I follow YouTubers.

Some of them wear really amazing clothes, and tell you where they got them from. I then buy the clothes.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fossa-Boy said:

That's a pretty narrow understanding of what Youtube is... sounds pretty grouchy too... you better watch out, it's already spreading into your posts, next you'll be yelling at us all to get off your lawn..

In reality, there are a wide variety of content creators on YouTube, at this point it could be considered an alternative to television in many ways. You can find a wide variety of content presented by the different YouTubers, including news, various shows (though certainly with lesser budgets and length than on television), commentary and reviews on movies, videogames, and music, educational videos, humor, and many other things besides. Many channels don't really engage in the drama that Idubbbz and others do (though I do find it entertaining), and produce pretty high quality content (JonTron is a decent example, a lot of work and editing goes into his humorous reviews of movies and games).

I mean, really, there is even more drama on TV with manure like TMZ and "reality" shows, I think YouTube is doing relatively well comparatively...

• Like 2

• Vae pinned this topic