General Chat/Time-Waster Thread

Sar

30 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

Did you at least get the swing legs to dangerously leave the ground on each side as you swung?

No I was jumping off like a gibbon because I had done it plenty of times before. I think the legs are embedded in the ground.

I landed poorly, slid backwards and landed on my lower back. 

I feel weird, being a furry not into computers, video games and tech stuff...I was an English major, psych minor, and so it can feel kinda lonely, this way, not really knowing what so many conversations are about, and not having a lotta furs to talk to about literature, art, things like that. I do have pretty varied/well rounded interests, from baseball to museums to nature to RPs to an occasional good cigar...though I kinda feel like I don't fit the furry 'mold' of core interests...and thus, this can make me sorta sad, or at least make it harder to find furs I relate to. Anyone else feel like this?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fossa-Boy said:

I feel weird, being a furry not into computers, video games and tech stuff...I was an English major, psych minor, and so it can feel kinda lonely, this way, not really knowing what so many conversations are about, and not having a lotta furs to talk to about literature, art, things like that. I do have pretty varied/well rounded interests, from baseball to museums to nature to RPs to an occasional good cigar...though I kinda feel like I don't fit the furry 'mold' of core interests...and thus, this can make me sorta sad, or at least make it harder to find furs I relate to. Anyone else feel like this?

I am very into art so if you would like to pm me about Rothko or Jackson Pollock feel free! Also computers and electronics definitely aren't my strength either. So I guess we have that to not talk about.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fossa-Boy said:

You're not alone on uncommon interests

I'm into genetics, philosophy, and quantum mechanics.

I may never relate to another furry ever.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Fossa-Boy said:

It's okay.. I'm not into any of those things!

I'm a business student :v

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fossa-Boy said:

I feel weird, being a furry not into computers, video games and tech stuff...I was an English major, psych minor, and so it can feel kinda lonely, this way, not really knowing what so many conversations are about, 

I love English, and many others here do too.

I find psychology fascinating too. Id like to study it some day.

• Like 3

I saw Kanye the other night as part of his "Saint Pablo" tour. He performed the entire concert while standing/grooving on a large suspended platform that looked to be about 20-25 feet in the air and was moving around the stadium. The setlist was divine and touched on every part of his far reaching career. There's only one way to say it, he played all the best songs (Except for Monster). At one point he gave a speech about how he is in fact an enormous failure and that failing constantly has made him a better artist and that you too need to fail as much as possible. It was good advice. Overall the concert was excellent although I am not happy having a seat way in the high end of the bleachers (This was the American Airlines Center) where the sound was muddled and hard to hear despite being as loud as the dickens. Good performance.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cannakitty said:

I saw Kanye the other night as part of his "Saint Pablo" tour. He performed the entire concert while standing/grooving on a large suspended platform that looked to be about 20-25 feet in the air and was moving around the stadium. The setlist was divine and touched on every part of his far reaching career. There's only one way to say it, he played all the best songs (Except for Monster). At one point he gave a speech about how he is in fact an enormous failure and that failing constantly has made him a better artist and that you too need to fail as much as possible. It was good advice. Overall the concert was excellent although I am not happy having a seat way in the high end of the bleachers (This was the American Airlines Center) where the sound was muddled and hard to hear despite being as loud as the dickens. Good performance.

Kanye's word must be law. I mean...the guy likes Blazing Lazers and possibly the rest of the Aleste series as well as big tiddy anime girls. No one with taste that good can be wrong.
I don't know why people miss the old Kanye. New Kanye is pretty rad to me. :y

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, XoPachi said:

Kanye's word must be law. I mean...the guy likes Blazing Lazers and possibly the rest of the Aleste series as well as big tiddy anime girls. No one with taste that good can be wrong.
I don't know why people miss the old Kanye. New Kanye is pretty rad to me. :y

Some of his lyrics really are just horrible and not even clever.

2 hours ago, Vae said:

Went camping in the mountains.
Forgot my air mattress and had to sleep on sharp little rocks.
Wind picked up lastnight.
Started snowing.
No heat in the tent except handwarmers.

I don't regret anything,
but ow.

Pretty normal for bascially any mountianous area 

On 9/22/2016 at 2:46 PM, Glowing Glass said:

My emotions are broken right now.

Everyone discovered I was a furry and instead of hearing other students say "dog fucker!" I heard "That's actually kinda cool."

Somehow everyone went from furry hater to just accepting it. Maybe since most students liked me it suddenly gave a good impression. I should be happy and I am but I'm still panicking inside and I don't know why. I feel like laughing and crying at the same time since everything went ok.

It just feels wrong to not get hate.

Ughh i have issues

Trust me, you really should be glad you're not getting hate. About a year or two ago, I was drawing Rolfe during class (just a doodle of him like I usually do when bored) and one of my supposed friends took the drawing from me, showed it to other people, and told them I liked to fuck dogs.

9 minutes ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

Trust me, you really should be glad you're not getting hate. About a year or two ago, I was drawing Rolfe during class (just a doodle of him like I usually do when bored) and one of my supposed friends took the drawing from me, showed it to other people, and told them I liked to fuck dogs.

Middle/High schools tend to be the worst when it comes to immature bullshit like that. Sorry you had to go through that

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

the obvious solution here is to draw tigers.  then you can be tiger fucker and they'll forget about everything else.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, goobaya said:

i'm so so so hungry for spaghetti... some sweet-spicy tomato sauce, cut sausages, chopped vegetables, and some angel-hair pasta ...

luckily mom's going to be heating up leftovers from last night, so i'm excited af. 

I love spaghetti! I prefer it ground up beef and thick noodles rather than cut sausage and angel-hair pasta. I'm not great at making it, though. I always make a huge mess so I tend to only make it rarely.

• Like 1

Just now, DrGravitas said:

I love spaghetti! I prefer it ground up beef and thick noodles rather than cut sausage and angel-hair pasta. I'm not great at making it, though. I always make a huge mess so I tend to only make it rarely.

oh god, me too? i love all types of pasta, but i have angel hair the most because it's much more appealing to me. the other day i had, like, those twisted noodles with huge pieces of chicken with BBQ sauce and it was absolutely amazing. never underestimate my mother's cooking. it's how me and my family got semi-big bellies.

• Like 1

pretty much all of the marching bands i work with have had their kids hit a rough patch at one point, and at every single one several of them were nearly in tears. the first two, i felt i was causing them, the other i was trying to assuage them.

it's very difficult watching kids experience failure and knowing that's part of the process. being honest and critical is something i do to remind them that they're capable of so much more, but it's the moment of sadness that is hard to shake.

i know it's only temporary because almost every single time they learn their lesson or they decide they are not going to let it happen again and go for something more, but i think sometimes it becomes a fear in people, that someday they'll be there again, or worse, they'll have to live in failure.

it's kind of weird seeing the roots of your own fears form in others.

• Like 1

Oh! I forgot to mention, but I found out Friday that somebody actually managed to get fired at the office! That, like, never happens! The apparently he got drunk during work. There are rumors that they also took off their shirt awkwardly a could times during some presentation (while being drunk).

6 minutes ago, DrGravitas said:

Oh! I forgot to mention, but I found out Friday that somebody actually managed to get fired at the office! That, like, never happens! The apparently he got drunk during work. There are rumors that they also took off their shirt awkwardly a could times during some presentation (while being drunk).

I bet that woke everybody up at the presentation. Also sounds like that guy needs rehab.

14 minutes ago, Socketosis said:

I bet that woke everybody up at the presentation. Also sounds like that guy needs rehab.

Yeah, probably. It's funny, one of our company benefits is help for participating in that kind of rehab. I hear you can even get time off and still get pay while going to them. Shame he didn't try to take them up on it.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Cannakitty said:

I am very into art so if you would like to pm me about Rothko or Jackson Pollock feel free! Also computers and electronics definitely aren't my strength either. So I guess we have that to not talk about.

Yeah, we gotta talk more. I recall seeing Jackson Pollock, in art books, and I didn't get it...there was a time, I saw this film about his life, how he hated the pompous art critics, smashed the whole damn dinner table, in front of his guests. Then, one day, I stood in front one of his works, and it all made sense, down in DC. There is little to compare, standing in front of of those vast canvasses. They're a national treasure.

6 hours ago, Fossa-Boy said:

Yeah, we gotta talk more. I recall seeing Jackson Pollock, in art books, and I didn't get it...there was a time, I saw this film about his life, how he hated the pompous art critics, smashed the whole damn dinner table, in front of his guests. Then, one day, I stood in front one of his works, and it all made sense, down in DC. There is little to compare, standing in front of of those vast canvasses. They're a national treasure.

Yes exactly. I have only seen one of his works in person but I feel like I have to see more.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Recel said:

Did something happen? Or do you feel down?

It's work-related. I ended up with far more rooms today than I expected for one, so I'm likely going to miss some stuff I wanted to attend later. On top of that, there were no departures, which means I had to go knock on every single room and potentially wake people up and get yelled at. It always puts my stomach in knots when I have to do that. None of them were gone either, so that's going to extend my day even further. Plus the owner just happens to be here today, so it's going to look like I'm performing poorly. 

So yeah, not feeling the greatest at the moment. Thanks for asking tho. 

• Like 1

• Vae pinned this topic