General Chat/Time-Waster Thread

Sar

18 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

Does someone at the factory just cough into a cardboard box?

Yes, someone in Japan coughed into a box and it caused an epidemic in Springfield

Of course president of Madagascar and president of Greenland were alarmed of this incident and they shut down their ports

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Snagged Cub said:

Yes, someone in Japan coughed into a box and it caused an epidemic in Springfield

Of course president of Madagascar and president of Greenland were alarmed of this incident and they shut down their ports

People say it's either Greenland or Madagascar every time.

Then I'm over there stuck on New Zealand or the Philippines.

Still trying to perfect a fungus plague strategy

I hate fungus the most

2 hours ago, #00Buck said:

I like Pandemic. I have not played it in a long time. 

You might be interested to know they came out with Pandemic: Legacy (like Risk Legacy, it makes your games into a campaign where things in the last game affect future ones) last year. I would highly recommend it if you enjoy the original, it really gives added weight to your decisions in the game, while it also tends to be more immersive and story driven than the original.

Also Pandemic Reign of Cthulhu came out, it's pretty much just  normal Pandemic with a Cthulhu theme, but still good.

1 hour ago, Osrik said:

You might be interested to know they came out with Pandemic: Legacy (like Risk Legacy, it makes your games into a campaign where things in the last game affect future ones) last year. I would highly recommend it if you enjoy the original, it really gives added weight to your decisions in the game, while it also tends to be more immersive and story driven than the original.

Also Pandemic Reign of Cthulhu came out, it's pretty much just  normal Pandemic with a Cthulhu theme, but still good.

I'm thinking of getting my fiance the legacy version of pandemic for her christmas or something along those lines. We've only played the main game maybe twice? It's mostly deck builders now adays

My campaign against the Spiders has came to a humiliating end. 

I encountered a beautiful Spider Princess after three hours of genocidal squishage. Her name is Amelia and we're getting married at the Waffle House in Nashville.

My weiner is now covered in itchy red bumps, but at least I nailed some royal Spider puss, my beloved bros.

Wow. Had no flipping clue Android is now on version 7.  Still thought we were in the 5's. Is it now going to be google putting out a new whole number OS each year?

And, looking at cell phones, I am considering either the Samsung S-line or the LG G-line....

Could always go with a Galaxy Note 7. I hear they're having a fire sale on those.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

Wow. Had no flipping clue Android is now on version 7.  Still thought we were in the 5's. Is it now going to be google putting out a new whole number OS each year?

And, looking at cell phones, I am considering either the Samsung S-line or the LG G-line....

Could always go with a Galaxy Note 7. I hear they're having a fire sale on those.

Samsung S line has worked pretty well for me. Reliable. At least the older versions are, I haven't used any of the newer ones.

Never really had a problem with Samsung. LG's seem to work alright too. Never owned one though.

21 hours ago, Socketosis said:

Bart get out, I'm piss?

Yay, I was wondering where your beautiful posting had gone.

If it's the one I just found from Googling, there's currently a police manhunt for her, and they found three dead bodies in the house. Crazy shit.

EDIT: Recent shouts on her profile.

tZxRjXI.png

Also she was found.

If I found her account on FA, but it's been suspended.

And looking at her and the two other suspects that have been caught. The other two were guys in their early 20s. So, she probably had a thing for older guys, or they were preying on her, and they hatched a plot to murder her parents because her parents wouldn't let her date them. And she's so nasty looking she was probably happy SOMEONE showed her attention and was willing to kill her parents so she could be with the two guys and be in love forever or some shit.

Don't know why kids are so damn spoiled this day that they think killing their parents because they don't get their way is a good idea.

3 hours ago, Osrik said:

Played it as soon as it came out. I think we finished it in three weekends. It was really good. But you can only play it once. 

2 hours ago, Punnchy said:

I'm thinking of getting my fiance the legacy version of pandemic for her christmas or something along those lines. We've only played the main game maybe twice? It's mostly deck builders now adays

Just keep in mind you can only play through the campaign once, as you modify the board and open secret envelopes and boxes after each game, but it is still fun enough to be worthwhile.

8 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

Played it as soon as it came out. I think we finished it in three weekends. It was really good. But you can only play it once. 

Yeah, that's the main problem with it, but it's good enough to still be worth it in spite of this.

I think Season 2 of Pandemic Legacy should be coming out at some point in 2017, certainly looking forwards to it.

Just now, Osrik said:

Just keep in mind you can only play through the campaign once, as you modify the board and open secret envelopes and boxes after each game, but it is still fun enough to be worthwhile.

Yeah, that's the main problem with it, but it's good enough to still be worth it in spite of this.

I think Season 2 of Pandemic Legacy should be coming out at some point in 2017, certainly looking forwards to it.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it but I'll probably finish it in like 2 - 3 sessions. It'll be good times. 

2 hours ago, Crazy Lee said:

Meanwhile, the only Android smartphones and tablets I can really afford, totally neglecting contract terms, almost all run 4.4.  I got lucky and found one running 5.0.  But none of them will ever see an update of any kind thanks to their manufacturers and/or carriers.

2 hours ago, Crazy Lee said:

Ooh, burn!

(Also, this is why I like devices to have field-replaceable batteries.)

Edited by ArielMT
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ArielMT said:

Meanwhile, the only Android smartphones and tablets I can really afford, totally neglecting contract terms, almost all run 4.4.  I got lucky and found one running 5.0.  But none of them will ever see an update of any kind thanks to their manufactures and/or carriers.

Ooh, burn!

(Also, this is why I like devices to have field-replaceable batteries.)

Same. If I want something with 5.0 or above I'm going to have to pay over $100. I don't do the contract thing.

I just want a brand that has a lot of aftermarket accessories, or at least accessories are easy to find.  A rare or less popular niche phone might have little to offer. Don't want anything to do with Apple, either.

A friend had both Galaxy S and G# and said he liked the G line better, somewhat cheaper and just as powerful.

Also, the awkward creepy gen-x geek that sat next to me left, thankfully.

On 9/26/2016 at 10:46 PM, evan said:

i have very bad news for you, 4 pm evan

Da fuck you give to me?

Last night I had an itchy, dry throat. 1L of water did nothing (except make me pee a lot).

Had to get up over and over again this morning to pee and the sore throat was worse. It causes me to get mucous in my throat and then I clear my throat, or cough, and sometimes throw up. I was puking up nothing but mucous for a bit. Would sleep an hour or so, get up, pee, go back to bed, take all sorts of meds. Slept until... 5pm or so.

I figured it was a cold, because my throat gets a bit sore and scratchy before a cold, but the thing is, at this point I would have a full blown cold, and that's not happening. My throat is still sore (it waxes and wanes), and I only cough a little because of the throat. It burns like crazy sometimes though.

Don't think it's strep, because I'm not feverish nor see the white specks in my throat (which I had once when I was young), but there are red streaks where my tonsils are, so those are pretty bad.

Ahhh make it stop. :(

3 hours ago, Crazy Lee said:

Last night I had an itchy, dry throat. 1L of water did nothing (except make me pee a lot).

Had to get up over and over again this morning to pee and the sore throat was worse. It causes me to get mucous in my throat and then I clear my throat, or cough, and sometimes throw up. I was puking up nothing but mucous for a bit. Would sleep an hour or so, get up, pee, go back to bed, take all sorts of meds. Slept until... 5pm or so.

I figured it was a cold, because my throat gets a bit sore and scratchy before a cold, but the thing is, at this point I would have a full blown cold, and that's not happening. My throat is still sore (it waxes and wanes), and I only cough a little because of the throat. It burns like crazy sometimes though.

Don't think it's strep, because I'm not feverish nor see the white specks in my throat (which I had once when I was young), but there are red streaks where my tonsils are, so those are pretty bad.

Ahhh make it stop. :(

i woke up with the same.
i get it periodically.
not as extreme this time however. 

haven't found anything that works except waiting it out.

Yesterday I arrived at uni.

Uni is scary. I'm literally locked in a tower with a bunch of strangers, on a large campus where everyone is a stranger
And I have to find my way

I think I'm having fun? I'm not sure. I have no idea what is going on all of the time. But I'm trying to be social and people know my name now. That's a start 

• Like 2

On 27.9.2016 at 5:04 AM, ArielMT said:

Meanwhile, the only Android smartphones and tablets I can really afford, totally neglecting contract terms, almost all run 4.4.  I got lucky and found one running 5.0.  But none of them will ever see an update of any kind thanks to their manufacturers and/or carriers.

CyanogenMod!

• Like 1

Soooooooo....

I was on the book of faces! Yes, the Facebook. I saw a post that was shared... a white girl posted a photo of herself in African clothes! 'A' The black people all got really pissed off at her... said it was not appropriate or something. :< Meanwhile, on her profile, all her friends are black, and they constantly compliment her and she talks to them in ghetto slang words... she did a live video, and I couldn't understand 50% of what this white girl was saying! =__= If you blindfolded yourself, you'd think you were hearing a black girl. It was... very strange. ;-; All her videos are her with black people. But they all seem to like her, for some reason.

The whole thing was just... weird. Very weird. -.-

Now,... back to your daily scheduled programming! ^^

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Snagged Cub said:

Speaking of being sick, I've noticed that people don't respect the moments when they're in good health until they get sick

This might sound weird as hell, but I.. do.

Sometimes when I'm feeling normal I think to myself: "Hey, it's pretty awesome that I don't feel ill right now. I rarely appreciate this because I never notice it passively"

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, DrDingo said:

This might sound weird as hell, but I.. do.

Sometimes when I'm feeling normal I think to myself: "Hey, it's pretty awesome that I don't feel ill right now. I rarely appreciate this because I never notice it passively"

Yeah I do but mostly because whenever something even minor is wrong I always go to "yeah I'm probably gonna just die or something" mode for at least a few seconds. Sometimes I'm just like "Yes. I feel good because I am not sick."

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DrDingo said:

Yesterday I arrived at uni.

Uni is scary. I'm literally locked in a tower with a bunch of strangers, on a large campus where everyone is a stranger
And I have to find my way

I think I'm having fun? I'm not sure. I have no idea what is going on all of the time. But I'm trying to be social and people know my name now. That's a start 

Don't worry.

You get used to the crippling anxiety of knowing no one about a month in.

Or you become super popular and make 2000 friends at once.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

Don't worry.

You get used to the crippling anxiety of knowing no one about a month in.

Or you become super popular and make 2000 friends at once.

So I've been here two nights now. And actually, the people in my flat are really great and the other Computer Science kids are personable, easy going people who I really like.

I tend to make random new friends by getting lost in the nightclub and being greeted by people. Ha

It's pretty alright. I think people like me and everyone knows my name

But earlier today I got the names of two flatmates mixed up and it was super embarrassing 

• Like 2

Ugh. So sore throat is gone, no surprise, I could feel it getting better.

Woke up sore though, and with a very fast dry hacking cough and a runny nose. So it's a cold. Sometimes I cough so fast I give myself serious hiccups. And the soreness. My neck is stiff and my body is sore.

Every last cold has lasted between 1-2 months. I don't know why, my doctor makes excuses because he's too lazy (or not paid enough) to study it, or maybe he thinks I'm whining (is it normal for a cold to last up to 2 months every time?). So, mark this. Last Tues of Sep I got sick. If I am sick around thanksgiving, there is something wrong with me and maybe my doctor needs to be sued for malpractice.

3 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

Ugh. So sore throat is gone, no surprise, I could feel it getting better.

Woke up sore though, and with a very fast dry hacking cough and a runny nose. So it's a cold. Sometimes I cough so fast I give myself serious hiccups. And the soreness. My neck is stiff and my body is sore.

Every last cold has lasted between 1-2 months. I don't know why, my doctor makes excuses because he's too lazy (or not paid enough) to study it, or maybe he thinks I'm whining (is it normal for a cold to last up to 2 months every time?). So, mark this. Last Tues of Sep I got sick. If I am sick around thanksgiving, there is something wrong with me and maybe my doctor needs to be sued for malpractice.

If I had a cold that lasted more than a week then I would be kinda worried.

2 months and I would panic.

Try and get a new doctor or maybe try and do a little research and solve the problem yourself if you can.

If neither fixes the problem you'll probably get used to it...  or die.:v

3 hours ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

someone tell me what Vegemite is like

Burnt bacon grease.

One of my coworkers took a bet to eat an entire jar of it in one sitting, raw with only one glass of water allowed. Well, the remaining amount of a jar after most of us had tried a taste, which was basically the entire jar. He succeeded but it remains to first food bet he openly regretted (surprisingly, still says he does not regret the milk chugging one that made him vomit.) He also says he felt pretty sick later that evening. It IS a helluva lot of salt n' sodium, afterall.

6 minutes ago, DrGravitas said:

Burnt bacon grease.

One of my coworkers took a bet to eat an entire jar of it in one sitting, raw with only one glass of water allowed. Well, the remaining amount of a jar after most of us had tried a taste, which was basically the entire jar. He succeeded but it remains to first food bet he openly regretted (surprisingly, still says he does not regret the milk chugging one that made him vomit.) He also says he felt pretty sick later that evening. It IS a helluva lot of salt n' sodium, afterall.

That is one hell of a heartkiller meal

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DrGravitas said:

Burnt bacon grease.

tumblr_mx3oieUl5i1rzpxtuo1_500.gif

At first I thought your coworker ate a jar of burnt bacon grease. Nonetheless this is how thinking of eating a jar of either makes me feel. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

someone tell me what Vegemite is like

Salty, rich, maybe a little bitter. A tiny bit like the stuff left in the pan after you cook stakes, but more enjoyable. I'd get you some but shipping is expensive and you may not like it.

I believe Trader Joe carries the stuff.

Apparently a few days ago a local student committed suicide. That's the first one this school year. I was expecting a suicide eventually but this one was earlier than most.

I was originally expecting two local suicides by the end of May next year but maybe there will be three this time.

I might be wrong on the expected number for once and I can't tell if that's good or bad. 

• Vae pinned this topic