Which cancelled show are you still not over yet?

Ansitru

Have you ever started watching a series that just ticked all the boxes, was amazing in terms of plot, had great actors... basically made you sit at the edge of your seat only for it to end with a cliff-hanger and a cancellation shortly after?

Because I just found out Syfy is axing Haven and I'm in denial. About as much denial as when I found out Firefly only got one season and meanwhile The Vampire Diaries keeps trucking on even though the show has become shite (implying it wasn't already when it started). And don't even get me started on the final season of Warehouse13.

tumblr_m6963ecigx1r6aoq4o1_500.gif

So, what shows are you grieving?

Heroes... the seasons seemed good, bad, good, bad, etc and the last season was tripe, the next one would've been so good with the powers reveal :(

Edit: Post thought, was pretty miffed about Reaper getting axed mid-season for a lousy ending.  I'll be amazed if anyone here's watched either series

Edited by Zytan

Terranova :v

Also pissed about Under the Dome. 

I wasn't watching Firefly until years after cancelled. 

I only watched it recently, but I was like.. There's only one season? Really?!

And Syfy has this terrible habit of cancelling shows mid story-arc as well, it's terrible. Warehouse13's final season was rushed and the storyline was ... wtf, really. I'm not all that optimistic about Haven's final part because of that.

Oh, and as silly as the show was, Selfie had potential as well. :c

Young Justice

I am so sick of Cartoon Network cancelling excellent shows just because girls are getting more into them than their target audience

Oh Young Justice was great.  The lesson they really need to learn is just to let their creators make good shows and then not interfere.  Seriously everything that was bad about the second season was a direct result of terrible executive decisions.

Oh speaking of SyFy.. Caprica. Still salty about that

Oh.
Oh no.

That one is on my "To Watch"-list. Does it end on a cliffhanger, or no?

Speaking of cliffhangers: motherfucking COPPER. The theme was awesome. The storylines were awesome. The characters were awesome. And it ended on a cliffhanger. A huge one. HUUUUUUGE. I'm still bitter about that one.

Oh.Oh no.

That one is on my "To Watch"-list. Does it end on a cliffhanger, or no?

I don't really remember now, it's been years, but the ending was ehhh. BSG was way better obviously, but still would have liked to see Caprica come to a conclusion on its own rather than due to cancellation. 

At the risk of showing my age...  The ones I'm not over are ones that jumped the shark, essentially causing their cancellations: Airwolf and SeaQuest DSV in particular.

oh man. I miss that show. I used to watch it every time I can on TV.  I love Darwin.  

I'm still bummed about csi ny being cancelled. And that finale was really underwhelming in my opinion. I was like. This is how they go out? The hell!

Sym-Bionic Titan

Its my favorite Cartoon Network series, and it was canned after 20 episodes just after introducing a bunch of story ideas that it never got to elaborate on or explain. 

TFW I will never see Lance and Illana make it back to their home planet.

Cool if somewhat spoilery scene if anyone wants to know why I like it

To Catch a Predator. Chris Hansen please, come back to us, America needs your services again...

Show is rebooted, but called To Catch a Brony. Undercover cops pose as farmers or even real life horses to bait them out to rural farm country for sting operation.

I enjoyed Heroes a lot as well

Glad they're bringing it back. Though I hope it's not really bad...

Half hoping Sylar turns bad again, everyone worrying about his whereabouts was interesting... assuming they keep the same actor.  I've not really read into the reboot admittedly.

Silly thing, I know, but I wish Alf had gotten a proper ending.

Would've loved to see Firefly and Family Tree continue. Was deeply disappointed that Creature Comforts USA got cancelled so early, because Creature Comforts is one of my favorite shows, period.

Dollhouse got cancelled just as it was starting to pull me in. Another Whedon show bites the dust.

Young Justice - For real this was the whole reason I got back into DC related comics/shows etc..

Hannibal - Great show loads of fans and ughhhh no reason to cancel it jfc

Firefly - RIP

Edited by Sweetlikesugar
I'm a moron and forgot the rest of what I was typing

At the risk of showing my age...  The ones I'm not over are ones that jumped the shark, essentially causing their cancellations: Airwolf and SeaQuest DSV in particular.

WOW! Airwolf! I haven't thought about that program in a long time. The concept of a helicopter going mach one is kind of out there, but there were a lot of liberties taken with that show. Many of them involved winches, ladders and other paraphernalia in the passenger section whilst having passengers. I knew someone who was a helicopter pilot in the U.S. Army and he poked all kinds of holes in the series, despite loving it.  Thank you for making me smile today. I really enjoyed that series when it was on.

Half hoping Sylar turns bad again, everyone worrying about his whereabouts was interesting... assuming they keep the same actor.  I've not really read into the reboot admittedly.

Ahaha, nah mate. Zachary Quinto is a huge big deal star now that he's been thrust into the limelight with his role as Spock in the new Star Trek movies. It was stated pretty early on when the Heroes Reborn series was announced that many actors, including Zachary, and Milo Ventimiglia as well I believe (Who played Peter Patrelli), were not returning to the series.

• Like 1

Ahaha, nah mate. Zachary Quinto is a huge big deal star now that he's been thrust into the limelight with his role as Spock in the new Star Trek movies. It was stated pretty early on when the Heroes Reborn series was announced that many actors, including Zachary, and Milo Ventimiglia as well I believe (Who played Peter Patrelli), were not returning to the series.

It won't be the same though! :o  Bah, fave char ruined

A couple of my favorite canceled shows are getting apparent (or possible) reboots, and I can't say I'm likely to enjoy them. SWAT Kats and Reboot are those shows. Reboot is going to basically turn into Code Lyoko from what I've read, and I have no clue which direction SK is going, but what I've seen isn't exactly my cup of tea.

oh really? :S I kinda thought MegaByte coming back from the Web was dumb so I never looked into any off-tv stuff for it. 

ot: gargoyles. It was a really dark, sophisticated show for kids but it had one crappy season and down the drain it went. Such a waste. 

• Like 1

ot: gargoyles. It was a really dark, sophisticated show for kids but it had one crappy season and down the drain it went. Such a waste. 

Oh know the stories behind Gargoyles ending is much more tragic then just one bad seasons.  The bad season was because Disney took the series out of the hands of its creator Greg Weisman.  The reason Disney took it out of his hands was because at a convention Greg was asked by a fan if any of the characters were gay to which Greg responded something along the lines of "This will never come up in the show, but in my mind Lexington is gay."  After this response Disney has since blacklisted Greg from ever working with them again.  Greg also had another of his shows cancelled by Disney.  The Spectacular Spider-Man was quickly canceled as soon as Disney acquired Marvel.

Though to be honest this is something I heard from a friend and I can't find any hard evidence for it so I guess take it with a grain of salt.

• Like 1

Oh know the stories behind Gargoyles ending is much more tragic then just one bad seasons.  The bad season was because Disney took the series out of the hands of its creator Greg Weisman.  The reason Disney took it out of his hands was because at a convention Greg was asked by a fan if any of the characters were gay to which Greg responded something along the lines of "This will never come up in the show, but in my mind Lexington is gay."  After this response Disney has since blacklisted Greg from ever working with them again.  Greg also had another of his shows cancelled by Disney.  The Spectacular Spider-Man was quickly canceled as soon as Disney acquired Marvel.

Though to be honest this is something I heard from a friend and I can't find any hard evidence for it so I guess take it with a grain of salt.

yeah, Disney has a sad history of being homophobic. I hear that Lexington gets a bf in the comics though. :3 (even as a kid I knew Lexington was "different".mprehaps a clue to my budding gayness I guess)

You know, in a way, Disney is not too unlike FurAffinity. Corrupt, ran by assholes, but really great for artists. 

Edited by Butters
Revalation!!!

Mystery Science Theater 3000. Still so many more movies left! At least it lives on in spirit with Rifftrax, but without the hokey, local TV production feel. The skits were some of the best parts.

Young Justice - For real this was the whole reason I got back into DC related comics/shows etc..

Going with that, Justice League Unlimited. Bruce Timm and Paul Dini had a heck of a time getting CN to back this thing. Moving time slots all the time and never advertising it. There was an article on World's Finest years ago where they said CN told them something like "kids don't want to see a bunch of adults running around in pajamas." They did have at least one friend in the company though, so they managed to squeak out a 3rd season even after they had a big finale for the 2nd as kind of a bonus.