General Chat/Time-Waster Thread

Sar

I have realised one of the people I have decided to draw giftart for is someone called Of The Wilds who seems to be a well known author in the fandom.

I wonder if my FA will see a surge in views after he posts the art I made on his Sofurry page and credits me for the effort.

I made my therapist laugh the other day when I exclaimed, "I could have died with a Bible up my ass!", in reference to talking about how there are definitely dangers out there in certain subcultures, and we both had to pause, and we both laughed, and it reminded me that therapists haven't heard it all, until I breeze into the office.

We tend to laugh a lot in general...for the $10 co-pay, it's much better than a movie, and I leave feeling lighter.

• Like 3

Is it still true that CMOS logic ICs will die from even a tiny amount of static? Because I like how CMOS stuff takes higher  voltages without dying but I have read that every pin on CMOS stuff needs pull down resistors to avoid damage.

I am stuck with getting a TTL logic IC and 5 volt regulator (so that doesn't die)  or getting the CMOS equivalent and a resistor network thingy for it.

I don't need the speed advantage of CMOS for what I am doing if anyone if wondering. 

So while in mile-long con reg line, I decided to download Pokemon Go onto my new phone.

Yea, like I said before, I tend to get into things a year or more after it came out. It hasn't been a year but the hype is dead at this point.

But, I haven't started playing it because I can't figure out a nick that hasn't been taken.

So, denizens of Phoenix. Give me suggestions for a Pokemon Go nickname. I will probably not use any of them.

20 hours ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

6dkJkEh.jpg

@Zerig ????

I need a raccoon chubby and cute like this. It looks like a damn raccoon plush.

44 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

So while in mile-long con reg line, I decided to download Pokemon Go onto my new phone.

Yea, like I said before, I tend to get into things a year or more after it came out. It hasn't been a year but the hype is dead at this point.

But, I haven't started playing it because I can't figure out a nick that hasn't been taken.

So, denizens of Phoenix. Give me suggestions for a Pokemon Go nickname. I will probably not use any of them.

SanityIsOverrated
SanityIsForTheWeak
ScalyHeadcase

:3

• Like 2

My good deed of the day:

My bedroom's thermostat crapped out a few weeks ago. I've been out of heating since then, and it's getting cold outside. So I went to Canadian Tire to buy a replacement one. As I got back to my car a guy with a Chevy Silverado needed a boost. Who would I've been to refuse.

That was rather funny, a little Tercel jump-starting a Silverado. :P

• Like 1

I wonder if there any circuit design programs that are free, allow real time simulation and warn you if your design will fry a component.

Though my college has a program like this it it is meant for educational use and so has some annoying limitations (no all important linear regulators that every modern bit of electronics has at least one in.)  and things useless to me imtended to teach beginners with like pictures of basic batteries, lamps etc. rather than the IEC (rectangle resistors) and ANSI (awful zigzag resistors) symbols for those.

• Like 1

So today in biology class we were building towers made of raw spaghetti noodles and marshmallows. Some of you know this as a common challenge. When we were selecting groups, I denied basically everyone and went with my friend that is an engineering genius(which made everyone except him mad). It was just me and him for 20 minutes trying to build the tower as tall as possible(since the challenge was to make the tallest). Everything went so well that not only did we win by a landslide, we were actually a prime example for shadowing students. The seniors were impressed by it since it could actually be damaged and still hold. Our reward? An incredible feeling of satisfaction and bonus points on tomorrow's test.

IMG_0856.JPG

Heres the tower. It could have gone higher but we started running out of time and had to finish the top pyramid quickly. It was a total of 1 meter high.

Today was a very good day.

• Like 2

If you want some fun with something not quite election related, here ya go. Guy rambles on for 14 minutes about how the Earth does not rotate and the entire universe revolves around the Earth, because the Bible says so. This is what I love/hate about religious nutjobs. They are so desperate to make the universe and Science fit their biblical worldview. Our US education system at work.

Whelp, it's over. Trump is going to take away my pot and my gay butt sex marriage rights. He's also gonna make abortion a no-no and the streets will be flooded with single mothers dependant on welfare.

Hillary would've started WWIII. Trump still might.

I don't know how to feel.

My butt hurts. I need to lie down.

At least the ensuing drama will be funny up until people get hurt.

• Like 2

I didn't think it would happen but there is now a replacement for the 30 or so 555 timer IC variants (NE555 SE555 LM555 etc. ) labelled ICN7555 that is way better. Which is good as the thing it replaces is positively anchient but still gets made by the millions (It even has its own Wikipedia article ).

On 11/7/2016 at 11:13 PM, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

Crazilee, The Crazy One, NoNameBrand, BendOverBoy (Nintento Approved for sure.).

On 11/7/2016 at 11:31 PM, LadyRadarEars said:

SanityIsOverrated
SanityIsForTheWeak
ScalyHeadcase

Those aren't...bad...

On 11/8/2016 at 2:57 PM, george99g said:

Would KiCad do the job you need to do?

Does it do realtime simulation? I might have to try this.

• Like 1

• Vae pinned this topic